Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

If you are against same-sex marriage it doesn't make you bigoted or hateful, it just means you have a warped view on things, JMO.

 

If you act on those beliefs and work to ban allowing gay couples to marry, then yes I consider you a bigot and hateful.

 

As for the poster who said people aren't better than Kim Davis. Sorry, I absolutely believe I'm better than someone who works to deny equality and equal rights to another based on their sexual orientation. Same applies to those who work to deny these things based on race, ethnicity, religion, or gender.

I was thinking you are Catholic. If that is correct how do you reconcile your religions stance on gay marriage?

 

Also, I have zero problem with anyone that is against gay marriage as a religious institution within the world of their church/religion. I don't think less of them nor do I think they have a warped view on things.

 

In the context of a government recognized union and given rights/benefits, I agree with you.

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking you are Catholic. If that is correct how do you reconcile your religions stance on gay marriage?

 

 

I am, and the simple answer is, I simply 100% disagree with the Church on it. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I do not for a second believe that God would punish someone for simply loving (and acting upon that love) someone of the same sex. I know that contradicts the Bible, but that's okay as there is a lot of stuff in there that I don't necessarily agree with.

I was thinking you are Catholic. If that is correct how do you reconcile your religions stance on gay marriage?

 

Also, I have zero problem with anyone that is against gay marriage as a religious institution within the world of their church/religion. I don't think less of them nor do I think they have a warped view on things.

 

In the context of a government recognized union and given rights/benefits, I agree with you.

 

And I agree with your second statement. I 100% support churches and organized religions right to refuse to perform or recognize marriages that they don't agree with. If two gay people want to get married in the church, I will stand on the church's side if they refuse to do it.

I am, and the simple answer is, I simply 100% disagree with the Church on it. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I do not for a second believe that God would punish someone for simply loving (and acting upon that love) someone of the same sex. I know that contradicts the Bible, but that's okay as there is a lot of stuff in there that I don't necessarily agree with.
Very nice answer. :thumb:

The Oath Keepers have sent armed people to guard Kim Davis from the U.S. Marshals

The Oath Keepers have sent armed people to guard Kim Davis from the U.S. Marshals

 

That's not going to end well for them....:ohbrother:

The Oath Keepers have sent armed people to guard Kim Davis from the U.S. Marshals

 

This won't end well.

The Oath Keepers have sent armed people to guard Kim Davis from the U.S. Marshals

 

They love this country SO MUCH that if the United States Marshals Service shows up to do a job they're sworn to do... they'll shoot em.

 

Heaven above, where do these people come from?

Wow

 

Even though I respect Kim Davis standing fast for her religious beliefs and think the U.S. Government has no business issuing marriage licenses to anyone (the government should issue civil unions that give all spouses all rights within the United States IMO, and any American should be allowed access. If they want a conventional marriage that is between the couple and the church of their denomination) this is about as crazy of a thing as I have ever heard.

 

For the record I did not think there was a due process when dealing with contempt of court. Only if an individual is being charged with a crime. She has not been charged so I don't think there is a due process. She also has no criminal record despite having spent time in jail.

 

Armed militia type personnel standing up to the U.S. Government will not end well. For Kim Davis, the armed militia, or anyone else IMO.

They are saying they discussed the "operation" with Jackson Co Sherif Denny Peyman?

  • Author
They are saying they discussed it with Jackson Co Sherif Denny Peyman?

 

All we're missing now is Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder.

Isn't she supposed to go back to work on tomorrow? I guess we'll find out how far the Oathkeepers are willing to go if she fires an employee or denies a marriage license.

 

Of course all of it depends on a gay couple going in to the office to apply for a license.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.