Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kansas 90 Kentucky 84 OT

Featured Replies

Good game. End the end the cream rises to the top and the better team won.

 

You always have such insightful comments on UK. Thank you. Now, back to the game tapes.

  • Replies 89
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For out rebounded by 11. Kansas had 14 offensive rebounds!

 

I think the deficit was 4 or 5 in regulation. Desperation shooting and bigs who can rebound (on the bench) made it look worse on the final tally.

I find discomfort in criticizing Ulis, but he has to be selfish on that last play of regulation. He can't trust Murray there. He needed to go up and try to get fouled. Also I really hate the notion that the foul count should be equal. Kentucky fouled just about every time Kansas drove and there were still a couple that Kentucky fouled and they didn't call it. As a team UK gets beat off the dribble all the time and they foul because they are a step slow recovering. But with that said to go into Kansas and play the way they did, is very promising. Especially with as bad as Kentucky has been on road. Honestly the Cats should feel better after this game than they did before the game. I admit I thought this game had the possibility of getting ugly.

Sucks that we didn't win but I am happy with his this team is playing. Keep improving and come March this will be a very dangerous tournament team.

UK fans should be ecstatic. The fact that they competed in this atmosphere tells me that UK is back in the mix.

UK fans should be ecstatic. The fact that they competed in this atmosphere tells me that UK is back in the mix.

 

They nearly overcame a lot of obstacles to pull out the win, such as the foul trouble their bigs were in, poor 3 Pt shooting, poor defense from the guards and not getting to the FT line one time in the last 10 minutes of regulation.

I understand the whole "Skal has to face the basket on offense" thing. Sure, he's not going to be a post up player. However the zero rebounds thing is getting real old.

I understand the whole "Skal has to face the basket on offense" thing. Sure, he's not going to be a post up player. However the zero rebounds thing is getting real old.

 

I agree, having to play him because of Willis' foul trouble more than likely cost UK the game. Willis has become UK's best rebounder and was really needed on the court tonight due to Kansas being so aggressive going to the offensive glass .

That turnover with 2.2 seconds left was the killer. Didn't even get a shot for the win.

 

Oh well, not too terribly upset about this loss. Had every opportunity to win this game at Kansas and that's all I was really hoping for, just a good game with a chance for the win at the end.

 

Need to build off this and not get too low...these next few SEC games are big.

It looked like Ulis had Murray wide open on the wing and he chose to try to split two defenders and proceeded to kick it out of bounds. Something makes me think Murray would have knocked down that shot for the win.

But UK had their chances. Missed 5 free throws in the OT. Not going to win that way. Kansas hit their late free throws, and they sure had enough practice on the night shooting almost 50.

 

Seldon had the game of his inconsistent career.

And if Briscoe can't make free throws why is he the one driving to the basket drawing fouls in the OT? They're automatically going to foul him because it's almost a sure turnover.

Murray disappeared for too much of the game.

Willis fouling out really hurt.

You always have such insightful comments on UK. Thank you. Now, back to the game tapes.

 

It really is sad how pathetic some people are... And you would think if he was going to put forth the effort to change font color, he would at least post some that made sense..

Kansas experience and depth really showed down the stretch run. U.K. with 2, maybe 3 fouled out. Kansas players weren't as tired / winded due to their depth. Cats were out rebounded by 11, only shot 59 % ft, only 22 % on 3's compared to Kansas shooting 42 % from behind the line. Seldon had a game of his life, he killed us all night. That turnover with around 2-3 seconds left hurt bad. Ulis looked like he was wanting Murray to break to kick it out to him and he didn't. I'm not sure, that's just what it seemed to me. After the game that Ty Ulis played I am sure not going to 2nd guess him. Murray .. I hate t seem like I am on him solely, I am not but he imo still is taking bad shots, out of position shots when he needs to pass the ball. Sure Murray can play and shoot, he is an important part if this team is going where it wants to. He just seems to play selfish at times, jmo. Skal I getting more comfortable but Dang It he needs to go to the boards ! Willis, Poythress foul trouble of course hurt bad, especially when it went to OT, lack of inside presence really did in the Cats in OT.

Overall I thought the Cats effort was great, actually this one went closer than I was expecting. All played with everything they had. I can't say enough about Tyler Ulis ! Unbelievable game, excellent play on both ends of the floor and by games end Ulis was spent, he couldn't have played any better. 26 pts. I believe and late in the game he had only one turnover and 6 assist (I think, not sure on what he ended up with). Where would this team be without Ulis ? Answer is no where. I do believe that this team has turned the corner, still have a lot to improve but overall effort is there. U.K. will go as Ulis goes.

Dissapointed with a loss, especially in OT but still encouraged on the rest of the season.

 

Now lets go get that team wearing that disgusting shade of orange. ...

(p.s --- did I mention that Tyle Ulis can play ??)

Edited by oldrambler

 

Bill Self forced me to give him five :lol2:

Good game. End the end the cream rises to the top and the better team won.

 

Not true

Kansas experience and depth really showed down the stretch run. U.K. with 2, maybe 3 fouled out. Kansas players weren't as tired / winded due to their depth. Cats were out rebounded by 11, only shot 59 % ft, only 22 % on 3's compared to Kansas shooting 42 % from behind the line. Seldon had a game of his life, he killed us all night. That turnover with around 2-3 seconds left hurt bad. Ulis looked like he was wanting Murray to break to kick it out to him and he didn't. I'm not sure, that's just what it seemed to me. After the game that Ty Ulis played I am sure not going to 2nd guess him. Murray .. I hate t seem like I am on him solely, I am not but he imo still is taking bad shots, out of position shots when he needs to pass the ball. Sure Murray can play and shoot, he is an important part if this team is going where it wants to. He just seems to play selfish at times, jmo. Skal I getting more comfortable but Dang It he needs to go to the boards ! Willis, Poythress foul trouble of course hurt bad, especially when it went to OT, lack of inside presence really did in the Cats in OT.

Overall I thought the Cats effort was great, actually this one went closer than I was expecting. All played with everything they had. I can't say enough about Tyler Ulis ! Unbelievable game, excellent play on both ends of the floor and by games end Ulis was spent, he couldn't have played any better. 26 pts. I believe and late in the game he had only one turnover and 6 assist (I think, not sure on what he ended up with). Where would this team be without Ulis ? Answer is no where. I do believe that this team has turned the corner, still have a lot to improve but overall effort is there. U.K. will go as Ulis goes.

Dissapointed with a loss, especially in OT but still encouraged on the rest of the season.

 

Now lets go get that team wearing that disgusting shade of orange. ...

(p.s --- did I mention that Tyle Ulis can play ??)

 

I think you are looking for something that is not even there sometimes. There has been games this year when Murray has forced things but today was not one of them. Shoot for long periods of stretches he really didn't even let himself get much involved in the offensive end and that was part of the offensive problem in the second half. Jay Bilas was completely right when he said that Murray needs to be more aggressive and not settle for jump shots. So if anything he wasn't selfish enough in this game and settled to much instead of trying to attack more.

 

Now if you want to complain about his defense, I can't disagree because he was getting beat a lot on defense.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.