Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County/Highlands Predictions

Who do you think wins this game? 84 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

    • Campbell County
      32%
      27
    • Highlands
      67%
      57

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 159
  • Views 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happened back to back in the early 2000's.

 

Henry Clay and Male I believe.

I would expect to see Highlands not roll the pocket as often as they did. That was where they had the vast majority of their issues in the 1st half, throwing the ball. Hergott looked much more comfortable dropping back into a pocket. I'd also expect to see more receivers catching the ball in space, perhaps more screens? This doesn't appear to be a team that has a Veneman type that can create separation. They will need to be schemed open a little more.

2001 AND 2002. Back to back same 2 schools.

This should be a good one. I go with Birds by a TD in a 4 TD or less game.

 

However....should Campbell win, we can finally put the CCHS beat HHS at HHS in '85 group to bed...honestly, who brings up a win from 30 years ago so frequently ?

Birds by 7 to get on track at home

This should be a good one. I go with Birds by a TD in a 4 TD or less game.

 

However....should Campbell win, we can finally put the CCHS beat HHS at HHS in '85 group to bed...honestly, who brings up a win from 30 years ago so frequently ?

 

Well, you have twice just today! Just sayin'

Well, you have twice just today! Just sayin'

Hahaha

Well, you have twice just today! Just sayin'

 

Never let it be said that I won't let tradition die...I only do it for your love interest...foolish Cake Eater

I think Plessinger has really come along. East Central is a strong program, bigger size school I believe. And the Camels looked good at times. I'm just not sure they can overcome the confidence Highlands players will have. If the Camels get down they will likely have a hard time believing they can win (cause its Highlands). If the Birds get down they will fight to the bitter end believing they can/should win. For that reason I have to think the Birds have the edge.

 

Although Highlands loss to Cooper has deflated many a players view of the legend that is Highlands - so maybe they come out knowing they can win! Let's hope so!

It sounded like Hhs had trouble Protecting their QB, and he is not near as mobile as last years. Without a really star RB, I would say most teams are going to pin their ears back and come after the QB until Hhs figures that out. Does CC have a good D up front.

I watched Highlands last 30 of practice today. You talk about trying to find focus. It was all conditioning! All Garbage cans at DCM were in use today. Highlands will be fine.....

I watched Highlands last 30 of practice today. You talk about trying to find focus. It was all conditioning! All Garbage cans at DCM were in use today. Highlands will be fine.....

 

It sounds like they are reverting back to some older methods, glad to hear that.

I would expect to see Highlands not roll the pocket as often as they did. That was where they had the vast majority of their issues in the 1st half, throwing the ball. Hergott looked much more comfortable dropping back into a pocket. I'd also expect to see more receivers catching the ball in space, perhaps more screens? This doesn't appear to be a team that has a Veneman type that can create separation. They will need to be schemed open a little more.

 

This is exactly what I hope to see and more north and south running by the RB's. Right now, this team needs to focus on positive yardage on every play. They don't appear to be a team that can take a lot of chances in not getting positive yards. Meaning they don't seem to have the ability to pull off very many second and third long yardage situations. Hopefully that changes and they gain more confidence. But showing they have the ability to grind out yardage (by running or short passing game) is huge this week IMO.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.