Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 85 Kentucky 67

Featured Replies

Wow people over reacted in the moment after the Duke win talking about how this team may be better than last year's team and definitely better offensively. A month later and people are over reacting and saying this team may be worst than the nit team.

 

UK fans live in the moment way to much. This team will take some lumps but come tournament time they will be fine. I think they will be a 3 or 4 seed and not close to missing the tournament.

 

Spot on on all accounts.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Losing doesn't bother me. Losing playing soft REALLY bothers me.

 

Huge turning point in the game...

 

Skal got a good pass from someone wide open down low. He went up with the weakest stuff ever, missed off the front of the rim and would have put it at a 4 or 6 point game. Should have been a dunk. LSU went on to score 3 straight baskets. I forget what the exact score was at that point.

 

People throw around the word soft a lot of time and it doesn't really apply, but it 100% does for him.

Someone will give him a chance. He controls the game too well to not give him a look. Poythress and Lee will be lucky to get a D League spot.

 

He'll get a chance. He may spend some time on a roster. He's just too small.

He'll get a chance. He may spend some time on a roster. He's just too small.

 

So was Spud Webb and Muggsy Bogues.

I don't see many (if any) league teams winning at Rupp. So assuming Kentucky can split their remaining conference road games (or even go 3-5), they should be fine. A 23-8 team with wins over Duke, Louisville, Arizona State, and what should inevitably be a couple good SEC wins should have no trouble getting a solid seed in the NCAA. I could be wrong, but I envision this team somewhere near a 4-5 seed.

Going into the season I thought Skal was going to be the difference maker, he has a heck of an offensive skill threat that many centers don't have. But his problem is that all centers have what he doesn't have, strength in the post. The guy is soft. Hard to play at the 5 when you can't even remotely hold your own in the paint.

 

This team is still going to make the tournament so I'm not too worried. Probably will be between a 6-9 seed. Thy have moments of brilliance which is why I think UK will be fine. The NIT team didn't have any moments where I felt comfortable with them.

I don't see many (if any) league teams winning at Rupp. So assuming Kentucky can split their remaining conference road games (or even go 3-5), they should be fine. A 23-8 team with wins over Duke, Louisville, Arizona State, and what should inevitably be a couple good SEC wins should have no trouble getting a solid seed in the NCAA. I could be wrong, but I envision this team somewhere near a 4-5 seed.

 

Spot on. Won't finish the SEC tournament ranked outside the top 20.

This team will lose at Rupp this season.

This team will lose at Rupp this season.

 

You're probably right. But it won't happen often. And I also suspect that they'll pull a road win or two out of the fire that many suspect are losses.

Maybe they only shoot that way against weaker teams than LSU? :thumb:

 

:lol2:

 

We'll see who has a better season between my team and LSU.

Going into the season I thought Skal was going to be the difference maker, he has a heck of an offensive skill threat that many centers don't have. But his problem is that all centers have what he doesn't have, strength in the post. The guy is soft. Hard to play at the 5 when you can't even remotely hold your own in the paint.

 

This team is still going to make the tournament so I'm not too worried. Probably will be between a 6-9 seed. Thy have moments of brilliance which is why I think UK will be fine. The NIT team didn't have any moments where I felt comfortable with them.

 

I've got to ask this of those "in the know."

 

How did Skal ever get ranked #2 in the Recruit Rankings? I just can't see how anyone possibly thought that if he played against anyone.

The problem is, Willis defense is almost laughable. Watch him defend a pick & roll. It's brutal. I feel like Cal will typically favor the defensive player in that situation.

 

As laughable as Briscoe's offensive struggles? I was just trying to throw out an option to try. I have seen a lot of games this year and Briscoe doesn't appear to be getting better on the offensive end. The ineptitude of the big guys offensive skills just allows for too many non-offensive guys at one time on the floor. I like my chances with Ulis driving the ball and Murray and Willis on the wings. If Briscoe does play, no way should he ever shoot anything but a layup. We already lose too many possessions with his awesome free throw shooting, why waste more with him jacking up three's. UK is not too hard to guard when you only two options to score and one of them is 5'8" point guard.

So was Spud Webb and Muggsy Bogues.

 

You just cited two cats that are 50+ years old.

 

Says a lot about my point.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.