Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kansas 90 Kentucky 84 OT

Featured Replies

Kansas isn't the better team?

 

Self is 201-9 at home.

 

Cats gave them all they wanted in their own house. One of the toughest places around to win.

 

Neutral court? I like UK's chances.

  • Replies 89
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say it right now. I'm picking UK to advance to the Elite 8 and have a great shot at the Final 4. And Kentucky will prove to be a better team than Kansas.

I think you are looking for something that is not even there sometimes. There has been games this year when Murray has forced things but today was not one of them. Shoot for long periods of stretches he really didn't even let himself get much involved in the offensive end and that was part of the offensive problem in the second half. Jay Bilas was completely right when he said that Murray needs to be more aggressive and not settle for jump shots. So if anything he wasn't selfish enough in this game and settled to much instead of trying to attack more.

 

Now if you want to complain about his defense, I can't disagree because he was getting beat a lot on defense.

That's fair, just a difference of opnions. Saturday wasn't as bad as some but I did see a few shots he took when should have given it up. That's all, and I agree that his defensive play does suck. :thumb:
Kansas isn't the better team?

 

I think that Kansas is a better team, we did let this one slip away though.

I think that Kansas is a better team, we did let this one slip away though.

 

I disagree. It's really hard to explain what Kentucky was up against in a true road game at Allen Fieldhouse.

I'll say it right now. I'm picking UK to advance to the Elite 8 and have a great shot at the Final 4. And Kentucky will prove to be a better team than Kansas.

I hope that you're right. I think that its certainly possible to get to the E8, just not probable imo.

I hope that you're right. I think that its certainly possible to get to the E8, just not probable imo.

 

I think they're getting better than you think.

That's fair, just a difference of opnions. Saturday wasn't as bad as some but I did see a few shots he took when should have given it up. That's all, and I agree that his defensive play does suck. :thumb:

 

I definitely see what you are saying. However He is the type of player who can and has made those shots. Some of the times he has had to force a shot has been when shot clock is almost up. Which besides Ullis there is really not many others on the team that you can count on to make a shot. He has the ability to take over a game if he actually does get more aggressive and assertive. As we seen at the end of the game when UK was down one, coach Cal Drew up a play for him because he can create his own shot.

 

We have grown so use to having so much talent on the whole roster, we forget what it's like to have some players clearly better than the rest and needing them to take over more so it may come off as selfish when in reality its the best chance for the team. Him and Ullis remind me of those UConn teams. People may have took their guards like Napier and others as selfish for taking so many shots. However in reality that type of play was what was best for the team and I think that is the case with this UK team.

Kansas won't make the Sweet 16

Skal is a fighter, and I was thrilled to death with him knocking down those jumpers. He has taken a lot of criticism, and struggled to be sure, so to see him trying to improve, with a positive energy, ....well, I say if a kid is gonna be positive and try to get better, then get behind him and cheer him on.

 

Good call. Skal has been frustrating, but I was impressed that he didn't hesitate to shoot, and hit, those jumpers in pressure-packed moments.

 

Here's to hoping he is getting there. :thumb:

Skal has the confidence to take and make those shots because that is what he's actually good at doing. Asking him to score with his back to the basket? Not so much. Like it or not, that's on Cal. His skill set coming in wasn't a great unknown. Asking him to be a back to the basket guy was never, ever going to work at this stage in his development...

Skal has the confidence to take and make those shots because that is what he's actually good at doing. Asking him to score with his back to the basket? Not so much. Like it or not, that's on Cal. His skill set coming in wasn't a great unknown. Asking him to be a back to the basket guy was never, ever going to work at this stage in his development...

 

I have to believe, Cal anticipated having Dakari down low.

I disagree. It's really hard to explain what Kentucky was up against in a true road game at Allen Fieldhouse.

 

I really liked playing this game. Whoever decided to play this SEC/Big XII Challenge the weekend before the Super Bowl was very wise. Enjoyable basketball and a break from the same old in-season league grind (even if Bill Self didn't like it!).

I really liked playing this game. Whoever decided to play this SEC/Big XII Challenge the weekend before the Super Bowl was very wise. Enjoyable basketball and a break from the same old in-season league grind (even if Bill Self didn't like it!).

 

Calipari didn't like it either but they both acknowledged that it's great for their schools and conferences.

It doesn't come across on television what it's truly like at Allen Fieldhouse. There were times when the sound in the arena was just under the decibel level of a military jet taking off.

 

It's hard for me to explain in words. It was so loud that it vibrated you. The power of the arena almost causes you to be overcome with emotion. Almost like you don't know whether to laugh or cry.

 

Some of you would be much more impressed with Kentucky if you knew what that place was like. The fact that they had the ball with a chance to win in regulation is nothing short of phenomenal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.