4A #2 South Warren vs. Warren Central

South Warren vs. Warren Central  

19 members have voted

1. 1. South Warren vs. Warren Central

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon Fire BG sides with you so you don't see the obvious that BG has all your athletes if not yours the rest of the counties and yall just give BG a pass and blame everyone else .Open your eyes and walk down BGs halls and you will find your athletes .

Again, I don't have a pulse on the Bowling Green area at all, but how many out of district athletes does BG's sports program have? I've heard a lot about this, but again, I have no pulse on what's going on down there. Wasn't it the case that there was going to be a court hearing over the amount of out of district kids BG independent was getting? I do realize that if your kid is a stud athlete, BG's sports programs do have great coaches/facilities and win at a high level. Not saying I'm faulting anyone, just wanting to know what's up!

As for this game, I'm rooting for WC. It's hard for me to see this once proud program fall like this. I think WKY football is so much better when WC has a solid football team. I've played against the Dragons back in the mid-90's and always respected them. As for South Warren, they are a fast rising program, which you have to tip your hat to. I still can't considering them a powerhouse until they beat a powerhouse themselves. The Spartans are also getting the benefit of playing at a level that's much below their enrollment numbers for the past 5 years now. I did catch some hudl film of SW, and they do have a nice looking team. Decent size, nice athletes, and solid execution are the things that stood out to me about SW.

South Warren 35

Warren Central 14

Dragon Fire BG sides with you so you don't see the obvious that BG has all your athletes if not yours the rest of the counties and yall just give BG a pass and blame everyone else .Open your eyes and walk down BGs halls and you will find your athletes .

Two of Warren Central's best players on this year's team are out of district players from Bowling Green. I think Central receives more nonresident students from Bowling Green than they do any of the county schools and I'd wager they bleed less to Bowling Green than they do to South Warren. Warren Central and Bowling Green have coexisted for over 40 years and they never kept Central from being competitive and certainly not on the scale we see now. Do you really believe that all of a sudden happened and it just happened to coincide with South Warren opening?

Let me be clear again - South is not the only factor at play, but it is not the nonfactor you all are trying to portray. Also, I have been quite supportive of the school and you'll see threads where I have come to your defense. I am not a hater, I am simply telling you what is. And what is, is that South Warren had a tremendously negative effect on Warren Central. The numbers show it, the trends show it. It is reality. We can disagree on the degree, but to claim that it is not is a nonfactor is disingenuous.

Yeah that's it. Glad you have such a strong grasp on why WE support him. We support him because of the great rivalry history between our program and theirs. We support him because every Purple had one game they ALWAYS knew the date of. That game is no longer relevant as it once was. That game has been somewhat tarnished in the very very recent years. What good sir is the x factor in this? BG just all of a sudden getting their atheletes? Right........ Go practice basket weaving.

Two of Warren Central's best players on this year's team are out of district players from Bowling Green. I think Central receives more nonresident students from Bowling Green than they do any of the county schools and I'd wager they bleed less to Bowling Green than they do to South Warren. Warren Central and Bowling Green have coexisted for over 40 years and they never kept Central from being competitive and certainly not on the scale we see now. Do you really believe that all of a sudden happened and it just happened to coincide with South Warren opening?

Let me be clear again - South is not the only factor at play, but it is not the nonfactor you all are trying to portray. Also, I have been quite supportive of the school and you'll see threads where I have come to your defense. I am not a hater, I am simply telling you what is. And what is, is that South Warren had a tremendously negative effect on Warren Central. The numbers show it, the trends show it. It is reality. We can disagree on the degree, but to claim that it is not is a nonfactor is disingenuous.

My feelings exactly there are more than re districting at work here but everyone always wants to blame SW existence .Growth happens it is something that was needed to be done .All I'm saying is that there are a lot more county athletes in BG than at SW and you may be right about more WC athletes at SW than BG but at the end of the day a school had to be built and the students had to come from somewhere. Dragon fire I am not saying that SW wasn't the cause of the demise of WC it is not the only is all I'm saying.and yes Dragonfire I appriciate how you have supported SW .

Say what you will and blame what ever school you want. Bottom line is, the schools aren't to blame. This is like beating a dead horse. Kids in BG and Warren county will go to school where ever they want. You take small schools like Monroe. They have to coach and survive on what they have. They do not have the luxury of 4 other schools to potently get athletes from. Until someone finally steps up and enforces the rules, this will continue to happen. I can not and will not support the hype of how good SW is or can be. Level the playing field, then lets see where they stand.

They might as well put an * beside everything they accomplish.....Its worthless!

Say what you will and blame what ever school you want. Bottom line is, the schools aren't to blame. This is like beating a dead horse. Kids in BG and Warren county will go to school where ever they want. You take small schools like Monroe. They have to coach and survive on what they have. They do not have the luxury of 4 other schools to potently get athletes from. Until someone finally steps up and enforces the rules, this will continue to happen. I can not and will not support the hype of how good SW is or can be. Level the playing field, then lets see where they stand.

They might as well put an * beside everything they accomplish.....Its worthless!

So, every school that isn't a 1 school county district gets an asterisk? That's a lot of asterisks. Maybe you can start a league of 1 school county districts and have a trophy and stuff.

Let's not forget that when SW opened . They were being beat down by everybody . Even with the "so called WC kids" . Nobody said a word until SW developed their program and began winning! Is SW suppose to yell " FOUL " when the lines get re-drawn and they lose their kids to WC. You act like SW has committed a violation or something. I promise you they are playing the hand delt to them by KHSAA. Don't hate on good teams. You sound like a parent to a child on a team. That SW has been routing the last couple of years! Just saying

I

do you need some chees with that wine *