Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

Apparently people have some crazy thoughts on both sides of the issue. I just read a lot of pages and I'm shaking my head from people on both sides.

 

The only statement I will say is, I don't know how anyone could have a problem with how Judge Bunning handled this situation. I don't know if there are to many judges that could of handled it in such a professional and legal manner as he did.

 

She has every right to protest but her protest has consequences . She should of followed the Supreme Court ruling. But I also don't get the hate from some because she chose to protest based on her religious beliefs. She was punished for it but some of the hate coming out for the protest is ridiculous.

 

I disagree with her protest from a legal standpoint. But I'm not going to mock someone's religious convictions. As far as I can tell and I may have missed it I didn't hear her every say anything hateful.

 

 

Does she have to come out and say something hateful? She is denying people a basic human right because she believes they will burn for eternity because of who they are naturally attracted to. I don't understand how this is still a discussion. She can believe what she wants, just don't work for the Gov. and force your ways on others. How is denying someone a marriage license because they are gay not considered some type of hate or discrimination? She didn't have to say anything, her actions speak very clearly.

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently people have some crazy thoughts on both sides of the issue. I just read a lot of pages and I'm shaking my head from people on both sides.

 

The only statement I will say is, I don't know how anyone could have a problem with how Judge Bunning handled this situation. I don't know if there are to many judges that could of handled it in such a professional and legal manner as he did.

 

She has every right to protest but her protest has consequences . She should of followed the Supreme Court ruling. But I also don't get the hate from some because she chose to protest based on her religious beliefs. She was punished for it but some of the hate coming out for the protest is ridiculous.

 

I disagree with her protest from a legal standpoint. But I'm not going to mock someone's religious convictions. As far as I can tell and I may have missed it I didn't hear her every say anything hateful.

 

I think the mocking of her religious convictions is that due to the way she has lived her life, it can be concluded that she doesn't really have any religious convictions. Using her infidelity, multiple divorces, etc., as evidence that her convictions are only skin deep then it becomes easy to conclude that she is only paying lip service to those convictions in order to deny individuals that are different than her the same rights that she enjoys. It is one thing to be religious but it is a whole other issue to be a such ar large hypocrite.

Does she have to come out and say something hateful? She is denying people a basic human right because she believes they will burn for eternity because of who they are naturally attracted to. I don't understand how this is still a discussion. She can believe what she wants, just don't work for the Gov. and force your ways on others. How is denying someone a marriage license because they are gay not considered some type of hate or discrimination? She didn't have to say anything, her actions speak very clearly.

 

Someone can be against gay marriage not be hateful. It's an easy point to see.

The problem pro-gay marriage side has is labeling anyone who disagrees with them as hateful or bigot. That is part of the reason for the high tensions.

 

I'm on your side with the issue, I just don't buy into all the hype and name calling.

I think the mocking of her religious convictions is that due to the way she has lived her life, it can be concluded that she doesn't really have any religious convictions. Using her infidelity, multiple divorces, etc., as evidence that her convictions are only skin deep then it becomes easy to conclude that she is only paying lip service to those convictions in order to deny individuals that are different than her the same rights that she enjoys. It is one thing to be religious but it is a whole other issue to be a such ar large hypocrite.

 

It's my understanding she wasn't involved in the church or was reborn until her fourth marriage.

 

Your post is part of my point you are judging her and her convictions without knowing her. I don't claim to know her either or her motivations. I honestly don't care. She is breaking the law and Judge Bunning did the right thing.

 

Why get into the mud and start slinging. It does nothing the help the discussion.

Someone can be against gay marriage not be hateful. It's an easy point to see.

The problem pro-gay marriage side has is labeling anyone who disagrees with them as hateful or bigot. That is part of the reason for the high tensions.

 

I'm on your side with the issue, I just don't buy into all the hype and name calling.

 

Alright, I do agree with that. There doesn't need to be as much animosity as there is on the issue. I'll go ahead and say I called her scum and a hypocrite in a different thread but after a few days passed I no longer felt that way. After thinking about it I don't really care how she lived her life, people make mistakes.

