Offense wins championships?

kypride

So far the higher scoring offense is 1-0 this weekend. Here's how the teams match up coming into this weekend on points scored.

1A

Pikeville 666

Beechwood 652

2A

Mayfield 515

NCC 360

3A

Belfry 572

Lex Cath 473

4A

South Warren 518

Johnson Central 459

5A

Bowling Green 553

Pulaski 663

6A

Male 637

Lafayette 536

Between the two threads, looks to me like 5A is the only spot with any doubt. Mayfield, Belfry, South Warren, and Male both have held opponents to less and scored more than their counterpart in the finals.

Dang it that leaves 1 game to answer the age old question. Not a big enough sample size. I already know the answer though. :sssh:

Between the two threads, looks to me like 5A is the only spot with any doubt. Mayfield, Belfry, South Warren, and Male both have held opponents to less and scored more than their counterpart in the finals.

Dragonfire: I know BG had a meltdown against St. X for 1 and a half quarters and I know they could possibly have another one Saturday night. I know Hall is good but do you think they can put up 35+ points against the Purples? Especially in a game where all players involved should be at or near their best.

I cant see Pulaski being able to stop the speed of our offense. I think BG scores at least 35. Am I drinking too much Purple Kool-aide? I think you are like me thinking that BG is 10 games or so into another great possible run of wins.

What is D'fire's thoughts of the game (Jesus is coming soon if a Purple is asking a Dragon for his thoughts!)

Not sure that it's a real factor as of yet. Have we looked at points given up over a season...bet that's a better indicator. The difference in the 2 offenses in the first game over 14 games is a 1 point average...doesn't really indicate the spread of the championship game. Lets look at PA per game instead. Just my thoughts.

Dragonfire: I know BG had a meltdown against St. X for 1 and a half quarters and I know they could possibly have another one Saturday night. I know Hall is good but do you think they can put up 35+ points against the Purples? Especially in a game where all players involved should be at or near their best.

I cant see Pulaski being able to stop the speed of our offense. I think BG scores at least 35. Am I drinking too much Purple Kool-aide? I think you are like me thinking that BG is 10 games or so into another great possible run of wins.

What is D'fire's thoughts of the game (Jesus is coming soon if a Purple is asking a Dragon for his thoughts!)

Given that they haven't allowed more than 21 in a game other than X, I'd say it is unlikely they'd give up 35. That said, I think it's entirely likely that this is the best offense they have faced since then, so you never know. I mentioned it in the game thread but I'm really looking forward to Hall vs the Bowling Green secondary. Hall has thrown three INTs all year long while Bowling Green has picked off 25. It's strength on strength. Where the game will turn on Pulaski is that Bowling Green's strength on offense easily dwarfs Pulaski's defensive prowess. I think there are far too many offensive weapons for Bowling Green, and I expect the Purples to score at least 28. I think my prediction is 28-13 or 35-13. Running up to the end of the regular season I felt stronger about Pulaski's chances, but Bourbon County was a hit to that (yes I know Hall didn't play but what of the defense?) and then North Laurel and Highlands KO'd it for me.

In the 1 pivotal game the better scoring defense won. 1-0 isn't a sample size that is meaningful though. If you talk to the winning coaches this week they will tell you neither saying is true. You have to have all 3 phases of the game to win the ring probably have to be great at 2 of them.