Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

You say they didn't create a new law.

 

Gay marriage is considered federal law -- who wrote it?

 

Even Justice Roberts stated "The majority's decision is an act of will, not legal judgment. The right it announces has no basis in the Constitution or this Court's precedent..." He went on to say his decision was based on judicial restraint.

 

Do you not share Roberts' legal concerns of how we got here?

 

And for the record, I'm fine with the result, just don't agree with the means.

 

No one wrote a law legalizing gay marriage here. The marriage regulations and laws in some states made certain unions illegal. The court didn't write a law, it said that some laws certain states passed don't pass constitutional muster under equal protection, due process, or full faith and credit. Now if you want to go back even further to when the courts first started declaring fundamental rights under the Fourteenth Amendment, we're closer to writing new law, but even that's fairly well established at this point.

 

Roberts is certainly the king of restraint. He deferred to congress on the ACA and numerous other bills. His philosophy is not shared by all judges. Reasonable people have always differed on matters of jurisprudence.

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually think the Christians are saying if the Government law tells them to go against the Biblical law they will not do it. Nothing more.

Who was told that they had to go against Biblical law?

Remember how I, and others asked when Huckabee will go rally behind that Muslim flight attendant? Apparently the freedom of religion at the workplace only applies to Christians. Huckabee is a fraud! And THIS is why it's very dangerous what they are doing, they want THIER beliefs shoved down others throats, and they either get all upset when people of other religions want the same rights or ignore their plight.

 

We Saw This Coming: Huckabee Won?t Say If Religious Freedom Extends To Muslim Flight Attendant | FreakOutNation

Remember how I, and others asked when Huckabee will go rally behind that Muslim flight attendant? Apparently the freedom of religion at the workplace only applies to Christians. Huckabee is a fraud! And THIS is why it's very dangerous what they are doing, they want THIER beliefs shoved down others throats, and they either get all upset when people of other religions want the same rights or ignore their plight.

 

We Saw This Coming: Huckabee Won?t Say If Religious Freedom Extends To Muslim Flight Attendant | FreakOutNation

 

Of course he won't. He'll end up huckabeeing himself.

 

Did I use that right?

And as I and others mentioned yesterday the front man for Survivor isn't happy, and just slapped Kim Davis and Huckabee with a $1.5 million suit for using his song without permission. That is one strong organization, the music industry, they mean business when you use a song without their permission.

Of course he won't. He'll end up huckabeeing himself.

 

Did I use that right?

 

But he is now on record "sort of".

 

I would love to see the flight attendant ask him for his help and watch him make excuses.

But he is now on record "sort of".

 

I would love to see the flight attendant ask him for his help and watch him make excuses.

 

See, what had happened was....

You are correct regarding public schools etc. I was referencing private segregation (businesses) which the Civil Rights Act abolished.

 

Prior to 1964 the Supreme Court ruling was all there was.

Of course he won't. He'll end up huckabeeing himself.

 

Did I use that right?

 

You didn't use it left.

Free at last!

Free at last!

Thank God Almighty!

She's free at last!

  • Author
So you're saying the SCOTUS ruling has been codified into law? Can you please give me a link?

 

I could have sworn Congress can only vote laws into effect.

 

Marvel, I know others have posted accurate responses to some of your claims.

 

On the above, the mistake you make is thinking that each state's entire marriage law is now invalid and that each state now MUST write new marriage laws.

 

Incorrect.

 

SCOTUS did not MAKE a marriage law. They simply said that IF a state's marriage law includes a ban on same-sex marriage then THAT PIECE is no longer valid. The rest is. Carry on.

 

As I've mentioned previously in this thread the same thing happened in 1967 with Virginia v Loving. SCOTUS struck down the PART of the marriage law that forbade interracial marriages. Virginia did not have to quickly write a new law. Their existing law sans the interracial marriage ban were still in effect.

 

The ONLY argument you could possibly make is IF the 5 who voted to overturn the ban used a logical interpretation of existing consitutional law to do so. I'm not smart enough to even get into into that debate.

Non-attorneys arguing constitutional law with sound bites and talking points is tough sledding.

 

Did anyone see Matt Bevin and Alan Dershowitz on CNN? It wasn't pretty.

If you are against same-sex marriage it doesn't make you bigoted or hateful, it just means you have a warped view on things, JMO.

 

If you act on those beliefs and work to ban allowing gay couples to marry, then yes I consider you a bigot and hateful.

 

As for the poster who said people aren't better than Kim Davis. Sorry, I absolutely believe I'm better than someone who works to deny equality and equal rights to another based on their sexual orientation. Same applies to those who work to deny these things based on race, ethnicity, religion, or gender.

If you are against same-sex marriage it doesn't make you bigoted or hateful, it just means you have a warped view on things, JMO.

 

If you act on those beliefs and work to ban allowing gay couples to marry, then yes I consider you a bigot and hateful.

 

As for the poster who said people aren't better than Kim Davis. Sorry, I absolutely believe I'm better than someone who works to deny equality and equal rights to another based on their sexual orientation. Same applies to those who work to deny these things based on race, ethnicity, religion, or gender.

 

Agree 100% with everything in this post.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.