4A Greenup County @ 1A Raceland (9/11) ...predictions

oldrambler

Who Wins ?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins ?

That's a far fetched statement

Not really. Hey, I am one out here (Westwood / Fairview) that doesn't hate Raceland. I really admire your program and how it was built. I just haven't seen that killer instinct that previous Raceland teams have played with. Greenup plays hungry and confident. Raceland at times didn't seem to care. That's all I was saying. Good luck to both teams.

I'll say GC - 28 / Raceland 12

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are wrong, Raceand's Junior class lost to Greenup in 6th grade and a 6 overtime game as 7th graders,and 8th grade they beat Greenup by a late TD. I know because i was at all 3 games. Greenup starts 8 Juniors and for that West Carter Gid-o-Rama game Greenup's starting QB did not play, a Sophomore played QB who had never played in a Varsity game but will be good in the next few years. So Byrd (RB) only run the ball a few times and Jackson only played defense. They did not show much because they had all the Russell coaches there watching and Greenup played them the following week. Greenup also has a passing game to go alone with the running game this year and as in the last 2 or 3 years have not had one. Last Friday they let it fly with Hunt going 12 of 19 for over 200 yards. So i see this going down to the wire, last team scores wins.

You are wrong, Raceand's Junior class lost to Greenup in 6th grade and a 6 overtime game as 7th graders,and 8th grade they beat Greenup by a late TD. I know because i was at all 3 games. Greenup starts 8 Juniors and for that West Carter Gid-o-Rama game Greenup's starting QB did not play, a Sophomore played QB who had never played in a Varsity game but will be good in the next few years. So Byrd (RB) only run the ball a few times and Jackson only played defense. They did not show much because they had all the Russell coaches there watching and Greenup played them the following week. Greenup also has a passing game to go alone with the running game this year and as in the last 2 or 3 years have not had one. Last Friday they let it fly with Hunt going 12 of 19 for over 200 yards. So i see this going down to the wire, last team scores wins.

You and I must look at final scores differently.

I'm going with Greenup in a close one......less than a TD......here is why. Greenup shut down Russell's running game for 3 1/2 quarters and Russell's RB's are much better than the Rams RB's. The Rams passing game is average at best (and yes I seen the passing TD's against East.....East's pass coverage is below average). The Rams have a very good line but have a hard time with speed and quickness. What concerns me the most about the Rams is that they seem to think they can "flip the switch" on and off and play when they want to. That's is dangerous and happened against West and East. One of these days that switch is not going to come on. The Rams special teams are, just average, and will play a role in this game.

I know it was a difficult situation coming back and playing Saturday night against East but it was real obvious the Rams did not want to be there. Everybody was flat....coaches, players, ball boys, fans.........

We havent looked very good, I will be the first to admit that. We have looked lethargic, confused, and sluggish at times. I think the kids bought into some of the preseason hype and seem to go through the motions at times. I think some of it has to do with the learning curve for the new QB, a lineman who had a good camp, but hasnt had the best of performances in the games thus far, seemingly being a step behind. Imo, Isaac Wallace needs to stay at gaurd and let Manis take the tackle spot. Another one Id like to see getting some time on the OL is Justin Fairchild. There has been some shuffling among the line and some kinks have been worked out in the running game and Nathaniel is improving each and every game. Things are going to start coming together, I said in preseason predictions, we may take some lumps early on, but we will be fine by district time. As for this game, it sounds to me like the Rams are the underdog, even at home, and having owned GC since 2010. Rams need to make a statement, this game is their chance to do so.

Thats my thing. We scored 21 on Ashland and 36 on West Carter. People predicting Greenup wins are favoring Greenup by 2 or more scores, West scored 22 on Greenup I believe. Would like to know their reasoning behind our offense not being able to put up 3 or more TDs on them.

