Simon Kenton 4 Scott 3

Stepover

Fun game to watch, two teams that wanted the win very bad. Morgan scored a goal to give the Eagles a head start with 24:50 left in the first half then number 9 for SK scored the equalizer with 15 left. SK took the lead when number 6 scored with 12 minutes left in the half. Morgan equalized with a near 43 seconds left. Coming into the second half Morgan scores giving Scott the lead 3-2 and giving Morgan the well deserved hat trick. Number 7 for SK scored the equalizer with just under 10 minutes in the second half. This game went straight to PK's and after nearly 10 PKs ( per school ) Simon Kenton won 9-8 in the shoutout. Each Goalie made 1 save and they were great moments for those men. Morgan is a great player and I haven't seen that kind of play and sportsmanship mixed from Scott or any school for that matter in so long, class act tonight. Everyone should be proud, an exciting night of soccer.

Why did this go to PK's? This wasn't a district game. Heck, neither team is in the same region.

This game is set up like a cross-town shoot out between the two schools, there is a traveling trophy sponsored by ISC therefore a winner is required. There is no overtime the game just goes straight to PK's.

I'm surprised at that score line. I would have thought Scott would have no trouble beating SK. The season might get more interesting when Scott has to face tough teams. They've had it pretty easy up until now. Although with so many teams having lost a lot of last year's strong seniors, this could be a "nice" year for some teams...

I would agree with w2848, based on the some of the results, such as this weekend's Scott/Simon Kenton and St.Henry/Holy Cross results the season will be very interesting. Other than CCH, at the moment is appears there is a lot parity due to a smaller pool of really good impact players.

Again, like the Brossart/NCC game, this result doesn't surprise me. CCH played Simon Kenton and while they won 5-1, it wasn't exactly a walkover game. Scott's defense (other than their keeper) looked very porous to me when I saw them play at Soccerama. I'd put both of these teams in the middle of the pack probably in N. Ky.

One minor correction... PK tally was 8-7. CJ had one save and SK put one over the crossbar. Adi had 3 saves.

Good summary stepover. Morgan was absolutely a class act. Didn't matter the nature of the foul. Always there to help an opposing player up... even during the run of play.