Sleeper Picks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I think CovCath is a prohibitive favorite in the 9th this year, I'm going to label Cooper my sleeper (in spite of the fact that I'd have them at pre-season #2 in the region). A great player, a very solid supporting cast, and a coach that I'm a HUGE fan of. You will get their a-game virtually every time the stripe tosses the ball up.

Other than Cov Cath, Holmes, Mason, Scott COunty (maybe) who is any good on their schedule. Id have to whole heartedly disagree and say that there are some team in this state that would love to have that schedule.

Anyone any good in the ninth besides NCC, everyone any good in the tenth (besides Paris), Scott County ( most likely twice) , Simon Kenton, Lawrence County, Woodford County and Louisville Eastern tournaments at Christmas time.

Also was told Silver Grove and Calvary are not playing district teams this year in the regular season, besides each other. There isn't a duck on the Eagles schedule.

^^ Not one bit. I believe they are also. There are a lot of CCH fans on here that downplay that the Colonels are in the midst of a dynasty. I don't see them being anything but the prohibitive favorite for at least the next 3 years.

You stating it gives my opinion some credibility

^^ Not one bit. I believe they are also. There are a lot of CCH fans on here that downplay that the Colonels are in the midst of a dynasty. I don't see them being anything but the prohibitive favorite for at least the next 3 years.

You stating it gives my opinion some credibility

Okay, sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying / implying. My bad, didn't mean to seem like I was coming after you in that post.

Agreed, they are heavy favorites the next couple / few years.

Sleeper has to not be a top 4 or 5 team so with that said my sleeper picks in the 10th would be Mason, Augusta, Bracken, or Pendleton. The 39th will be as competitive as it has been in a long time. Mason may still be the best team but its very close this time around. No one is head and shoulders above the rest. Augusta has alot of experience, Bracken has if not the best one of the best coaches and the #2 player in the region.

Another poster has already mentioned that but I believe they may have meant that with sarcasam implied. Just grinding an ax. But they were correct in their assessment.

Pendleton will be tough again even with the loss of Antrobus. Allen will step up and take the scorers role. That is as long as he stays healthy. I heard he has another broken wrist, maybe someone from PC can confirm that. If so hopefully he's ready come December.

Mason has Pig Williams and a cast of underclassmen that will get their chance to show what they can do.

Scott IMO cant really be classified as a sleeper with them being as high as 3rd in the preseason rankings. Same for Paris.

• 2 weeks later...

8th region is expected to be wide open this year. It could finally be Owen's year to make it to Lexington while Oldham County will be solid as usual. However, South Oldham returns 4 starters, their top 3 scorers and 10 players who saw significant varsity time last year. They struggled last year after back to back Sweet 16 visits, but with the experience and depth, could be another run for Simpson and the Dragons.