Paintsville 50 Raceland 7

oldrambler

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K., almost anyone and everyone that knows me, they know that I almost never blast a team or player on here. I am also pretty sure that everyone knows my love of Raceland Football, the school and all sports / activities at RWHS...... Having said that then here it goes ---

No doubt that Paintsville is very, very good and was a better football team than Raceland, that's obvious but an extremely good friend of mine, one that tells it just like it is had called and told me some Extremely Disappointing things about some of the Rams players. They are h.s. kids and I Won't call them by name so let's just say that the main problem with the Rams is A Lousy Attitude, NO Leadership.

I have always called it like it is and I usually don't put a lot into what a parent or close relative of a player says bc they a lot of times are too emotionally connected, especially about their son. This man however, no longer has any kids on the team and all have been out of school for years, he is an alum and bleeds orange and black as I do. There are different coaches since his kids were Rams so it's not an "ax to grind" type thing. So for a few players that lets just say ..."Like to Dance"when you're down 3-4 td's instead of paying attention to the game - then maybe you should go join the dance team or take up ballet cupcake, you're in the wrong place......

Raceland has a proud tradition down here of playing hard no matter the score / situation and taking pride in that. That Rams uniform Means Something and that Did Not Happen last night in Paintsville, especially with a few and that trickles down.

I do hope that this team hasn't given up bc you have a "pride / family vs. family" rivalry game next week vs. a Very Tough Russell team ..... Not to mention the playoffs coming up in a couple of weeks along with the chance to redeem some bad play, losses and renew that Ram Pride. I am now, always have been and always will be a Raceland Rams Fan / nothing will change that so this I certainly not a fair weather fan type scenario. Anyone that knows me knows that.

What I am saying to the Raceland Players is simply this .... NO ONE Can change things, attitude but Yourselves - this team. SO -- Let's see who has the Guts to Step it Up and you do that by actions, not whining, complaining or pointing fingers at another guy.

GO RAMS ...

I agree. For a team with 15 seniors, there is absolutely no leadership.

I wouldn't call Raceland a bad team and I wouldn't call them a great team. They're an average team that could be made into something IF they want it. I consider a bad team to be 1-9 2-8 ect.

I agree up to a point OC13, This particular Rams team is not "bsd" but a 5-6 win team At Raceland isn't good, just due to expectations. This particular team seems to have a BAD attitude problem. I m not over there or see them every day at practice or at school but there seems to be a sense of entitlement, with which individuals I am not sure but a problem I have seen in the past with teams like what Raceland is going through is what is known as "Senioritis" ... or when you have a group of upperclassmen who thinks they are hot :poop: on a stick but they show by their attitudes / actions that they are a cold fart on a toothpick.

Before people start jumping on me, I will remind that I said that I'm not certain and besides that I will put my dedication to Raceland, being a Ram fan up with anyone's. That's not saying that others aren't great fans bc that's one thing that Raceland has over a lot of places .... a dedicated fan base that are Not fair weather.

I also speak my mind.

Well that's odd, seems to be several people saying the same things the two comet fans have been saying all season.....with more than just 2 comet fans posting(as was said last week) this thread might shut down the website.
:idunno: ... Dang it sure sounds like two Westwood team people rather than Comets. :lol2: ....just sayin'.

Guys relax just need to understand Raceland isn't very good this season. Paintsville has a very solid team but single A is weak and no way this paintsville team better than several previous 1a powers in the state. I know Raceland has a good program but in all reality what have you truly done? Can't believe all you diehard ram fans at least won't admit it's been a disappointing year by the players and coaches. Good luck rest of the season.

And this coming from a team in Westwood poster ?? :popcorn: :lol2: I can tell there aren't any mirrors at your house. Of course, I know very few "die hard" Eagle fans, maybe they don't really understand.

And this coming from a team in Westwood poster ?? :popcorn: :lol2: I can tell there aren't any mirrors at your house. Of course, I know very few "die hard" Eagle fans, maybe they don't really understand.

Number one I'm not a huge fairview fan and number two this isn't about that. It's about your orange seeing glasses and noticing that your program isn't as solid as you and other believe. Seriously what have you done at Raceland to make it special? That's a serious question and any answers would be appreciated.

