Patriots 28 Steelers 21

Patriots executed in the red zone, and the Steelers did not. That was the difference in the game.

Steeler fans have to be frustrated with Haley calling up a gadget play when you are gauging your opponent with conventional offence.

Hard to see the Pats winning more than 10 games with that defence.

Somebody edit the title please. Sticky fingers this am. Thx.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That stadium was silent up until the stupid reverse pass call. Retarded. That defense was on rollerskates.

Some thoughts:

I was impressed with the Steeler offense considering they are without 3 starters. The OL was pretty solid all night in both phases. But when your 3rd option is Darius HeyBey, well you're gonna struggle. D.Williams looked like a star. But I temper that a little because the Pats looked like garbage up front and that will be their undoing once this tape gets chopped up by opponents. I thought the Pats defensive struggles would be in their secondary, I think I was mistaken. I thought Butler did a commendable job on AB. No one has ever been able to keep AB from getting his, but to keep him out of the endzone until garbage time was a big deal.

I think Gronk has no equal. I don't think there's ever been one like him. Ever. I thought Tom was sharp, took advantage of a young, weak, terribly coached secondary and diced them, which also is out there for every other coach to chop up weekly. I've never seen a team struggle to line up. Heck, toss a shift out there and it's a circus. Lined up with 10 players twice. Can someone ask D.Lebeau to come on back?

And as sour grapes as this sounds, why do the Pats have to do the petty things to gain an advantage? The radio communications deal? Come on, this is 2015, that can't happen. Tomlin says it happens every time in Foxboro. Weak.

Scobee? Please tell me that was a freak thing and not the norm. If so, this is gonna be a long season.

Very impressed with the 3 rookies in the interior of the Pats line. Disappointed that the Steelers didn't dial up much pressure from the middle of the formation and challenge them more.

And finally, the Steelers traded for B.Boykin from the Eagles. Easily the most accomplished corner on the roster. He didn't play a snap. Only one of 2 defensive player not to log a snap except on ST. THAT may be the biggest disappointment of all. Dear Lord, if understanding the defense is the issue, it sure appeared that the learning curve was too steep for the rest of them too. In a defense that Keith Butler said "sometimes you have to simply beat the man in front of you", well, we have a guy who stood over there all night who had a better chance than any of the other guys you trotted out there.

Oh, I lied, one very last thing. Mike Mitchell still sucks.

Steelers website makes it clear what they think happened regarding the issue with Steeler coaches' headsets.

NO SURPRISE AT ALL

This is the kind of stuff that happens to the visiting team in Gillette Stadium all the time. From the start of the game through the opening 14 minutes of the first quarter, the Steelers’ coaches’ headsets were receiving the Patriots Radio Network broadcast of the game. The broadcast was so loud that the Steelers coaches were unable to communicate, and the NFL rule is that if one team’s headsets are not working the other team is supposed to be forced to take their headsets off. It’s what the NFL calls the Equity Rule. Strangely enough, whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers’ headsets again started to receive the Patriots game broadcast.

Steelers website accuses Patriots of cheating with headset issues | Larry Brown Sports

It didn't change the outcome of the game. Good offense will beat bad defense if you're playing Beethoven's 5th over the headsets. But it's just typical garbage and unnecessary. Might have been the Pats way of flying the bird to the league.

Steelers website makes it clear what they think happened regarding the issue with Steeler coaches' headsets.

NO SURPRISE AT ALL

This is the kind of stuff that happens to the visiting team in Gillette Stadium all the time. From the start of the game through the opening 14 minutes of the first quarter, the Steelers’ coaches’ headsets were receiving the Patriots Radio Network broadcast of the game. The broadcast was so loud that the Steelers coaches were unable to communicate, and the NFL rule is that if one team’s headsets are not working the other team is supposed to be forced to take their headsets off. It’s what the NFL calls the Equity Rule. Strangely enough, whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers’ headsets again started to receive the Patriots game broadcast.

Steelers website accuses Patriots of cheating with headset issues | Larry Brown Sports

From what I read, the Pats had trouble with their headsets off and on the entire game.

And it goes like this, here it goes)

Paranoia, the destroyer

(Here it goes again)

Paranoia, the destroyer

I guess this is going to be the new thing now. Lose a game to the Patriots and accuse them of cheating.

Thought the Steelers were above that kind of low-rent garbage, but I guess not.

Wonder what Buffalo will accuse them of next week, sneaking a laxative into their Gatorade?

Give it a rest. No one said it was the reason for the loss. You can dismount the horse.

It didn't change the outcome of the game. Good offense will beat bad defense if you're playing Beethoven's 5th over the headsets. But it's just typical garbage and unnecessary. Might have been the Pats way of flying the bird to the league.

Give it a rest. No one said it was the reason for the loss. You can dismount the horse.

You're absolutely right, it didn't have an impact on the game and the Patriots had to deal with it too. So quit your crying.

I guess this is going to be the new thing now. Lose a game to the Patriots and accuse them of cheating.

Thought the Steelers were above that kind of low-rent garbage, but I guess not.

Wonder what Buffalo will accuse them of next week, sneaking a laxative into their Gatorade?

Relax. Nobody said that's why the Steelers lost. But the fact that it happens every time they play there isn't a coincidence. I don't think they are trying to cheat, but I do think it's being done on purpose.

Really, it doesn't matter if it's the NFL, the Pats, Brady, Belichek, Steve Grogan, or whomever, in this day and age the communication that is relied upon in an NFL game should never have an issue in a closed circuit deal to begin with. Maybe it's a stadium issue. Maybe Kraft should hire these 2 guys to iron it out.

att-network-guys-fell-from-heaven-commercial.jpg