Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UCLA 87 Kentucky 77

Featured Replies

  • Replies 119
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monmouth > UCLA > Kentucky > 76ers

You just set yourself up for this one.

 

Monmouth > UCLA > Kentucky > 76ers w/Okafor > Duke > 76ers without Okafor

You just set yourself up for this one.

 

Monmouth > UCLA > Kentucky > 76ers w/Okafor > Duke > 76ers without Okafor

 

In this situation is Okafor cloned? Because I would be okay with this...

39-1 > 38-1

 

It is go time.

That dunk by Prince Ali was one of the best dunks I've watched live in several years. Not convinced it was a foul, but it was an incredible dunk. I'm a Kentucky fan and jumped up out of my seat.

 

 

In this age of political correctness, I deem this clip to be racist.

Poythress & Skal are so soft. Poy looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. That dude is costing himself millions of $'s.

 

See I don't think Poythress is soft. It looks like he plays hard and plays physical to me, he just doesn't know how to finish over top of guys taller than him. For someone who does play inside a lot, he really doesn't have any post moves at all. Which I know in the NBA he wouldn't be a post player, but in college that would be his best bet to have the most success IMO to develop some post moves.

See I don't think Poythress is soft. It looks like he plays hard and plays physical to me, he just doesn't know how to finish over top of guys taller than him. For someone who does play inside a lot, he really doesn't have any post moves at all. Which I know in the NBA he wouldn't be a post player, but in college that would be his best bet to have the most success IMO to develop some post moves.
That is how I see it as well.
Wow is all I can say about UCLA last night! Anybody got stats? They just couldn't miss from anywhere on the floor!

 

Looked it up for us.

 

UCLA:

52.8% from the field

45.5% from 3

76.5% from FT

 

UK:

37.9% from the field

32% from 3

76% from FT

 

UCLA actually had 2 more TOs.

We started watching with about 10 minutes left in the 1st half. When I first saw Welsh hit one of those 15 footers, I thought, "Uh-oh." For some reason, that shot is not defended well and for some reason the Cats can't seem to shoot that shot, either.

We started watching with about 10 minutes left in the 1st half. When I first saw Welsh hit one of those 15 footers, I thought, "Uh-oh." For some reason, that shot is not defended well and for some reason the Cats can't seem to shoot that shot, either.

 

Last year UK had a guy who was money on that mid range shot, this year we have no one who can shoot that mid range shot. Shoot we really don't have many who can shoot the three. When teams take away the lane like UCLA did last night, and have strong big guys inside, its going to be tough. Especially early in the year while UK is still learning things.

We started watching with about 10 minutes left in the 1st half. When I first saw Welsh hit one of those 15 footers, I thought, "Uh-oh." For some reason, that shot is not defended well and for some reason the Cats can't seem to shoot that shot, either.

 

That shot isn't defended well because hardly any kid can make it at the top level schools.

Skal got bullied tonight. Not the same big man UK is used to having.

 

I disagree. Cal recruits great rim protectors, but the past few seasons they have been awful at rebounding considering their length and athleticism. Last year's team was a horrible rebounding group. If CAT didn't grab it, it was a crap shoot.

I disagree. Cal recruits great rim protectors, but the past few seasons they have been awful at rebounding considering their length and athleticism. Last year's team was a horrible rebounding group. If CAT didn't grab it, it was a crap shoot.

 

It's cause UK's defense always puts such a focus on shot blocking. How many times do we see two Cats fly to try and block a shot leaving no one to get the rebound when they both miss. Live by it and die by it sometimes. Guards need to rebound more in those situations.

If Mulder doesn't play last night, does he really get much time at all this year?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.