Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

So that is the basis for it being "okay."

 

Again, I point out, right or wrong, even more showed up at rally's to protest Brown v Board and later the desegregation of schools. They too sang hymns and believed they were standing for what was right and biblical. Even willing to disobey. And every speaker on their platform pretty much called for the same response from every true believer.

 

So does that make it okay?

 

I am going to copy my above response to your question:

 

~We live in a very divided nation......get used to it till compromise comes from both sides. And that's not a shot at the left or right. Seems there is no middle ground with anyone anymore. Sad state of affairs

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We live in a very divided nation......get used to it till compromise comes from both sides. And that's not a shot at the left or right. Seems there is no middle ground with anyone anymore. Sad state of affairs.

 

I agree with that sentiment.

 

And I believe that Judge Bunning was trying to find that compromise. But some people (from either side) won't accept it and it will take the majority in the middle to stop the yelling and start the talking.

This is what is in front of the Rowan Co Courthouse now. Some people just want to continue to shove their beliefs downs others throats and deny others of their rights, no matter what. It doesn't matter to them if Kim Davis is involved or not, it doesn't matter if her name is on the paperwork or not (that is just another excuse). The sign is wrong, as the deputies issue all marriage licenses are the ones follow the law.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52235[/ATTACH]

 

Do these people have jobs? School? I couldn't find time to protest even if I wanted to (which I don't)

I am going to copy my above response to your question:

 

~We live in a very divided nation......get used to it till compromise comes from both sides. And that's not a shot at the left or right. Seems there is no middle ground with anyone anymore. Sad state of affairs

 

There is a SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND. The irony in all of this is that these CHRISTIANS are protesting religious freedom, while asking the government to violate the 1st Amendment.

 

It truly sucks understanding Constitutional Law some times. It is so much more fun to say, "Because Jesus" than it is to be analytical about what the laws actually say.

What really concerns me is if the division continues to spread it will destroy our country. Every country that has had problems where there became so divided it took them down. That's history that cannot be argued against. I hate this, I mean that.

There is a SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND. The irony in all of this is that these CHRISTIANS are protesting religious freedom, while asking the government to violate the 1st Amendment.

 

It truly sucks understanding Constitutional Law some times. It is so much more fun to say, "Because Jesus" than it is to be analytical about what the laws actually say.

 

I actually think the Christians are saying if the Government law tells them to go against the Biblical law they will not do it. Nothing more.

What really concerns me is if the division continues to spread it will destroy our country. Every country that has had problems where there became so divided it took them down. That's history that cannot be argued against. I hate this, I mean that.

 

While I agree with your premise about division, the history shows that some nations rise above such conflict.

 

The American Civil War is one example. Though the seeds are still sprouting the USA has grown since that horrible internal struggle and the society and economy boomed in the 20th century after it.

 

The English Civil War served to make Britain stronger and more democratic in nature.

 

While division is a scary thing, my biggest fear is that we reach the point of no one talking. Shelby Foote once said that he believed the American Civil War was the result of American leadership doing the one thing we were historically good at up to that point. Compromise.

I actually think the Christians are saying if the Government law tells them to go against the Biblical law they will not do it. Nothing more.

 

I can live with that. I feel the same way. But I would go about finding ways to remove myself from that responsibility that conflicts with my faith. Not interject my convictions on the democratic society I live within.

 

Do these people have jobs? School? I couldn't find time to protest even if I wanted to (which I don't)

 

Me neither.

 

Not interested, but not sure how I'd find the time if I was lol

We live in a very divided nation......get used to it till compromise comes from both sides. And that's not a shot at the left or right. Seems there is no middle ground with anyone anymore. Sad state of affairs.

 

Either extreme side loves to increase its numbers to have a sense of strength in numbers, but I sorta believe there really is a large middle ground, but we don't hear from them because they aren't extreme in nature, and they don't typically show up to the circus.

Apparently people have some crazy thoughts on both sides of the issue. I just read a lot of pages and I'm shaking my head from people on both sides.

 

The only statement I will say is, I don't know how anyone could have a problem with how Judge Bunning handled this situation. I don't know if there are to many judges that could of handled it in such a professional and legal manner as he did.

 

She has every right to protest but her protest has consequences . She should of followed the Supreme Court ruling. But I also don't get the hate from some because she chose to protest based on her religious beliefs. She was punished for it but some of the hate coming out for the protest is ridiculous.

 

I disagree with her protest from a legal standpoint. But I'm not going to mock someone's religious convictions. As far as I can tell and I may have missed it I didn't hear her every say anything hateful.

Anyone suggesting Bunning folded or capitulated too soon, remember that he basically gave her this same option before sending her to jail. Below is the chronology:

 

1 - Kim -- will you issue? Nope. OK, you're in contempt.

2 - Deputies -- will you issue? 5/6 say yes. OK, go for it.

3 - Kim -- deputies say they're gonna issue. If you promise not to interfere with them issuing, you don't have to go to jail. What say you? I'll interfere b/c my name is on it. OK, off to Grayson with you.

4 - (yesterday) -- Kim -- I ain't gonna ask you. I'm just telling you. The deputies seem to be doing a fine job without you there. I'm letting you out. If you interfere, you're heading back to Grayson.

 

Fire up the Rocky music!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.