Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 85 Kentucky 67

Featured Replies

I haven't read through the thread yet, so sorry if this has already been mentioned. But I thought the moment in that game that defines what Kentucky's season has been so far is when Skal tried to intimidate Simmons. What an absolute fool. He has 50 pounds on you and you literally have done nothing at Kentucky. He looked like an idiot.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two dudes in 30 years....that settles it. :D

 

You just cited two cats that are 50+ years old.

 

Says a lot about my point.

 

I agree with the overall point, but I'd add Nate Robinson & Earl Boykins as little guys that have stuck around.

 

Of course, there are several little guys that are hovering around 6 foot that have been very successful: MTGL's boy Allen Iverson (although he's allegedly 6'0''), Jameer Nelson & Chris Paul.

 

** Not comparing Ulis to any of these guys.

 

Edit: Just saw @HammerTime listed Boykins

Can't believe it took so long for someone to catch this. Particularly since it was Duece who posted it!!!

 

Oh, Deuce caught it . . . :lol2:

All you need to know about this game is LSU 85. UK under Cal is all about defense. This team now has turned two average teams into offensive wizards (Ohio State, LSU). LSU shoots 50% from the floor and 43% on threes. UK gets outrebounded by 14 and has 5 more turnovers than LSU. It seemed like LSU scored on almost every possession. When they missed they got the rebound and shot till they made it. This team has to get the defense fixed first above all else.

No, the first thing this team needs is an attitude adjustment. Big time. Just because you have a jersey that says Kentucky, doesn't mean you don't need to earn the right to wear it. Get your butts in the gym and don't leave until you clean up your game, if that is possible. And no they surely do not expect to be one and done with this attitude. Gonna be a long winter.:sarcastic:

Four more made threes makes this a six point game instead of an 18 point game. I'd say 2-3 more would have definitely made a difference.

Yeah! And if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

I will say this for the people who do think Briscoe should be playing as much as he does and much more than Willis. If Briscoe was not this big name recruit we heard a lot about coming into this season, would you all still think he should be starting and playing as much as he is?

 

Briscoe honestly is a little faster version of Hawkins his freshman year.

I thought the Wildcats gave up. Just quit playing. I know playing at LSU is rough, but come on man. Show a little heart.

Never understood what that meant. Not playing hard, not playing tough, etc. No way you can really know that.

I love Ulis but I'll be shocked if he's a pro.

 

Murray will be a pro.

 

Last night's game was the first one I have seen this year where I thought Ulis looked overmatched at times. Perhaps it was because he was trying to do too much. Regardless it looked like LSU's size and athleticism caused him some problems. He also looked overmatched trying to guard some of the LSU players. His game last night makes me wonder about Ulis in the NBA.

Last night's game was the first one I have seen this year where I thought Ulis looked overmatched at times. Perhaps it was because he was trying to do too much. Regardless it looked like LSU's size and athleticism caused him some problems. He also looked overmatched trying to guard some of the LSU players. His game last night makes me wonder about Ulis in the NBA.
True, but I think we started getting a glimpse of how teams will guard UK. Last year it was to pack the middle, this year is to extend out beyond the arc because the others aren't capable, especially down low.
You just cited two cats that are 50+ years old.

 

Says a lot about my point.

 

The list of sub 6 footers is underwhelming but I think Ulis can carve a niche in the league. I hope he waits until 2018.

Ulis--Not his best game, but a very good game; especially given the total lack of help by the bigs.

Point taken :thumb:. I was basically speaking of their (everyones) total lack of interest, at least that's what it looked like to me. Ulis imo will always look at least "above avg.", even in a bad outing for him. I have said before that he was imo the best point guard in America and I still believe that.

:lol2:

 

We'll see who has a better season between my team and LSU.

 

If you put your teams Coach with LSU talent, they would be #1 in the country as well.

Surprised no one has mentioned Murray's defense (or lack thereof) on here? For all his athletic ability, he can't guard a fencepost--If it moves! Quick guards routinely blow by him, and he looks lost sometimes in zones or on switches.

 

Can't keep him out of the lineup, but man, he needs to pick it up on the defensive end for this team to be more successful. Goes stretches where he gives up as many as he scores??

Maybe Cal should dabble with a little zone with this team, which I know he hates.

Maybe Cal should dabble with a little zone with this team, which I know he hates.

 

I feel like every year since Coach Cal has been here, that people suggest that the Wildcats should play more zone. Zone could possibly be what is best. However I think Coach Cal has done well enough for us to trust the process. I think some of us have forgot what it is like to be a normal college team that will lose some games, and not go undefeated lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.