September 8, 201511 yr So what you are telling me is there are no checks and balances? So let me guess... You want the way the supreme courts works to change? Going an awful long way just to stop some people from getting married that will have zero impact on your life.
September 8, 201511 yr Author I would encourage any and all to also disregard Huckabee's and Dr Carson's contention that the President of the United States (in this case President Lincoln) IGNORED the SCOTUS ruling in the Dress Scott case. Simply not true. Huckabee was on the talk shows today claiming that. He is a clown show without goofy horn.
September 8, 201511 yr “When she took the job she swore to uphold the law,” Jarrett said. “We rely on government officials to do that. They can’t just pick and choose what laws they like and which ones they don’t. If they were allowed to do that, wouldn’t that lead to chaos, anarchy and so forth?” Trial attorney Chip Merlin concurred, saying Davis may believe gay marriage is “immoral” but has “an obligation to uphold other people’s constitutional rights.” Criminal defense attorney Sharon Liko was similarly dismissive, calling Davis “a hypocrite” who is “applying for the job of martyr.” “It’s just a ridiculously stupid statement,” Liko said. “The Supreme Court does just that. They determine the constitutionality of issues; they resolve these kinds of disputes.” Fox Panel Condemns Kim Davis, Calls Her Lawyer 'Ridiculously Stupid' (VIDEO)
September 8, 201511 yr What is the Catholic Church stance on same sex marriage Sportsguy41017? Last I heard, the SCOTUS doesn't go asking the Pope for legal advice.
September 8, 201511 yr A minister says if Judge Bunning does not repent he will ask the Grayson County sheriff to drive to Ft Thomas and arrest him. Rev Flip Benham needs a map
September 8, 201511 yr [ATTACH]52222[/ATTACH] There's a portable hospital by the jail "just in case". Are you serious?
September 8, 201511 yr A minister says if Judge Bunning does not repent he will ask the Grayson County sheriff to drive to Ft Thomas and arrest him. 1) Good luck to them. 2) Is he/she serious? 3) I'd like to see them come into that Fort and try. 4) I did not realize how #2 could be looked at until now.
September 8, 201511 yr So what you are telling me is there are no checks and balances? I thought the above explained the checks and balances. Sounds like you don't like the answer.
September 8, 201511 yr But of course you don't see my thinking. Why would you since I don't go along with the rest of society. My saying what I did is because you got a woman in jail for refusing to give marriage license to homosexuals, but yet people who molest and rape little kids can get out of jail on bail. I don't care if it's contempt or what the rules are, she is in jail while a sex offender is out. Sorry but I don't see it as fair. Who told you life was going to be fair?
September 8, 201511 yr They are 100% against it. Why do you ask? As you know, and the rest of the people in this thread know, it had nothing to do with the thread.
September 8, 201511 yr Yes, they're taking major precaution So they really think that there will be that many people? And that there may be issues?
September 8, 201511 yr So they really think that there will be that many people? And that there may be issues? They don't know for sure but are being safe just in case
September 8, 201511 yr I see where your truck friend was in front of the judges house in NKY. The U.S. Marshals had to make them leave. Ridiculous.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.