St Henry 3 Newport Central Catholic 1

hoops5

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Henry played well offensively tonight. They are still trying to figure things out defensively. First half was pretty much all St Henry. 2 goals scored. Sanders and Neltner. They really played a nice game together and really pressured the defense throughout the whole game. Second half NCC came out with a lot of energy and St Henry did not match the intensity. NCC got a goal of a free kick by Muck about 10 mins in. The game then went back and forth with chances missed by both teams. Finally Sanders came through with about 5 mins to go with a goal. Assist from Manahan who got that assist on pure hustle. NCC plays very hard but St Henry was just too much offensively for them.

Was St. Henry good, or was NCC bad? I know a lot of schools lost some very strong seniors. Considering Cov Cath beat St. H 5-1 a couple of weeks ago...

Not to nitpick but it was 5-0.

Surprising result given that NCC has 4 of the top 10 players in N. Ky.

I love watching Sanders. Runs at the defense the WHOLE game and if a CB gets the ball, he is right on them to pressure them. He alleviates a lot of the pressure on his defense b/c holding mids and CBs really have to get rid of the ball quickly and it makes it tough for teams to hold possession building from the back.

St Henry played well offensively tonight. They are still trying to figure things out defensively. First half was pretty much all St Henry. 2 goals scored. Sanders and Neltner. They really played a nice game together and really pressured the defense throughout the whole game. Second half NCC came out with a lot of energy and St Henry did not match the intensity. NCC got a goal of a free kick by Muck about 10 mins in. The game then went back and forth with chances missed by both teams. Finally Sanders came through with about 5 mins to go with a goal. Assist from Manahan who got that assist on pure hustle. NCC plays very hard but St Henry was just too much offensively for them.

Not sure I agree with you on everything here. I agree that St Hernry dominated the first half but only had a couple legit scoring chances. First goal was an offsides that got reversed by the center. I think they ended up getting called offsides 8-9 more times throughout the match after that so clearly there was a trend there. Second half definately belonged to NCC with 3-4 good strong shots sailing over the net that easily could have gone in if on frame. I didnt think Henry looked as solid offensively in the second half. The other two goals Henry scored were nice goals and well played balls with nice finish. NCC moved Muck from center mid to striker at half and a lot more chances were created. Had NCC come out with that formation and the same intensity as the second half the outcome could easily have been different. Officiating was terrible as well but I have learned to expect.