Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kansas 90 Kentucky 84 OT

Featured Replies

  • Replies 89
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for Cal to go to the NBA or where ever. UK needs a coach that can actually coach.

Couldn't stop dribble penetration all night. KU guards got to the rim at will and created foul issues for the entire UK front court...

 

KU guards can get to the rim on most teams. The help defense wasn't there consistently and Marcus Lee refuses to stop hammering down.

 

I do think this might be one of Cal's worst defensive teams though.

 

Labissiere wilts like a flower defensively. Refuses to sacrifice his body.

Briscoe, please find a way to make free throws! After last game and the way he started this game, I thought he was turning a corner. This team is going to have a lot of close games down the stretch, he has to get better!

Whale of a game. Gary Parrish is correct in that these two need to play every year in a home-and-home when they don't face off in the Champions Classic.

I get it that KU drove to the basket and drew fouls. The second half rebounding fouls and non-fouls were curious and did not help UK.

Tough finish for the Cats. Tyler Ulis played all 45 minutes, he's becoming one of my all time favorites. I would expect Cal to work on some zone defense to help protect the bigs. At 205 Willis can't guard the 5, I love his effort, and this team is so much better offensively with him on the floor. Bill Self mentioned in his post game talk that when Willis was out of the game, it allowed them to do some different things.

 

I really expect this team to improve tremendously off this loss. The roles are much more defined and Cal can begin to fine tune the offense and defense.

 

This will be a team that nobody wants to draw in their bracket as a 4-6 seed. As we've seen in years past Cal will have them ready!

I know Murray cannot guard a fence post. Selden was open all night long.

There are some obvious areas where we need to improve, ...free throws, bigs playing d without fouling, maybe giving tyler a 15 second breather lol, but I am really enjoying watching this team, and the way they are improving.

 

Skal is a fighter, and I was thrilled to death with him knocking down those jumpers. He has taken a lot of criticism, and struggled to be sure, so to see him trying to improve, with a positive energy, ....well, I say if a kid is gonna be positive and try to get better, then get behind him and cheer him on.

Not true

 

Kansas isn't the better team?

I get the vibe from Poythress that after all this time he's still not confident where he's supposed to be, or what he's supposed to do. I hope I'm wrong.

Ulis ran out of gas. I thought we also saw his size hurt him. Specifically, on the breakaway lay up miss and once when he got a rebound and held it shoulder level, a KU guy just took it from him.

Kansas isn't the better team?

 

I don't believe KU is the better team. They both are better than Louisville though.

How can a guy (Briscoe) who shoots 39%, probably worse now, get a D1 scholarship? Like many have said, he can't be in a tight game in the end with the ball in his hands. Zero, none, nada and whatever else word you can use, excuse to not shoot at least 60% as a D1 basketball player. If they don't shoot FTs on practice he needs to look at it as a pride thing and shoot 100 or more a day on his own. Pathetic.

How can a guy (Briscoe) who shoots 39%, probably worse now, get a D1 scholarship? Like many have said, he can't be in a tight game in the end with the ball in his hands. Zero, none, nada and whatever else word you can use, excuse to not shoot at least 60% as a D1 basketball player. If they don't shoot FTs on practice he needs to look at it as a pride thing and shoot 100 or more a day on his own. Pathetic.

 

The same reason why a guy who shoots 90 percent from the line doesn't get a D1 scholarship. One player is very good and gifted in a lot more areas and the other player simply isn't as good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.