Powell Co. 06-07

I'm not the coach...but i know that you can't cut the seniors when they've played the last 3 years...those cuts should have been made when they were freshmen...not now...by now they can all play though...any school would be lucky to have what Powell has, Lee co. also has a large senior class this year...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell can in this situation. With a small upcoming junior class of only 2 people, Powell can afford to keep all of their seniors. Which leaves room for 2 underclassman on the bench. When those twelve seniors are gone you will have a few experienced players to lead the team. Then the other players can step up on varsity and gain the needed experience.

I'm not the coach...but i know that you can't cut the seniors when they've played the last 3 years...those cuts should have been made when they were freshmen...not now...by now they can all play though...any school would be lucky to have what Powell has, Lee co. also has a large senior class this year...

You keep 11 or 12 as freshmen so you can have a freshman team. Eventually, though, you have to cut somebody if they don't quit, which is usually what happens.

I'd be surprised if the coach keeps more than seven or eight seniors.

I will play with 11 seniors and take my chances in the 14th. Who knows what next year may bring but from what I am told over 35 kids have come out during open gym not counting the kids playing baseball.

imo...starters

center-romans

power forward-jeremy banks

small forward-dennis

shooting guard-daniel kinser

point gaurd-lance overbee(the best ball handler on the team, just been out with knee problems)

just my opinion

Looks good to me except maybe David Johnson at point. Just my opinion.

11-12 seniors? So much for developing your underclassmen. Powell will be hurting for a few years to come. 11 Juniors playing JV? If a coach has 11 Juniors on the JV team he/she is not doing justice to his underclassmen and not giving them the opportunity to develop their game. JV should be for the up & coming freshmen and sophmores and maybe a junior or two. Coaches have to look to the future unless they don't plan on coaching very long.

JMO

imo...starters

center-romans

power forward-jeremy banks

small forward-dennis

shooting guard-daniel kinser

point gaurd-lance overbee(the best ball handler on the team, just been out with knee problems)

just my opinion

When Owsley played Powell at PCC, i noticed Romans wasnt there, later heard he was playing baseball next door...I think he would have really helped them, (top 5 IMO)...also noticed #35 (Merriman?) and the Dennis kid were playing extremely well from the outside and showed good moves in the post. Banks really impressed me with his quickness and footwork around the basket. Havent seen much of kinser or overbee... I would put the Johnson boy or Skidmore at point, Dennis at the 2 guard, Merriman 3, Banks at PF, and Romans at Center, IMO...a good contender.

• 2 weeks later...
When Owsley played Powell at PCC, i noticed Romans wasnt there, later heard he was playing baseball next door...I think he would have really helped them, (top 5 IMO)...also noticed #35 (Merriman?) and the Dennis kid were playing extremely well from the outside and showed good moves in the post. Banks really impressed me with his quickness and footwork around the basket. Havent seen much of kinser or overbee... I would put the Johnson boy or Skidmore at point, Dennis at the 2 guard, Merriman 3, Banks at PF, and Romans at Center, IMO...a good contender.

That line up looks pretty good except you have to get kinser in there...you didnt see him playing at pcc because he was also playin baseball next door.

I've heard about kinser, i had forgot about him...he also would be a good choice to be a starter...from what i know about Powell looks like there "starting" five won't be set all year. Any of the players are capable.

I've heard about kinser, i had forgot about him...he also would be a good choice to be a starter...from what i know about Powell looks like there "starting" five won't be set all year. Any of the players are capable.

:thumb: very well put.

Powell's team will be good. They have been working real hard, and are about to get a little time off, which will be the most they have gotten in the past 4 years. But i think it will do them good. You see them all out in town alot hanging out, so the bond between them is strong, and as for the underclass men powell has always had 15 on varsity with only one or two players playing down into jv. and always have a full freshman team, so the jv team is a good balance.