Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

So what you are telling me is there are no checks and balances?

 

The executive checks the judiciary by having the power to appoint judges. The legislature checks the judiciary by having the ability to amend the constitution and by having the power of advice and consent on judicial appointments. Congress also has the power to impeach and subsequently try federal judges.

 

Anytime the legislature and states friendly to the idea want to introduce a consitutional amendment defining marriage as between one man and one woman, we'll talk about that being the law of the land.

 

I honestly don't remember the Court's ruling on this. Was it strictly on substantive due process under the 14th amendment or did they strike down the contested law on equal protection grounds as well?

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The U.S. Marshals had to make them leave. Ridiculous.

 

Why Ridiculous? Just curious......

If the SCOTUS decision had been 5-4 the other way, the checks and balances would have worked out perfectly.

 

Just a guess.

 

The executive checks the judiciary by having the power to appoint judges. The legislature checks the judiciary by having the ability to amend the constitution and by having the power of advice and consent on judicial appointments.

 

Anytime the legislature and states friendly to the idea want to introduce a consitutional amendment defining marriage as between one man and one woman, we'll talk about that being the law of the land.

 

I honestly don't remember the Court's ruling on this. Was it strictly on substantive due process under the 14th amendment or did they strike down the contested law on equal protection grounds as well?

 

Both

Why Ridiculous? Just curious......

 

The whole situation could have been avoided by both sides. That's just my opinion, but as far as I know those people could have went a county over and got it(some came from other counties, just to make a deal out of it), and she could have either done her job or let a deputy sign it.

 

 

I also find it ridiculous because I am a Christian, and these people aren't doing anything at all that can help spread Christianity. They're honestly turning people off of the religion

[ATTACH]52222[/ATTACH]

There's a portable hospital by the jail "just in case".

 

Put that phone on a charger! :D

The whole situation could have been avoided by both sides. That's just my opinion, but as far as I know those people could have went a county over and got it(some came from other counties, just to make a deal out of it), and she could have either done her job or let a deputy sign it.

 

 

I also find it ridiculous because I am a Christian, and these people aren't doing anything at all that can help spread Christianity. They're honestly turning people off of the religion

 

Most of the people there yesterday were from North Carolina. Obviously funded by a larger group & well equipped with their own beliefs(rights). I can almost bet 90% of the Protestors there yesterday have never met anybody from Grayson or Rowen County Kentucky, but were there because they were told to be there. I'm sure there were a few from Grayson but Majority were from another State(s).

 

The Children there yesterday was the most Disturbing part of it. Even a few of the News stations that were on the scene said that was a little uneasy!

Where I think the writer is wrong or misleading:

 

"Mrs Davis didn't cause this - SCOTUS did." That's like saying I didn't do anything wrong - the speed limit is just too low. Supreme Court made a ruling. Was it correct? Fair question. However, they DID make a ruling. So anything following that is 100% on Mrs. Davis

 

"It redefined Mrs. Davis' job." 1000% incorrect. Her job didn't change. Her job is to issue marriage licenses to those that the law say can receive a license. Her job did not change at all.

 

It is not the requirement of the Governor to call a special session with extra costs to a state already hurting financially to take up the cause of re-writing requirements.

 

Would it be great if the state had determined what might be coming down the road and change legislation like NC did? Of course. They didn't so...do your job, quit, or jail. She chose jail.

 

This made me laugh out loud. My son and I went golfing on Saturday and he played well until he got to the greens. After the round was over I said "Your putting wasn't very good today" He without hesitation or thought said "Hey, I putted just fine, those greens are messed up".

Most of the people there yesterday were from North Carolina. Obviously funded by a larger group & well equipped with their own beliefs(rights). I can almost bet 90% of the Protestors there yesterday have never met anybody from Grayson or Rowen County Kentucky, but were there because they were told to be there. I'm sure there were a few from Grayson but Majority were from another State(s).

 

The Children there yesterday was the most Disturbing part of it. Even a few of the News stations that were on the scene said that was a little uneasy!

The farthest people are from here that are in my hotel are in California. Those people were from North Carolina and they filled up the hotel lobby at about 9:30 last night and stole my pizza. I'm serious! I about threw some hands at them, especially when they turned the channel from the Ohio State game.

The farthest people are from here that are in my hotel are in California. Those people were from North Carolina and they filled up the hotel lobby at about 9:30 last night and stole my pizza. I'm serious! I about threw some hands at them, especially when they turned the channel from the Ohio State game.

 

Come on, you local guys shouldn't let those out of towners do that!

Come on, you local guys shouldn't let those out of towners do that!

I about super kicked them. They don't need to upset us Graysonites. We are simple people here, we enjoy our Mexican food and our yearly bluegrass festival and they are nearly trespassing on the Mexican food. It's close to the jail, if they do anything to damage or upset that there may be a war.

 

I'm just glad I'll be in Ashland all day during this whole entire thing.

^ NO! We need your eyes and ears, and camera phone to keep us informed :)

^ NO! We need your eyes and ears, and camera phone to keep us informed :)

Have a live update thread like we do for games on here! :lol2:

  • Author

Good lord - now we have Sen Cruz coming to Grayson today. It's a contest between him and Gov Huckabee as to who can look like they are closest to God in the eyes of the voters.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.