September 8, 201511 yr So the first wave of gay marriage license requests are over and they're probably not expecting any additional requests anytime soon. So let her out. Take some of the pressure off of everyone. If she fires any of her deputies, back to jail. Next gay couple that walks in for a license and is refused, back to jail.
September 8, 201511 yr So the first wave of gay marriage license requests are over and they're probably not expecting any additional requests anytime soon. So let her out. Take some of the pressure off of everyone. If she fires any of her deputies, back to jail. Next gay couple that walks in for a license and is refused, back to jail.I wonder how much of a cost it is to release someone? Also, to book them.
September 8, 201511 yr From what I have read she does not have to agree ahead of time. She is to be released. She has not been released yet.
September 8, 201511 yr Would firing deputies that have agreed to issue marriage licenses to gay folks cause her to back to jail? I would certainly think so.
September 8, 201511 yr If she is released and fires any of her deputy clerks for following the law, the fine citizens of Rowan county will be breaking out the check book in a big way.
September 8, 201511 yr Author She has not been released yet. Allow me to re-phrase. I don't think she has to give a promise to the judge in order to be released. I think he will let her actions speak.
September 8, 201511 yr Author Marriage licenses now say "Rowan County" where it used to have her name.
September 8, 201511 yr What a shame she got released. So many of you on here wanting her to rot in jail. I am. I wanted her to rot away in a cell.
September 8, 201511 yr NOW she will be at the rally. Bunning messed up, whimped out. I just heard Bunning dropped the contempt charges. Horrible decision by Bunning. How so?? Contempt charges were for her office not issuing licenses. Office now issuing licenses. What grounds is there to keep her in contempt if plaintiffs have been issued a marriage license?
September 8, 201511 yr Marriage licenses now say "Rowan County" where it used to have her name. Has this been confirmed? I haven't seen anything about that.
September 8, 201511 yr What a shame she got released. So many of you on here wanting her to rot in jail. As long as she refuses to issue licenses, she should be in jail. Unless she wants to resign.
September 8, 201511 yr She has not been released yet. Sounds to me like she's been released. Clerk who fought gay marriage freed from jail Kim Davis emerged in the afternoon to hundreds of cross-waving supporters outside the jail. They sang "Amazing Grace" and "God Bless America" as her lawyers refused to say whether she would defy the courts again.
September 8, 201511 yr Sam Youngman @samyoungman 18m18 minutes ago Staver tells crowd that Davis will not resign and will not issue marriage licenses. Staver is her lawyer. Sounds to me like we have a cyclical pattern forming here...
September 8, 201511 yr I would encourage any and all to also disregard Huckabee's and Dr Carson's contention that the President of the United States (in this case President Lincoln) IGNORED the SCOTUS ruling in the Dress Scott case. Simply not true. Huckabee was on the talk shows today claiming that. He is a clown show without goofy horn. Indeed he is.
September 8, 201511 yr Sam Youngman @samyoungman 18m18 minutes ago Staver tells crowd that Davis will not resign and will not issue marriage licenses. Staver is her lawyer. Sounds to me like we have a cyclical pattern forming here... Those who forget history...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.