Everything posted by w2848
-
St. Henry 4 Boone County 0
A sweep for St. Henry. I believe Freshmen 2-0, and JV 6-0, not 100% sure but I know the Cru won all.
- St. Henry 4 Boone County 0
-
College signings
Most D1 or D2 schools aren't remotely interested in high school soccer. If they have already been scouting a club player they might check them out at a high school game. There is no comparison between a top level, hand picked club team and a high school team. Even a good school with a traditionally strong soccer program pales in comparison to a good club team.
-
Region 9 halftime updates,,,,,,
Cooper 4. St. Henry 1 with about 15 mins left in the game. I believe all 4 Cooper goals were from Adam Snow.
-
Covington Catholic 4 Holy Cross 0
Final
-
Campbell County 4 Scott 2
I think this is the first time I've ever seen a thread with Scott in the title that has no comments at all.
-
St. Henry 2 Dunbar 0
Seems like some people begrudge Cru their win. Petty remarks about Dunbar's best player not playng, "diminutive" kids... Messi/Barca... Come on people, how about accepting that St. Henry was the better team on the night. Well done Cru!
-
Covington Catholic 0 Ryle 0
Even without Day and Massie I'm still surprised at that result.
- Covington Catholic 6 Boone County 0
-
Top NKY Players (take 2)
I like seeing Gesenhues on your list, he is a very good player and often doesn't get the credit he deserves.
-
Bishop Brossart 4 St Henry 2
What's happening with the Cru...?
-
Scott v Holy Cross
I believe their starting keeper is out because of a red card.
-
Letcher County Central 24 Buckhorn 0
That has got to be so demoralizing for the team. Maybe it's time to cancel their soccer program...
-
Letcher County Central 24 Buckhorn 0
I had a look at the Buckhorn stats, they are badly beaten in each match.
-
Letcher County Central 24 Buckhorn 0
Bad sportsmanship to keep scoring like that. They mustn't use the mercy rule.
-
Daviess County Panther Classic
I doubt that everyone is aware you're Morgan's mom. Not even oldtimebaseball84 is that famous...
-
Boone County 2 Lexington Catholic 1
That score is not what I expected.
-
Newport Catholic @ Ryle Predictions
If this forum bothers you so much why do you continue to be part of it? Let the moderators do their job. If you think a comment or thread is over the top, report it. Also, a lot of high school kids aren't as delicate and thin skinned as you might think. Kids that play high level club soccer are used to having their strengths and weaknesses pointed out frequently, and loudly, by their coach and team mates.
-
Top 10 NKY players
Imo it means he was a good player. They faced tough competition, unlike some teams who had kids who scored 16 or 18 goals, and assists in the high 20s. It's all relative...
-
Top 10 NKY players
Day is a real athlete. He has a great knowledge of the beautiful game, and makes it look effortless at times. I would not be surprised if some colleges are hoping to pick him up for their swim team also, he had a heck of a good high school swim season last year. On top of that he is one of the nicest kids you could meet, and no, I'm not related to him!
-
Top 10 NKY players
Carter Kunstek of St. Henry should be in, or close to, the top 10. He is a solid and reliable defender, and has a very good "read" of the game. Very vocal, but usually in a positive way. He's only a sophomore but has been a varsity starter since the start of freshman year.
-
Cooper 5 Campbell County 4
YC, thanks for the great match analysis. I agree, it's unfair to punish kids by making them run sprints after a game. Especially in warm, humid weather. What does the coach hope to achieve by doing that? Or perhaps it was not a punishment for losing, maybe for some other infraction we don't know about.
-
Simon Kenton 4 Scott 3
I'm surprised at that score line. I would have thought Scott would have no trouble beating SK. The season might get more interesting when Scott has to face tough teams. They've had it pretty easy up until now. Although with so many teams having lost a lot of last year's strong seniors, this could be a "nice" year for some teams...
-
St Henry 3 Newport Central Catholic 1
So agitated? Did I miss something. All I saw was a question.
- Covington Catholic 5 St. Henry 0