O.K., almost anyone and everyone that knows me, they know that I almost never blast a team or player on here. I am also pretty sure that everyone knows my love of Raceland Football, the school and all sports / activities at RWHS...... Having said that then here it goes ---

No doubt that Paintsville is very, very good and was a better football team than Raceland, that's obvious but an extremely good friend of mine, one that tells it just like it is had called and told me some Extremely Disappointing things about some of the Rams players. They are h.s. kids and I Won't call them by name so let's just say that the main problem with the Rams is A Lousy Attitude, NO Leadership.

I have always called it like it is and I usually don't put a lot into what a parent or close relative of a player says bc they a lot of times are too emotionally connected, especially about their son. This man however, no longer has any kids on the team and all have been out of school for years, he is an alum and bleeds orange and black as I do. There are different coaches since his kids were Rams so it's not an "ax to grind" type thing. So for a few players that lets just say ..."Like to Dance"when you're down 3-4 td's instead of paying attention to the game - then maybe you should go join the dance team or take up ballet cupcake, you're in the wrong place......

Raceland has a proud tradition down here of playing hard no matter the score / situation and taking pride in that. That Rams uniform Means Something and that Did Not Happen last night in Paintsville, especially with a few and that trickles down.

I do hope that this team hasn't given up bc you have a "pride / family vs. family" rivalry game next week vs. a Very Tough Russell team ..... Not to mention the playoffs coming up in a couple of weeks along with the chance to redeem some bad play, losses and renew that Ram Pride. I am now, always have been and always will be a Raceland Rams Fan / nothing will change that so this I certainly not a fair weather fan type scenario. Anyone that knows me knows that.

What I am saying to the Raceland Players is simply this .... NO ONE Can change things, attitude but Yourselves - this team. SO -- Let's see who has the Guts to Step it Up and you do that by actions, not whining, complaining or pointing fingers at another guy.

GO RAMS ...

I hope the Rams can come back a play a very good game against Russell. Russell and Raceland both need to have a good hard fought game getting ready for the playoffs.

Number one I'm not a huge fairview fan and number two this isn't about that. It's about your orange seeing glasses and noticing that your program isn't as solid as you and other believe. Seriously what have you done at Raceland to make it special? That's a serious question and any answers would be appreciated.

They have continued to make progress. That is what makes it so special. We have done things in the last two seasons that has never been done before. It is by no means the best program in KY, but it is one of the best in NEKY. Considering your statement as not a "huge Fairview fan", what has Fairview done?

500 wins 18 or 20 district championships Two Regional championships. Wins over teams who are 3 or 4 times our size (Ashland, Greenup, Russell.) 5 straight wins over Russell . Something like 2 three peats over Ashland before. It's just a special place and you wouldn't understand what us Orange seeing Glasses Ram fans see. Maybe you should get you a pair of them.

500 wins 18 or 20 district championships Two Regional championships. Wins over teams who are 3 or 4 times our size (Ashland, Greenup, Russell.) 5 straight wins over Russell . Something like 2 three peats over Ashland before. It's just a special place and you wouldn't understand what us Orange seeing Glasses Ram fans see. Maybe you should get you a pair of them.

I would agree.. Raceland is just the best team around here year end and year out. They are very special in eastern Kentucky.

Bud you are grasping at straws at this point. If Fairview had accomplished what they accomplished AND it all held up in the books, not done it the way they did, you'd have an argument. I really feel sorry for the Alex Roys, Devon Tuners, Chris Brewers, and Bradley Jones type kids at Fairview. Hard working, tough nosed kids, get their accomplishments tarnished and tainted over the choices of the adults who lead them.

Fact of the matter is, each and every Raceland poster on here has done nothing but state that this team has went way down hill, underachieved, shown a consistent lack of leadership, and wishy washy effort all season. I guess in order to truly say that you are unhappy with your teams results in a season is to go creep on threads and completely lose all interest in posting about the team you support. But thats just one Orange Glasses, Orange Kool-Aide Drinking, Orange Bleeding Ram Fan's opinion. Carry on...