Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sleeper Picks

Featured Replies

5'9 guard.

 

Wow. That should make things interesting in Liberty. One of their top 2 to 3 players is a local boy that is a 5'9" PG (Miller). I can't imagine that they'd not start him. So, their backcourt will go 5'9" & 5'9"?? That would force their current best player and leading scorer (Smith), who is a 2 guard, to play the 3 - which would create another problem for them on the defensive end.

 

Like I said, it should be interesting!

  • Replies 89
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of a Casey Co Runnin Rebs small ball team, with the option of a big lineup as well. I hear that Jr Reyes has good court vision, and is a pass first type of guard. I also think Jake Smith at the 3 will be a tough matchup for teams, along with DJ White at 4. Guess my point is that Stallworth has options now, and doesn't have to be stuck playing a big lineup against Southwest, or a small lineup against Mercer/Wayne.

10th Region : Scott

 

Does anyone in the state, let alone 10th region have a harder regular season schedule than Scott this year?

One of the reasons Brad is one of the best, he doesn't care about wins and losses, just winning at the right time, and making them into fine young men.. Scott will be dangerous come tourney time

My 10th Region sleeper is the Bracken County Polar Bears. Just got 2x 10th region COY and future HOF Coach Jason Hinson. Has the #1player in the Region and 2 of the top 10. Is 9-10 deep with experience. Has size with 5 players bigger than 6'3". "Rupp, Rupp, Rupp, Arena" 2016.

S

My 10th Region sleeper is the Bracken County Polar Bears. Just got 2x 10th region COY and future HOF Coach Jason Hinson. Has the #1player in the Region and 2 of the top 10. Is 9-10 deep with experience. Has size with 5 players bigger than 6'3". "Rupp, Rupp, Rupp, Arena" 2016.

 

 

While I appreciate your enthusiasm for our program there will be a huge learning curve for my polar bears. I expect them to do great things this year and be in the All A talk. Who knows come March. I would be happy with a district championship and a trip to region. You are correct we have one of the best coaches in the region but the boys are still learning a new system and he is learning the make up of his new team. I've talked to coach numerous times over the summer and here recently and we have a tough schedule this year. We may even go 0 for December. I doubt it but with all the changes its possible. But again thanks for the vote of confidence and we appreciate your continued support of the bracken county program.

I'm throwing Walton-Verona into the sleeper pick category in the 8th . Not in winning the region, but a good solid team who will be improved and playing a nice schedule. Should have good size with Brook (6-7ish) who evidentially is getting D1 interest, Z.Clinkenbeard (6-4ish), M.Clinkenbeard, Kinmon, Sullivan, Anderson. I'm sure I'm missing a few. Lay going back to WV from CovCath where he was one of the better freshman in the 9th last year will help. Coach Brannen should put together a nice season.

I'm throwing Walton-Verona into the sleeper pick category in the 8th . Not in winning the region, but a good solid team who will be improved and playing a nice schedule. Should have good size with Brook (6-7ish) who evidentially is getting D1 interest, Z.Clinkenbeard (6-4ish), M.Clinkenbeard, Kinmon, Sullivan, Anderson. I'm sure I'm missing a few. Lay going back to WV from CovCath where he was one of the better freshman in the 9th last year will help. Coach Brannen should put together a nice season.

 

I love Z Clinkenbeard's game. He is deadly with his left hand and right hand jump hook in the lane. Being 6'4" he can get that shot off over many bigs. Real good at keeping his body between the ball and the defender. He can stroke it from 3 as well.

It's said every year, but Newport just might surprise some people in the 9th region... especially if their recent transfer is eligible to play this season....

It's said every year, but Newport just might surprise some people in the 9th region... especially if their recent transfer is eligible to play this season....

Given current NoKY rumors, I reckon this to be a pretty big "if." Then again, I could have the wrong player in mind so I'll just let Walter handle it.

Paris wins the region this year. Team full of athletes w experience. I love their chances

In the 10th, I would say MoCo, Paris or Augusta.. If Cam Snapp returns as strong as he was, then they're no doubt my dark horse pick.

Does anyone in the state, let alone 10th region have a harder regular season schedule than Scott this year?

 

 

Other than Cov Cath, Holmes, Mason, Scott COunty (maybe) who is any good on their schedule. Id have to whole heartedly disagree and say that there are some team in this state that would love to have that schedule.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.