CJ Issues first Litkenhouse Rankings for 2015 High School Football Season . . .

Riverside 157

Lit-Ratings get more accurate as the season goes along. The more comparative scores in the computer, the better basis for a list.

I think Lit is the best available source for a state-wide rating. Does anyone think the Herald-Leader's Cantrell is better? If so, why? (Not arguing; just curious. I have never followed that one.)

First basketball Lit-Ratings in the Courier-Journal were published in 1935 and the football one came shortly thereafter (if memory serves.)

^ I have been a CJ subscriber for 30 + years and have followed the Lit Ratings. Please correct me if Im wrong, as I understand it, the Rating system is computer generated based off of information (stats) when state teams play each other. More data is generated at the season goes on!!!! Games against out of state competiton do not count in Lit Ratings. It is to a teams advantage to run the score up to influence the rating, if that is the objective!!! Help me understand this system better!!! Thanks!!!

^ I have been a CJ subscriber for 30 + years and have followed the Lit Ratings. Please correct me if Im wrong, as I understand it, the Rating system is computer generated based off of information (stats) when state teams play each other. More data is generated at the season goes on!!!! Games against out of state competiton do not count in Lit Ratings. It is to a teams advantage to run the score up to influence the rating, if that is the objective!!! Help me understand this system better!!! Thanks!!!

I know you are correct about the out of state games. Thats why Trinity isnt #1

Lit-Ratings get more accurate as the season goes along. The more comparative scores in the computer, the better basis for a list.

I think Lit is the best available source for a state-wide rating. Does anyone think the Herald-Leader's Cantrell is better? If so, why? (Not arguing; just curious. I have never followed that one.)

First basketball Lit-Ratings in the Courier-Journal were published in 1935 and the football one came shortly thereafter (if memory serves.)

Both systems use the Magic Number and we all know they are like cheap wine, they may get a little better with time.