Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

These are religious convictions held by millions of people across the globe ..

 

aka "pretty much the worst argument ever..."

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really. My point is her actions don't necessarily have to come from a point of hate or bigotry. It could be religious conviction. I don't think any of use no for sure. If she comes out and starts screaming gay slurs or death to LGBT the I'll agree she is bigot.

 

The only point that matters is she went against the supreme court ruling. She was properly punished and Judge Bunning did a wonderful job.

 

All the mud slinging and name calling does nothing for the conversation.

 

People can hold back the rhetoric of it gives KY I bad name . Call me crazy but if someone wants to define the actions of a few for millions of people I'm not to concerned of their opinion in the first place. I've always been of the mindset only I can define myself.

 

Someone can be a bigot without considering themselves one which is often the case. How often do you hear of people admitting to being a bigot? She breaks the law by denying others their entitled rights because of her religious convictions. She's free to have religious beliefs but in her position not free to play God with those beliefs where others are being denied and cheated of their rights because of her opinions that can't even be proven. That's a bit insane, bold and pretty darn close to the definition of bigotry. Of course if one were to side with her they're not likely to see it either. She can think and believe how she does all that she wants, but when she acts on it discriminating others then that's bigotry.

 

How in the world do we go through 30 pages in this thread and people still don't get it. No one's denying anyone of religious beliefs, but those who think they're being denied because they can't crap on others with their beliefs is so ridiculously shortsighted that it's not even funny. These same Christians screaming for these special rights would also be the first to boneheadedly deny other religious people of others religions the same special rights. Almost embarrasses me to say that I was raised a Christian considering how many backward idiots there are within many of its various branches.

aka "pretty much the worst argument ever..."

 

It wasn't an argument , it was a statement of fact. Correct me if I'm wrong you are 9ne of the resident atheists. Nothing wrong with that , but I also understand why you wouldn't value religious conviction.

Anti

 

 

Paging Bruce Springsteen and Ronald Reagan.

This is what is in front of the Rowan Co Courthouse now. Some people just want to continue to shove their beliefs downs others throats and deny others of their rights, no matter what. It doesn't matter to them if Kim Davis is involved or not, it doesn't matter if her name is on the paperwork or not (that is just another excuse). The sign is wrong, as the deputies issue all marriage licenses are the ones follow the law.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52235[/ATTACH]

 

The Guy in the Hat and the other Dude were both on site in Ft Thomas on Monday in front of Judge Bunning's house. The Dude in the back had a pretty spirited Discussion with one of BGP's very own about why he was in Ft Thomas. He wouldn't really answer the Questions we had for him. He even smiled when our guy asked him for his own Address so he could travel to N.C. and stand in front of his House to return the favor. The Dude called our guy "Righteous"

Edited by THUNDERBIRDS

I'll just disagree that opposing same sex marriage makes you a bigot. I know many people on both sides of this issue and I wouldn't label any of them bigots.

 

Opposing it doesn't make you a bigot. Acting on it does. She is in a position of authority and used her authority to prevent homosexuals from being married even though the law allows it. That's being a bigot.

 

She can oppose same sex marriage without preventing it from taking place.

 

And yes the same sex couple could have and should have stayed in Ohio to get married instead of coming to Rowan County to prove a point and further their agenda.

Someone can be a bigot without considering themselves one which is often the case. How often do you hear of people admitting to being a bigot? She breaks the law by denying others their entitled rights because of her religious convictions. She's free to have religious beliefs but in her position not free to play God with those beliefs where others are being denied and cheated of their rights because of her opinions that can't even be proven. That's a bit insane, bold and pretty darn close to the definition of bigotry. Of course if one were to side with her they're not likely to see it either. She can think and believe how she does all that she wants, but when she acts on it discriminating others then that's bigotry.

