St Henry 3 Newport Central Catholic 1

hoops5

Consistency is a dirty word that only goes so far. No professional league around the world is officiated consistently why would you think high school soccer would be. The game is tailored slightly to fit the situation which can change even throughout the match. Just saying. I think what you are really saying is you don't like rigidity. That is refs that call it their way and don't learn the changes that need to be made from game to game and minute to minute.

As far as the guy talking to the CCH player about the shot. I would say no he probably shouldn't have done that but depending how he presented it maybe it was ok. The difference between "Really?! Rubbing it in aren't we?" Versus a quiet word of "Hey how would you feel on their side of this game? Don't Make them so mad they are willing to get someone hurt."

Was this game at CCH, I think I glossed over that part?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick follow up to my original post. It's just my opinion and I'm not perfect but I think I talked about the good from St Henry side and also stated good aspects of NCC. I stated goals made not attempts on goal. I did not speak in could've, would've should've. And yes NCC had several opportunities in this game but only finished one. I'm sure St Henry goalie would love to have that one back. He stops that 99 out of 100 times. If we're talking in terms of maybes then this score could've been all over the place. Could've been 3-1 which it was. Could've tied. Could've been 8-0 St Henry. Could've been 6-0 NCC. You get the point. St Henry did a better job of finishing end of story. May be different next game. In reference to the offsides. Refs did a nice job of conferring on the play and in the end they got the call right. Just reviewed the video. Sanders on side by 4-5 feet. The outside mid was off but was not involved with the play. Good job by AR and CR on this one. Also if a player puts his hands on someone and extends them he will most likely get a foul called on him. Happened both ways all game. Thought CR controlled that well.

Cru keeper Tate Johnson gets my vote for MVP of that game.

I was at the game and both teams were physical. It seemed that every time there was a header they were both pushing, but the NCC players kept falling to the ground on after the contact and the St Henry boys just kept playing. I don't know if you consider that flopping or just not being strong enough to handle the contact. Every time the ball went out or they didn't get something their way they argued with the ref and held there arms in the air.On the parents side there was one NCC loud mouth screaming the entire game even making a comment about the centers wife and cooking or something. I unfortunately was in front of the NCC parent section and they complained about every single call and screamed at the ref. Home cooking is all i heard for 40 minutes like St Henry brought in their own refs for the game. I moved the second half before i said something You're adults grow up. Sorry for the frustration but the way some people act at a kids soccer game is ridiculous.

Edited by Z89

Z89, it was only one kid holding his arms up and complaining about calls. Also, it was only one adult complaining about the calls the ENTIRE game (there was another one that made a few nasty comments, but he didn't continue throughout the entire game). One of the "loud mouths" was in front of me and one was behind me and I know exactly who they are. Don't make blanket statements about an entire team and an entire parent section based on a few. I have never been to a soccer game with perfect fans, so let's not start trying to make one school look bad based an a very small percentage of people.

Z89, it was only one kid holding his arms up and complaining about calls. Also, it was only one adult complaining about the calls the ENTIRE game (there was another one that made a few nasty comments, but he didn't continue throughout the entire game). One of the "loud mouths" was in front of me and one was behind me and I know exactly who they are. Don't make blanket statements about an entire team and an entire parent section based on a few. I have never been to a soccer game with perfect fans, so let's not start trying to make one school look bad based an a very small percentage of people.

St Henry fans were very vocal at Highlands. All groups have them

I guess we have our opinions and i sat a row in front of majority of the fans and i heard it the whole first half and when i moved i was still close enough to hear the rest of the game. And you are wrong there were multiple players complaining and one ended up giving a cheap shot and got a yellow for it. I really don't care but any fan that screams like the guy that sat in front of you and talks about a refs family shouldn't be allowed in any game. Sorry i wouldn't condone that from any fan even a Crusader fan. You can defend that how every you want and that is your right but I don't have to agree with it. I really don't care either way about NCC or any other school but when fans act that way i have my opinions. Sorry if it makes your school look bad.

How is NCC Granny doing , anyway? No place to sit behind the benches at St. H or NCC, like at the CCH Frosh game, so I guess she was in the stands.........

:popcorn:

I really don't care but any fan that screams like the guy that sat in front of you and talks about a refs family shouldn't be allowed in any game. Sorry i wouldn't condone that from any fan even a Crusader fan. You can defend that how every you want and that is your right but I don't have to agree with it.

I believe that my point was that it wasn't the entire fan base. I never once condoned or defended the poor behavior.

Hmm... Not sure why such a benign comment has hoops5 so agitated. But I will explain my thinking. The 4-5 boys that play defensively have never played together as a back 4 until this year. It's a hard game to play and then you have 4 trying to play together as one. It's tough. I was not putting any players down at all and if that's the way it was taken that was not the intent. I think these defenders are all good players. Also with Tate Johnson. I said this on a previous post I think he could be considered in the top 10 in the region and am one of his biggest supporters.

Hmm... Not sure why such a benign comment has hoops5 so agitated. But I will explain my thinking. The 4-5 boys that play defensively have never played together as a back 4 until this year. It's a hard game to play and then you have 4 trying to play together as one. It's tough. I was not putting any players down at all and if that's the way it was taken that was not the intent. I think these defenders are all good players. Also with Tate Johnson. I said this on a previous post I think he could be considered in the top 10 in the region and am one of his biggest supporters.

Huh? It was just question. And you gave a great explanation. Thanks.:thumb:

So agitated? Did I miss something. All I saw was a question.