Powell Co. 06-07

I agree, 12 seniors can be a really good thing and a really bad thing. Many of the underclassman are active players for Powell. Losing twelve seniors will hurt them but with the new coach and determination from the players they should be ok.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not entirely, with seniors comes leadership, and many of the players at Powell have experience...Lee co. is another team with many seniors, Lee co. was a top 5 team last year as well and should be watched in the region...

If you've got 11 or 12 seniors leading, who is left to do the following? I would also imagine the 10th or 11th senior probably won't be happy sitting on the bench all year either.

You seem to know what you're talking about, also sound somewhat familiar with Powell... or maybe don't like them...a group of seniors never hurts a team, especially if they can all play...playing time should'nt be an option if they work hard every play, everyone needs a break.

I know a few of them...Romans, Johnson, Merriman, Skidmore, Pelfrey, Dennis, Sebey, there's 4 or 5 more...

Lee co, also has a great Senior Class in Brandenburg, Fetters, Justin and Dustin Liesagang, couple more

Estill has Berryman, Sewell

Owsley - Neeley and Congleton

That isn't possible with 11 or 12 seniors. You couldn't have MANY underclassmen.

Yes it is. Powell had 11 juniors last year. If they all return it should make for some competitive practices and a decent team to get up and down the floor in Kyle Lively's style of play.:D

Theres a Freshmen team, and a JV team...that sounds like MANY underclassmen to me...atleast 15-20 other players...

I'm pretty sure that last season the JV team all juniors and one sophomore.

Yes, experience is experience no matter what level you play on, varsity or jv. Most of the underclassman play jv for powell. They should be ready to step up when the time comes.