 

How in the world do we go through 30 pages in this thread and people still don't get it. No one's denying anyone of religious beliefs, but those who think they're being denied because they can't crap on others with their beliefs is so ridiculously shortsighted that it's not even funny. These same Christians screaming for these special rights would also be the first to boneheadedly deny other religious people of others religions the same special rights. Almost embarrasses me to say that I was raised a Christian considering how many backward idiots there are within many of its various branches.

 

Where did I say anyone denied religious beliefs? I'm pretty sure I've stated I was on the side of Judge Bunning .

 

Your first paragraph does not describe a bigot.

 

I make one simple post about how some are mud slinging and sending out personal attacks when they are unneeded and now people are arguing with me someone who agreed with the Supreme Court ruling.

 

Do some of you not see how crazy and almost zealot like that is ? We wonder why there is a divide in this country lol.

It wasn't an argument , it was a statement of fact. Correct me if I'm wrong you are 9ne of the resident atheists. Nothing wrong with that , but I also understand why you wouldn't value religious conviction.
That's not the part I don't value. It's the "millions of people" part. "Millions of people" have shared some really crappy ideas over the years...
Do these people have jobs? School? I couldn't find time to protest even if I wanted to (which I don't)

 

See the Child crawling on the ground? That was most disturbing on Monday when they were in Ft Thomas. Even a young male adult about 11 or 12 while leaving yelled out...."See yall tomorrow"

Opposing it doesn't make you a bigot. Acting on it does. She is in a position of authority and used her authority to prevent homosexuals from being married even though the law allows it. That's being a bigot.

 

She can oppose same sex marriage without preventing it from taking place.

 

And yes the same sex couple could have and should have stayed in Ohio to get married instead of coming to Rowan County to prove a point and further their agenda.

 

I don't even think the same sex couple should of stayed in Ohio. I'm fine with them taking a stand .

 

If in her heart of hearts she didn't think she could sign it without affecting her relationship with God then that's her conviction. She should of stepped down if she couldn't fulfill her duties of office. Instead we allowed our judicial system to work and Bunning made good level headed decisions and have a working conclusion.

 

I'm just not jumping to bigot and name calling. All that does is make people defensive and does nothing for conversation.

It wasn't an argument , it was a statement of fact. Correct me if I'm wrong you are 9ne of the resident atheists. Nothing wrong with that , but I also understand why you wouldn't value religious conviction.
Maybe it wasn't an argument in and of itself but you were using it as validation for an argument.
The Guy in the Hat and the other Dude were both on site in Ft Thomas on Monday in front of Judge Bunning's house. The Dude in the back had a pretty spirited Discussion with one of BGP's very own about why he was in Ft Thomas. He wouldn't really answer the Questions we had for him. He even smiled when our guy asked him for his own Address so he could travel to N.C. to and stand in front of his House to return the favor. The Dude called our guy "Righteous"

 

As in a "Righteous Dude?" :D

Where did I say anyone denied religious beliefs? I'm pretty sure I've stated I was on the side of Judge Bunning .

 

Your first paragraph does not describe a bigot.

 

I make one simple post about how some are mud slinging and sending out personal attacks when they are unneeded and now people are arguing with me someone who agreed with the Supreme Court ruling.

 

Do some of you not see how crazy and almost zealot like that is ? We wonder why there is a divide in this country lol.

 

Do you not see how crazy it is for you to assume that I was saying that you said any of that? I was discussing Kim and some other Christians with their backward thinking. I only responded to your ideas on bigotry and added my feelings towards religious beliefs and religious bigotry but was not taking aim at you personally. If you're taking it personally that's on you and your misunderstanding of what I said.

 

Ease up and chill the hell out and careful not to insert your assumptions to other people's posts while you read them, and that is aimed at you.

If we want to use the textbook definition of "bigot" this conversation could get really interesting.

 

But I know most of the people and maybe all of you aren't bigots from our other conversations. The point in my post what just to say let's town down rhetoric and name calling.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.