September 9, 201511 yr She came out and made and entrance to the song "Eye of the Tiger" Word is that the front man of Survivor was very upset that his song was used and may sue.
September 9, 201511 yr Look I asked that question genuinely. I have been reading up on this because this was something I knew very little about. I do sometimes ask questions here where I already know the answer, but I was honest in the fact that I just want to right answer on this. Im no law scholar and I do really appreciate the info and I will read it. With as much stuff from both sides out there that is being said I am not one to just take either sides quick answers. There is alot of hate and judgement coming out now its hard to tell what's correct. I have heard a lot more today from both sides. The biggest problem I have with these threads are that everyone is judging a lady they don't even know and that makes them as bad as what they are accusing her of. If any of you thinks somehow you are better than this lady or her husband who has been made fun of on here you are badly mistaken. Some don't understand how she believes so they assume they know what her motives are. I will say this, you had better hope you don't find yourself in a bad spot someday because you will reap what you have sown. Whoa. I actually did think you wanted some clarity and wasn't sure if I could add anything to help. Never mind. Good luck in your quest.
September 9, 201511 yr I did not mean to come across to you as bad. If I did I apologize. I do appreciate the time took to find this. But I do not take to what I described above. At all. For anyone.
September 9, 201511 yr Bunning folded for whatever reason. Because this lady did not agree to comply with what she was held in contempt for. Indeed. The timing is very strange to me, and troubling, because it makes it seem like federal judges can be bullied. Perhaps it was Bunning's plan all along to make her sit in the pokey through the holiday weekend to get his point across. Honestly, though, from a practical standpoint this move — whatever motivated his decision — could prove fruitful in defusing a powderkeg and keeping those portable triage tents from being pressed into service. Maybe Bunning looked at that part of the big picture.
September 9, 201511 yr Bunning was creating a monster and I would bet he was given some advice to try to get this toned down like you said. Given that, I would bet she is in jail in a few days. Then it will get interesting.
September 9, 201511 yr Honestly, though, from a practical standpoint this move — whatever motivated his decision — could prove fruitful in defusing a powderkeg and keeping those portable triage tents from being pressed into service. Maybe Bunning looked at that part of the big picture. What you posted here is the first thing I thought when I heard that she was being released.
September 9, 201511 yr This is for sure a powder keg. If you dont believe me get a full video of the rally today and listen.
September 9, 201511 yr You've obviously never been involved in a thread he posts in. His comments bring little value to any discussion. No, I have been. Sometimes I like to point out the blinding glimpse of the obvious...
September 9, 201511 yr I'll be interested to see what happens at the courthouse today if she returns to work. I'd like to see if she continues to allow the marriages or not.
September 9, 201511 yr Author One clerk said this morning he would issue licenses even if Kim Davis says he cannot.
September 9, 201511 yr Author No issue with Judge Bunning's decision. He made his point and is giving her a chance. She knows he is serious with his threat. It's now her call. Legal question: If she violates again is just another contempt charge or something else?
September 9, 201511 yr One clerk said this morning he would issue licenses even if Kim Davis says he cannot. Ruh-roh. There just might be a BGP protest.
September 9, 201511 yr Legal question: If she violates again is just another contempt charge or something else? I believe it would be contempt because she wouldn't be breaking a criminal law. No crime, no charge. She would be ignoring a judicial order to follow the law from every stage of federal court.
September 9, 201511 yr No issue with Judge Bunning's decision. He made his point and is giving her a chance. She knows he is serious with his threat. It's now her call. Legal question: If she violates again is just another contempt charge or something else? I agree, I just didn't like the timing, with the rally. He very well may have had his mind already made up "I'll keep her in jail during the Memorial Day weekend". I think it would be another contempt charge. But I hope she just fades away, does other things in the office and let the employees do their jobs.
September 9, 201511 yr I'll be interested to see what happens at the courthouse today if she returns to work. I'd like to see if she continues to allow the marriages or not. I believe they said she won't be back till Friday.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.