Heres what im basing it on... Greenup held Russell to 18. Russell is a much better team than Raceland. As far as "people" favoring greenup by 2 tds. Ive only seen 1 make that prediction. I believe the Raceland fans on this site are the ones buying in to the pre pre-season hype. 90% of you predicted a running clock against west, then it was WE are going into Putnam and beat the Tomcats. Support your team to the bitter end nothing wrong with that but be realistic. Beating up on East was good but let the season play out you will see how unimpressive that win actually is. Like I said on here before you guys have a really tough schedule and are going to take some lumps along the way hopefully it only make the rams stronger come playoff time. Btw when i refer to lumps im not talking about this game. This is a pretty even matchup.

Heres what im basing it on... Greenup held Russell to 18. Russell is a much better team than Raceland. As far as "people" favoring greenup by 2 tds. Ive only seen 1 make that prediction. I believe the Raceland fans on this site are the ones buying in to the pre pre-season hype. 90% of you predicted a running clock against west, then it was WE are going into Putnam and beat the Tomcats. Support your team to the bitter end nothing wrong with that but be realistic. Beating up on East was good but let the season play out you will see how unimpressive that win actually is. Like I said on here before you guys have a really tough schedule and are going to take some lumps along the way hopefully it only make the rams stronger come playoff time. Btw when i refer to lumps im not talking about this game. This is a pretty even matchup.

Oh i am realistic. The win against East isnt by any stretch, impressive. Not a knock on EC, I think they have a guy in place at the HC spot that cares about building a PROGRAM and not just wins and losses in one particular season and create longevity within the program. Just from an execution perspective, we looked a bit cleaner and a bit more in control of ourselves. We were balanced and effective. Raceland needs this win just as much as Greenup does. It should be a good ball game, but I feel like Raceland will start putting things together even more this game.

Oh i am realistic. The win against East isnt by any stretch, impressive. Not a knock on EC, I think they have a guy in place at the HC spot that cares about building a PROGRAM and not just wins and losses in one particular season and create longevity within the program. Just from an execution perspective, we looked a bit cleaner and a bit more in control of ourselves. We were balanced and effective. Raceland needs this win just as much as Greenup does. It should be a good ball game, but I feel like Raceland will start putting things together even more this game.

Couldn't have said it any better.

I should clarify also not a knock on East. Trust me as a Greenup supporter I know it just takes time. I want every team in our area to be successful every week but one of course. But as a sports fans we can talk all we want but there is a reason they play the games.

I should clarify also not a knock on East. Trust me as a Greenup supporter I know it just takes time. I want every team in our area to be successful every week but one of course. But as a sports fans we can talk all we want but there is a reason they play the games.

Absolutely. What we has beens have to say on here has ZERO impact on the game itself, but, I do believe that what is said on here can and does get around to, and sometimes have an impact on the players who often read the site. Either way, Im glad to see teams like Greenup, West Carter, and Lawrence County, East Carter and others who have struggled in recent years, to be seemingly making strides to being competitive year in and year out. Good football, imo, breeds good football. Ie:NKY, Mtns, WKY. Our part of the state is by a large margin, weaker than the other regions across the board. Good to see more and more teams becoming competitive.

Excellent post.

Jackson ran the ball against West Carter. I was there and witnessed it.

I'm going with Greenup in a close one......less than a TD......here is why. Greenup shut down Russell's running game for 3 1/2 quarters and Russell's RB's are much better than the Rams RB's. The Rams passing game is average at best (and yes I seen the passing TD's against East.....East's pass coverage is below average). The Rams have a very good line but have a hard time with speed and quickness. What concerns me the most about the Rams is that they seem to think they can "flip the switch" on and off and play when they want to. That's is dangerous and happened against West and East. One of these days that switch is not going to come on. The Rams special teams are, just average, and will play a role in this game.

I know it was a difficult situation coming back and playing Saturday night against East but it was real obvious the Rams did not want to be there. Everybody was flat....coaches, players, ball boys, fans.........

You forgot team doc. :)

Wow, I hate that I missed this gem. Seriously, do you really believe that? Serious question.