Powell Co. 06-07

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell should be a top 5 team in the region next season. They didn't have any seniors on last year's team, and had a very good JV. I was impressed with some of their young players last year, especially Romans, and another kid that was a great 3 point shooter, but I don't remember his name.

I'm pretty sure that their JV was composed of nearly all juniors last season....there were 11 or 12 juniors last year and I think that they will be tough next year- they wont lose many games at home.

Powell is going to be a good team this year.

with 9 seniors, and 2 juniors they have got to the point were they now know what they gotta do. All of them had problems with the coach and with some other players ( who have come and gone) but now its just them. John Skidmore, with prove the true guard he is. His speed and skill in keeping the team together and tight as one, will really help the team. Romans will keep his game of being strong down in the paint and the one that everyone needs to look out for being a 6th man, or even a starter, would have to be Chase Friel. He is strong and always plays himself as the little guy. he plays as hard as he can all the time and manages to make alot happen in the game. Some of the players like the new coach but most of them would agree that they are happy Coldiron is gone. But I think the main let down was that coach Baker wasn't made the new coach. most of the players like him, and think of him as a coach and a friend. He is a good coach, and the ad a pc messed up big time, but no offense to the new coach.

I thought they had 11 seniors...i havent seen Skidmore play much, I remember him making the all district team last year in the 56th, but did he start?...I think he might of had the most points or something, don't think anyone really played that well in the district tournament for Powell, and who is this friel boy?...only players i've heard about through the grapevine are Romans, Dennis, Merriman, and a sophomore..kiser? There must be more talent at Powell than i anticipated.

Chase Friel, he is Craig Friel's little brother. He plays alot like his brother. He don't score much, but he plays some pretty good D, and he plays hard, and ruff. He likes to make little things happen, like causing bad passes. Or just nagging a guy by just staying with him. Coach Baker thought enough of him to put him in the ending of the district game, after three mins he had a three, and one or two rebounds. He out scored two starters in his three mins in. But he just never seemed to get any respect from Coldiron.

Not entirely, with seniors comes leadership, and many of the players at Powell have experience...Lee co. is another team with many seniors, Lee co. was a top 5 team last year as well and should be watched in the region...