September 9, 201511 yr I don't even think the same sex couple should of stayed in Ohio. I'm fine with them taking a stand . If in her heart of hearts she didn't think she could sign it without affecting her relationship with God then that's her conviction. She should of stepped down if she couldn't fulfill her duties of office. Instead we allowed our judicial system to work and Bunning made good level headed decisions and have a working conclusion. I'm just not jumping to bigot and name calling. All that does is make people defensive and does nothing for conversation. They weren't being denied a chance to be married. They chose a spot to test someone when they didn't need to. They are 50% to blame for this circus. If they were citizens of Rowan County I'd have sympathy for them. If a cop did this to a citizen it would be entrapment wouldn't it? I don't believe her heart of hearts. I'll go to my grave believing she did this all with an ulterior motive that has nothing to do with God. She's not the first person to profit off of religious convictions and she won't be the last. I call it like I see it. I guess we'll just agree to disagree.
September 9, 201511 yr Do you not see how crazy it is for you to assume that I was saying that you said any of that? I was discussing Kim and some other Christians with their backward thinking. I only responded to your ideas on bigotry and added my feelings towards religious beliefs and religious bigotry but was not taking aim at you personally. If you're taking it personally that's on you and your misunderstanding of what I said. Ease up and chill the hell out and careful not to insert your assumptions to other people's posts while you read them, and that is aimed at you. My man you quoted me ? Then didn't separate your thoughts from the quote directed towards me. I'm not upset if it wasn't directed towards me cool.
September 9, 201511 yr They weren't being denied a chance to be married. They chose a spot to test someone when they didn't need to. They are 50% to blame for this circus. If they were citizens of Rowan County I'd have sympathy for them. If a cop did this to a citizen it would be entrapment wouldn't it? I don't believe her heart of hearts. I'll go to my grave believing she did this all with an ulterior motive that has nothing to do with God. She's not the first person to profit off of religious convictions and she won't be the last. I call it like I see it. I guess we'll just agree to disagree. You could be right I just don't have any evidence of it. If it was for money though wouldn't that go against being a bigot . She would be greedy and a liar at that point .
September 9, 201511 yr They weren't being denied a chance to be married. They chose a spot to test someone when they didn't need to. They are 50% to blame for this circus. If they were citizens of Rowan County I'd have sympathy for them. If a cop did this to a citizen it would be entrapment wouldn't it? I don't believe her heart of hearts. I'll go to my grave believing she did this all with an ulterior motive that has nothing to do with God. She's not the first person to profit off of religious convictions and she won't be the last. I call it like I see it. I guess we'll just agree to disagree. There were MANY people in the Civil Rights movement who went to areas where they didn't live to protest or "test" people. Should they have stayed put?
September 9, 201511 yr You could be right I just don't have any evidence of it. If it was for money though wouldn't that go against being a bigot . She would be greedy and a liar at that point . I do agree there.
September 9, 201511 yr Which law? You know. The one the Supreme Court voted into effect by a 5-4 vote. The one that at last reports 117/120 clerks in KY plan to follow. The one that allows homosexuals the right to a same sex marriage that Kim Davis refused to follow which landed her in jail for contempt of court. That law.
September 9, 201511 yr You know. The one the Supreme Court voted into effect by a 5-4 vote. The one that at last reports 117/120 clerks in KY plan to follow. The one that allows homosexuals the right to a same sex marriage that Kim Davis refused to follow which landed her in jail for contempt of court. That law. So you're saying the SCOTUS ruling has been codified into law? Can you please give me a link? I could have sworn Congress can only vote laws into effect.
September 9, 201511 yr There were MANY people in the Civil Rights movement who went to areas where they didn't live to protest or "test" people. Should they have stayed put? Whole different scenario. Their protests went against the iron guard of an entire region of the country. Not one woman in a small county in KY. Blacks were being denied civil rights all over the country. Apples and oranges. The principle is the same but specific incidents and reasons for gay marriage and civil rights for blacks isn't comparable by any means.
September 9, 201511 yr So you're saying the SCOTUS ruling has been codified into law? Can you please give me a link? I could have sworn Congress can only vote laws into effect. Forgive me and my lack of knowledge on laws and the correct wording of laws and who does what to make them laws. I do know that she violated something by not providing marriage licenses and she went to jail over contempt of court as a result. Don't people go to jail for violating something?
September 9, 201511 yr Whole different scenario. Their protests went against the iron guard of an entire region of the country. Not one woman in a small county in KY. Blacks were being denied civil rights all over the country. Apples and oranges. The principle is the same but specific incidents and reasons for gay marriage and civil rights for blacks isn't comparable by any means.Until the SCOTUS' recent ruling gays were being denied at least one right all over the country. That aside, so if more people start doing what Kim Davis is doing then would it be the same?
September 9, 201511 yr I actually think the Christians are saying if the Government law tells them to go against the Biblical law they will not do it. Nothing more. Exactly. That is breaking the law. One group's conscious objection on religious grounds, combined with another on ethical, and another on moral ground...and eventually the law doesn't mean much.
September 9, 201511 yr Until the SCOTUS' recent ruling gays were being denied at least one right all over the country. That aside, so if more people start doing what Kim Davis is doing then would it be the same? When the Kim Davis people start killing gays and people who fight for their cause with them then I guess it will become the same.
September 9, 201511 yr Forgive me and my lack of knowledge on laws and the correct wording of laws and who does what to make them laws. I do know that she violated something by not providing marriage licenses and she went to jail over contempt of court as a result. Don't people go to jail for violating something? They go to jail for violating the law.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.