Big Beer Companies Trying to Push Out Craft Beer

MJAlltheWay24

Just buy local. That solves all the problems at once.

I don't care how big the breweries get, but as long as they stay owned in Cincinnati and Louisville and their quality keeps up, I'm going to keep buying Rheingeist and Against the Grain and other such brands as my primary brews.

That's what I try to do, for the most part. But I do like to sample around, and we've got a place that keeps a nice rotating stock of in-state and out-of-state offerings on draft.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just buy local. That solves all the problems at once.

I don't care how big the breweries get, but as long as they stay owned in Cincinnati and Louisville and their quality keeps up, I'm going to keep buying Rheingeist and Against the Grain and other such brands as my primary brews.

Absolutely and me too.

I found it interesting that their goal was to buy 4 of them a month.

Absolutely and me too.

I found it interesting that their goal was to buy 4 of them a month.

Yeah that's an insane pace and goes to show how concerned they are.

The craft market only has so many buyers to convert and so I don't know how long it can keep growing like it has.

The real winner at least for the short term is the consumer, with so many choices of good beers. However, I often times find that I will overlook some of my favorite beers and try something new instead. And there is also the issue with finding a beer you really like but it is either not readily available locally, a seasonal limited release, or even worse a one off production by the brewery. Still a much better situation than when most stores only had Bud, Miller, Coors, and PBR.

100% agree that we are the real winners. I almost always look for something new when out and about. Will do the same with random stops at Party Source, Jungle Jim's, Party Town, Cappy's and etc. to get singles or bombers. However, if I am actually buying a six pack of something, there are really only two beers I buy a whole six pack of anymore:

Rhinegeist Truth

Madtree Rubus Cacoa (just released again. Going to load up this year)

100% agree that we are the real winners. I almost always look for something new when out and about. Will do the same with random stops at Party Source, Jungle Jim's, Party Town, Cappy's and etc. to get singles or bombers. However, if I am actually buying a six pack of something, there are really only two beers I buy a whole six pack of anymore:

Rhinegeist Truth

Madtree Rubus Cacoa (just released again. Going to load up this year)

I rarely buy a six pack any more. Always do the build your own or the bomber route.

Just curious - I am not a craft beer guy, and honestly don't think I ever will be. However, I work with a guy who is really into them. Travels to events, belongs to Facebook groups who discuss, sell and auction off ones they have etc. I have been with him where he buys a four pack for $12 , and by the time we get back from lunch he has sold two bottles for $25 each. I know he also often pays upwards of $50.00 for one, but recently he sold some of his collection, to buy one bottle - $500.00. Ain't know way no matter how good the beer was to me, that I would pay Five hundred bucks for one bottle. How much have/would you pay for a bottle or bomber of one of these hard to find crafts?

Ain't know way no matter how good the beer was to me, that I would pay Five hundred bucks for one bottle. How much have/would you pay for a bottle or bomber of one of these hard to find crafts?

The most that I've paid for a bomber (22 ounces) is $18. It's very rare that I have done that. Typically in the $10-12 range for a 22 ounce Bomber is where I stay.

Just curious - I am not a craft beer guy, and honestly don't think I ever will be. However, I work with a guy who is really into them. Travels to events, belongs to Facebook groups who discuss, sell and auction off ones they have etc. I have been with him where he buys a four pack for $12 , and by the time we get back from lunch he has sold two bottles for $25 each. I know he also often pays upwards of $50.00 for one, but recently he sold some of his collection, to buy one bottle - $500.00. Ain't know way no matter how good the beer was to me, that I would pay Five hundred bucks for one bottle. How much have/would you pay for a bottle or bomber of one of these hard to find crafts?

I just want something I don't get from Budweiser and the like. Just want it to taste more like beer.

I don't need it to sexually arouse me.

Can't imagine paying exorbitant prices for it in the way some people do with whiskey or wine. I don't go after those either.

I'll pay $10-$12 for a four pack on occasion, but that's extremely rare. The way I see it, that's as much as I'll pay for a Miller Lite if I was at a bar, so it's not an obscene amount of money.

I've never purchased any beer other than via a retail store. The most I have paid for a single 12 oz beer is about $6.00 and I've paid about $15.00 for a six pack at the most I think. I be really curious to know what beer your co-worker felt was worth $500.00.

I would never spend that kind of money on a beer, although I know there are those that will. While not beer, my cousin claims to have purchased about $20k in bourbon in a single year. He is in sales for a drug company and would hit up all the liquor stores in his territory any purchase any of the sought after bottles he could find. Says he could typically buy 3 bottles of something and sell one bottle for enough to cover the cost of the other two. He'd drink one and save one. I don't really get it, but there is a market for it. People have been know to pay $150.00 for an empty bottle of Pappy.

That mindset is starting to spread to beer as well now I guess. I saw a link to a craigslist add where a guy was trying to sell empty cans of Heady Topper, 4 for like $20.00. Somebody will probably buy them, but it won't be me.