Marvin Lewis--Stay or Go?

Should he saty or should he go?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should he saty or should he go?

First, I know this is a moot point, as Mike Brown will never fire Marvin; but what do the Bengals' fans (or non-fans) on here think?

While openly a critic of Marvin's, I really do appreciate the job he has done in making the Bengals at least relevant in his tenure here. However, he doesn't seem capable of taking them to the next level? Horrible game manager, and one of the worst I've ever seen in way too many years of watching the NFL at clock/time out management.

Personally I think it's time for him to either move on to another club (for his sake and ours), or up to the GM position (I hear all the laughter at the thought of Mikey hiring a GM). Thoughts?

Does anyone think Lewis would get another head coaching job in the NFL if he were to be let go??

Being an Eagles fan, I see a lot of parallels between Lewis and Andy Reid, especially the game management criticisms. I know Andy has at least won quite a few playoff games, but it's still an interesting comparison.

Does anyone think Lewis would get another head coaching job in the NFL if he were to be let go??

Being an Eagles fan, I see a lot of parallels between Lewis and Andy Reid, especially the game management criticisms. I know Andy has at least won quite a few playoff games, but it's still an interesting comparison.

In a heartbeat

In a heartbeat

I agree. As with Reid, sometimes it's just time for a change, and it wouldn't surprise me if Marvin hit the ground running with another team (like Reid). However, as the Eagles just learned, hiring the wrong guy could set the Bengals back years. It's a very tricky situation.

I agree. As with Reid, sometimes it's just time for a change, and it wouldn't surprise me if Marvin hit the ground running with another team (like Reid). However, as the Eagles just learned, hiring the wrong guy could set the Bengals back years. It's a very tricky situation.
So, his knock now is his playoff record. How many squads would be satisfied with enough improvement to just make the playoffs? I'd say several

Lost in the uproar is that a Marvin led team once again battled back after being down 15-0 in the fourth quarter. That's a check in his positive column. Still, I think the lack of discipline that has been allowed to fester is enough to let him move on. I have no doubt that he would find another position rather quickly.

Marvin would get looks immediately if he was fired. Heck, Chip Kelly is getting looks and he had not accomplished 1/10th of what Marvin has in the NFL. I just laugh when people call him a terrible head coach. I am not a huge fan but c'mon man, be fair. When he came to the Bengals, the team was a LAUGHINGSTOCK in the NFL. The Bengals were considered one of the worst franchises in pro sports, let alone the NFL. He has turned them into a team that is in the playoffs EVERY SINGLE YEAR. That is an incredible accomplishment for ANY team not named the Patriots! If he goes, I won't be upset because he has some short comings that have been well documented on here...(1) clock management, (2) lost control of some players, and (3) the team does not get it done in "big" games.

The Bengals could do A LOT worse that Marvin though IMO. Hopefully, he moves to a position in the front office. That would probably be the best move for all involved IMO.

Could a mod please add a poll, so we can see how many on here have truly been "Bengalized" :D (i.e. Willing to accept mediocracy, vs. taking a chance and returning to the "lost decades")

Making the playoffs 5 straight years in the NFL is absolutely NOT mediocrity...or mediocracy:)