Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

What came first? Marriage or Christianity?

 

Anyone?

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When the Kim Davis people start killing gays and people who fight for their cause with them then I guess it will become the same.
That last part was probably poorly worded by me. I see both as people protesting rights being denied to them...
They go to jail for violating the law.

 

So what did she violate to end up in the pokey and why hasn't she sued for false imprisonment? Isn't false imprisonment against the law or is it just something?

That's not the part I don't value. It's the "millions of people" part. "Millions of people" have shared some really crappy ideas over the years...

 

Lot's of people thought slavery was a good thing at one point as well.

So you're saying the SCOTUS ruling has been codified into law? Can you please give me a link?

 

I could have sworn Congress can only vote laws into effect.

 

Oh Lord, not this again....

That last part was probably poorly worded by me. I see both as people protesting rights being denied to them...

 

I see the same also but the reasons for each particular protest isn't comparable. Blacks were fighting for a chance to simply coexist in the south with whites and there were hundreds of people in power who abused their authority to deny blacks simple civil rights like drinking out of water fountain. IMO that is a whole other situation than same sex marriage.

I see the same also but the reasons for each particular protest isn't comparable. Blacks were fighting for a chance to simply coexist in the south with whites and there were hundreds of people http://bluegrasspreps.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5628318in power who abused their authority to deny blacks simple civil rights like drinking out of water fountain. IMO that is a whole other situation than same sex marriage.
That's why I came back with the poorly worded post. I didn't mean to equate the level of rights being denied as the same. Just the acts of protest to me are the same.

 

Both groups are protesting civil rights being denied to them.

So what did she violate to end up in the pokey and why hasn't she sued for false imprisonment? Isn't false imprisonment against the law or is it just something?

 

I have no idea. All I know is there is no federal law on the books and Bunning's jail sentence on Davis most likely wouldn't have stuck with a higher court.

 

The only reason the Bunning changed his mind and freed Davis is because he didn't want his ruling overturned.

Oh Lord, not this again....

 

Please tell me where I'm wrong.

They go to jail for violating the law.

 

Or for willfully disobeying the order of a judge. Want to get rid of contempt of court as something that can land somebody in a jail cell? Great. Lots of judges have agreed with you over the years. I'd probably agree with you. But for now, contempt of court gets you the stocks.

Please tell me where I'm wrong.

 

I promise I'll respond and won't just keep replying with questions, but for a baseline, can you tell me in your own words what you believe the role of the Supreme Court is?

Or for willfully disobeying the order of a judge. Want to get rid of contempt of court as something that can land somebody in a jail cell? Great. Lots of judges have agreed with you over the years. I'd probably agree with you. But for now, contempt of court gets you the stocks.

 

I don't really care if we get rid of it. My problem is the judicial supremacy that has happened, first at the SCOTUS and their newly created law (which they have no authority over). Second, Bunning going by the SCOTUS case, ignored KY law regarding gay marriage. Also, what's the point of the KY Religious Freedom Act if it isn't even going to be taken into consideration in court....is it not applicable in this case?

I promise I'll respond and won't just keep replying with questions, but for a baseline, can you tell me in your own words what you believe the role of the Supreme Court is?

 

Judicial review.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.