Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sleeper Picks

Featured Replies

Scott may be a team that can beat almost anyone and can lose to almost anyone. They will rely heavily on the 3 point shot.

  • Replies 89
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..

 

Since I think CovCath is a prohibitive favorite in the 9th this year, I'm going to label Cooper my sleeper (in spite of the fact that I'd have them at pre-season #2 in the region). A great player, a very solid supporting cast, and a coach that I'm a HUGE fan of. You will get their a-game virtually every time the stripe tosses the ball up.

Other than Cov Cath, Holmes, Mason, Scott COunty (maybe) who is any good on their schedule. Id have to whole heartedly disagree and say that there are some team in this state that would love to have that schedule.

 

Anyone any good in the ninth besides NCC, everyone any good in the tenth (besides Paris), Scott County ( most likely twice) , Simon Kenton, Lawrence County, Woodford County and Louisville Eastern tournaments at Christmas time.

 

Also was told Silver Grove and Calvary are not playing district teams this year in the regular season, besides each other. There isn't a duck on the Eagles schedule.

Casey co may very well have a kid from NYC. I can promise you he was not suppose to go to cordia that is an absolute 100% misrepresentation of the truth or in other words a lie.

^^ Not one bit. I believe they are also. There are a lot of CCH fans on here that downplay that the Colonels are in the midst of a dynasty. I don't see them being anything but the prohibitive favorite for at least the next 3 years.

 

You stating it gives my opinion some credibility

Scott may be a team that can beat almost anyone and can lose to almost anyone. They will rely heavily on the 3 point shot.

 

Will they guard?

^^ Not one bit. I believe they are also. There are a lot of CCH fans on here that downplay that the Colonels are in the midst of a dynasty. I don't see them being anything but the prohibitive favorite for at least the next 3 years.

 

You stating it gives my opinion some credibility

 

Okay, sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying / implying. My bad, didn't mean to seem like I was coming after you in that post.

 

Agreed, they are heavy favorites the next couple / few years.

So, um, I'm sensing that CCH does not qualify as a sleeper.

I could see a young Mason County team led by senior guard Pig Williams as a serious contender in the 10th as the season progresses. Also could definitely see Scott High as a sleeper too, an extremely dangerous team when they shoot the ball well

I think Scott will be too highly ranked in the 10th to be considered a sleeper.

Sleeper has to not be a top 4 or 5 team so with that said my sleeper picks in the 10th would be Mason, Augusta, Bracken, or Pendleton. The 39th will be as competitive as it has been in a long time. Mason may still be the best team but its very close this time around. No one is head and shoulders above the rest. Augusta has alot of experience, Bracken has if not the best one of the best coaches and the #2 player in the region.

 

Another poster has already mentioned that but I believe they may have meant that with sarcasam implied. Just grinding an ax. But they were correct in their assessment.

 

Pendleton will be tough again even with the loss of Antrobus. Allen will step up and take the scorers role. That is as long as he stays healthy. I heard he has another broken wrist, maybe someone from PC can confirm that. If so hopefully he's ready come December.

 

Mason has Pig Williams and a cast of underclassmen that will get their chance to show what they can do.

 

Scott IMO cant really be classified as a sleeper with them being as high as 3rd in the preseason rankings. Same for Paris.

8th region is expected to be wide open this year. It could finally be Owen's year to make it to Lexington while Oldham County will be solid as usual. However, South Oldham returns 4 starters, their top 3 scorers and 10 players who saw significant varsity time last year. They struggled last year after back to back Sweet 16 visits, but with the experience and depth, could be another run for Simpson and the Dragons.

Put Ashland as a sleeper. Biggs gone and football players allowed to suit up and play basketball should add some talent to the Tomcats roster this season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.