4A #2 South Warren vs. Warren Central

South Warren vs. Warren Central  

19 members have voted

1. 1. South Warren vs. Warren Central

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South in a big way. Central has the skilled players but nothing to go with them. I can see Central possibly scoring on South but in the end it could be like 42-7. Central is a program on the brink of total disaster. If re- districting doesn't come through for them. They possibly could not have a football team in the very near future. Sad for BG and for our local high school sports

I know this is for another thread but beings that Central split wth Greenwood years ago. Then split with South a few years ago . With Central being basically a city school . Why don't we hear about splitting BG and Central . I know that answer. Your thoughts

The answer is because BG is an independent district that Centrals board has no power over?

You Central apologist can spin your recent lack of success anyway you choose but here are the facts. When South Warren opened in the fall of 2010, roughly 600 students came from Greenwood while only about 150 came from Central. So the school that should have been effected most by the split is Greenwood and yet you hear very few complaints/excuses from them.

Perhaps Central's problem stem from constant coaching turnover, perhaps from the same turnover in the building leadership did not help or perhaps it comes from the enabling behavior of perpetual excuse making for your short comings.

Whatever the reason, I look forward to hearing the next one even after your $13 million athletic improvements and the pending re-districting.

You Central apologist can spin your recent lack of success anyway you choose but here are the facts. When South Warren opened in the fall of 2010, roughly 600 students came from Greenwood while only about 150 came from Central. So the school that should have been effected most by the split is Greenwood and yet you hear very few complaints/excuses from them.

Perhaps Central's problem stem from constant coaching turnover, perhaps from the same turnover in the building leadership did not help or perhaps it comes from the enabling behavior of perpetual excuse making for your short comings.

Whatever the reason, I look forward to hearing the next one even after your $13 million athletic improvements and the pending re-districting.

(It had been my intention to ignore this topic in this thread since it has come up so often lately, but oh well I guess....)

On the bolded, perhaps you weren't listening closely when South was allowed to pillage them of almost every single head coach they had after the split, or the loss of their top basketball players that initial year, etc. That you no longer hear them vocally means the fact that they're still the largest school in the area has assuaged some fears or they simply have decided not to complain. I'm sure it sits real well with them that virtually every sports program they have was surpassed almost immediately by South Warren.

I'm fairly certain I've mentioned in several of the threads where the topic came up that Warren Central has hurt themselves as well with decision making. The fast turnover in the football staff has been a huge factor, but how would you then explain Moss? They had the same head coach for years until I believe he left the same year Rogers did. I think their administration has actually been relatively stable of late as well. Hasn't stopped their football program from being on the brink of extinction, and all of that began during years where Warren Central was good on a statewide scale (2010-2012).

Central has to get a lot in order on their own, on this we agree. (Though, I will note that the high turnover you see in some sports is the type you see when programs enter a death spiral. It is very hard to retain quality coaches in the face of almost overwhelming odds. See the softball team.) However, your implication that South Warren and the redistricting and transfers are merely an excuse is laughable. It should speak volumes to you that many Bowling Green supporters often decry what has been done with regards to Warren Central.