Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UCLA 87 Kentucky 77

Featured Replies

Everyone should have known there will be ups and downs for UK with all the freshmen. Sometimes a loss is a great teacher. I doubt that UK's coaching staff is panicking. It's a long season. Also, I question whether Ulis was near 100%.

 

Lee played only 4 minutes hurt the cause, too.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poythress has only played 8 basketball games in almost a calendar year. His effort has been awesome, his skills are still rusty.
Alex seems like a great kid and is a fine athlete, his limited skill set really hurts him.

Alex will not play in the NBA. He has limited skills. No GM will waste a pick on him. And that would have still been the case even without last year's injury.

I don't pay attention to what the stats say. I pay attention to the fact that they only outrebound a small Notre Dame team by 3 and Wisconsin outrebounded them by 8 in crucial games. W/ that size, athleticism, and depth, they needed to outrebound everyone in those crucial games.

 

You also do realize that both Notre Dame and Wisconsin spread the whole floor out and were driving the lane and shooting a lot of three's. So that also means a lot of long rebound opportunities.

 

Now I don't disagree they needed to find a way to rebound better in those games. However to say last years team was just horrible at rebounding is simply wrong. But hey who cares about facts, when someone has an opinion.

Last year UK was a good offensive rebounding team. Defensive rebounding they struggled. That is at play early this season.

 

I can agree with this though.

As I cite to stats...:ohbrother:

 

I was contemplating how to point that out without sounding like a total jerk haha!

Poythress has only played 8 basketball games in almost a calendar year. His effort has been awesome, his skills are still rusty.

 

Sorry, but his skills just aren't that good. That's the problem.

I haven't tuned in since the Duke game. Is he not performing defensively either? I think we all realized he wasn't much of an offensive threat after his freshman campaign, but I just assumed he would be an asset on the other end of the court, a la MKG.

I haven't tuned in since the Duke game. Is he not performing defensively either? I think we all realized he wasn't much of an offensive threat after his freshman campaign, but I just assumed he would be an asset on the other end of the court, a la MKG.

 

Crazy thing is that he shot over 40% from 3 his freshman year. But a lot of people wouldn't guess that.

Crazy thing is that he shot over 40% from 3 his freshman year. But a lot of people wouldn't guess that.

 

I certainly would not have. I just saw his size and athleticism and thought he could dominate games on both 'fenses and it never came to fruition. I'd still rather have him in Kentucky Blue than any other shade. I guess we've just been spoiled with talent since Cal got here and expect most recruits to end up as a top 10 pick.

Crazy thing is that he shot over 40% from 3 his freshman year. But a lot of people wouldn't guess that.

 

I certainly would not have. I just saw his size and athleticism and thought he could dominate games on both 'fenses and it never came to fruition. I'd still rather have him in Kentucky Blue than any other shade. I guess we've just been spoiled with talent since Cal got here and expect most recruits to end up as a top 10 pick.

He was 14 of 33 so not really a good enough sample. 1 per game.

 

8 of 45 since. Good for 17%.

He was 14 of 33 so not really a good enough sample. 1 per game.

 

8 of 45 since. Good for 17%.

 

Don't ruin my statistic!

Yep. They will get better just like Duke will.

 

And that's my point. Kind of glad there will be hiccups along the way to March. Learn more from mistakes.

He was 14 of 33 so not really a good enough sample. 1 per game.

 

8 of 45 since. Good for 17%.

 

That must be why most people wouldn't guess...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.