Someone can be against gay marriage not be hateful. It's an easy point to see.

The problem pro-gay marriage side has is labeling anyone who disagrees with them as hateful or bigot. That is part of the reason for the high tensions.

 

I'm on your side with the issue, I just don't buy into all the hype and name calling.

 

You don't become a bigot for your beliefs until you act on those beliefs. Which is what she has done which is ironically against the law.

Now many people are attacking Shep Smith, Right Scoop has called him a "puke".

 

“This is the same crowd that says, ‘We don’t want Sharia law, don’t let them tell us what to do, keep their religion out of our lives and out of our government.'" - Shep Smith.

 

About Shep Smith: "What a puke. Christians simply want for the government to stay out of our Christian beliefs instead of imprisoning us when our beliefs go against the invented rights of a lawless Supreme Court. And then he calls us hypocrites for not wanting Muslim theocracy in our country, suggesting we want to push our Christian values on the government? Does he know anything about how this country was founded? Has he ever read the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence? What an idiot.” - The Right Scoop.

 

(shakes head), I don't even know where to begin on the quote from The Right Scoop.

You don't become a bigot for your beliefs until you act on those beliefs. Which is what she has done which is ironically against the law.

 

I'll just disagree that opposing same sex marriage makes you a bigot. I know many people on both sides of this issue and I wouldn't label any of them bigots.

I'll just disagree that opposing same sex marriage makes you a bigot. I know many people on both sides of this issue and I wouldn't label any of them bigots.

 

I think that you might've misunderstood PP92's point by a long shot.

I think that you might've misunderstood PP92's point by a long shot.

 

Not really. My point is her actions don't necessarily have to come from a point of hate or bigotry. It could be religious conviction. I don't think any of use no for sure. If she comes out and starts screaming gay slurs or death to LGBT the I'll agree she is bigot.

 

The only point that matters is she went against the supreme court ruling. She was properly punished and Judge Bunning did a wonderful job.

 

All the mud slinging and name calling does nothing for the conversation.

 

People can hold back the rhetoric of it gives KY I bad name . Call me crazy but if someone wants to define the actions of a few for millions of people I'm not to concerned of their opinion in the first place. I've always been of the mindset only I can define myself.

Not really. My point is her actions don't necessarily have to come from a point of hate or bigotry. It could be religious conviction. I don't think any of use no for sure. If she comes out and starts screaming gay slurs or death to LGBT the I'll agree she is bigot.

 

The only point that matters is she went against the supreme court ruling. She was properly punished and Judge Bunning did a wonderful job.

 

All the mud slinging and name calling does nothing for the conversation.

 

People can hold back the rhetoric of it gives KY I bad name . Call me crazy but if someone wants to define the actions of a few for millions of people I'm not to concerned of their opinion in the first place. I've always been of the mindset only I can define myself.

If someone's religious conviction is that interracial marriage is wrong what would you call that person? What if their religious conviction is that woman are the inferior sex?
If someone's religious conviction is that interracial marriage is wrong what would you call that person? What if their religious conviction is that woman are the inferior sex?

 

I'm not playing the what if game.

 

These are religious convictions held by millions of people across the globe . Some of those people are bigots but not all or most . You can disagree with the concept of same sex marriage and not be a bigot.

 

If you hate gay people for being gay you are a bigot. But that isn't what we are talking about.

Anti-Gay Marriage Court Clerk Kim Davis May Get Sued For Using Survivor’s “Eye Of The Tiger” In Her Post-Jail Press Conference

 

Kim Davis draws rebuke from Eye of the Tiger band after song plays at rally | US news | The Guardian

 

 

The band Survivor has objected to the use of its song Eye of the Tiger during a rally celebrating the release of Rowan county clerk Kim Davis, who was jailed for six days after refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

 

“NO! We did not grant Kim Davis any rights to use ‘My Tune -The Eye Of The Tiger,’” they wrote on their verified Facebook page on Tuesday.

 

Good...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.