Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UCLA 87 Kentucky 77

Featured Replies

If you ever want to find out, when you're talking to a group of UK fans, that is, about how much they really know and care about basketball, then ask them what they think about Steve Alford's career.

 

If that fan recognizes that Steve was a great college player, and that's it, that fan is winner of the day.

 

If that fan immediately spouts something such as, "He's terrible," then that fan is an obvious UK-only fan, which means they don't really care about basketball. That means they have stupid anti-IU venom and they really don't much care about anything but one-upmanship.

 

If they acknowledge his playing days in high regard while panning his coaching performance, then they have some serious sense.

 

I hate IU with a passion, more so than any other basketball team (living up there for a decade did it for me) but Alford was a Straight Up Killer in College...anybody that says otherwise needs to be barred from the College Basketball Forum :lol2:

 

I remember Pacer fans losing their minds when he wasn't drafted...took Reggie I think, that seemed to work out well for the Pacers and the fans forgave them.

 

His Hotel still Sucks though!

  • Replies 119
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eerrybody who ever thought Trajan Langdon was good or great should understand where he learned eerrything. Nobody was better at moving without the ball.

This team still had the ingredients to make a march run. Skal has been very disappointing, he is soft. If he could put on 20 pounds he'd be a beast. But unfortunately no time for that to happen. All he can control is his effort, and it's not there right now.

That dunk by Prince Ali was one of the best dunks I've watched live in several years. Not convinced it was a foul, but it was an incredible dunk. I'm a Kentucky fan and jumped up out of my seat.

Loss can bring a lot of positives from it though. Like was said before they lost by 4 possessions on UCLA playing their best game while UK pooped the bed. Come March this team will have it down, guard play takes over then.

Can this week get any worse for me? First Patriots (L30-24), then OKC (L106-100), then CCH (L67-54), then OKC again (L97-95), then this. All good teams too. *sniff*

 

So what you're saying is we should somehow blame you for this.

Would Skal even be drafted at this point? I'm sure he would but how high?

UCLA shot lights,out, UK stunk and lost by four possessions. Disappointed some didn't step up to lead this team.

 

UK stunk because of UCLA... Don't discredit how the Bruins played last night.

Would Skal even be drafted at this point? I'm sure he would but how high?

 

I don't think NBA teams will be running over one another to get to him. He'll get drafted for his potential and spend a year or two in the D League before moving on up. Unless he makes some kind of huge transformation in size and strength before the season is finished his draft stock is going to fall big time. Just my thoughts. Hopefully I'm wrong. He's going to be fine somewhere in the future but he's just too young ,inexperienced, and weak at this time.

Another thought---if for some reason did decide to come back for another year, I'm not sure he would even start or play as much as he will this year with all incoming talent UK has on board.

Everyone should have known there will be ups and downs for UK with all the freshmen. Sometimes a loss is a great teacher. I doubt that UK's coaching staff is panicking. It's a long season. Also, I question whether Ulis was near 100%.

Haven't read the thread yet but will. The word I kept repeating to myself while watching that game last night:

 

Exposed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.