Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County/Highlands Predictions

Who do you think wins this game? 84 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

    • Campbell County
      32%
      27
    • Highlands
      67%
      57

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

at least if CCHS beats Highlands its a Highlands guy at the helm. Would Lickert be "the next guy in line" behind Weinrich in the HHS HC waiting list?? - not that I want Weinrich out... he has 20 years or so to go.

  • Replies 159
  • Views 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to see more short 3 step drop throws by Hergott to get him some confidence. The problem is Highlands doesnt run any crossing routes it appears. They also do not throw to a TE.

 

Screens may be the best way to get him some rythmn and allow the running game to get going.

 

The days of rolling left and rolling right....setting up and launching bombs is over. That is unless Hergott can get out there quicker and the line can pass block more efficiently. I think Hergott has the arm for those throws and the WR's have the speed to get behind the DB's. I just question the length of time it takes to get him out there and the line holding their blocks.

I watched Highlands last 30 of practice today. You talk about trying to find focus. It was all conditioning! All Garbage cans at DCM were in use today. Highlands will be fine.....

 

Did that include JV? Apparently, they didn't lack focus on Sat against Cooper's JV? Did you notice any JV players running with Varsity? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect on Friday.

 

Glad to hear conditioning has been re-implemented. Few of those boys need it.

I am shocked that conditioning is an issue. My son used to dread the days BW was in charge of conditioning.

I am shocked that conditioning is an issue. My son used to dread the days BW was in charge of conditioning.

 

I understand they were not running as much this year. Unsure why but it sounds like that has changed. I'd hate to be the guy squirting out those garbage cans.

BW used to have some of the craziest methods for conditioning... I had heard though that he was trying to get some thicker bodies for the team instead of running them into the ground all summer.

Birds will rebound and win.

 

Birds 10

Camels 7

@Qryche11 I dont think either teams defense is that good this early in the season to keep the score that low, however it could be a FG type game. With that said, which team has the better FG kicker?

@Qryche11 I dont think either teams defense is that good this early in the season to keep the score that low, however it could be a FG type game. With that said, which team has the better FG kicker?

 

Birds clearly have the better kicker in Daugherty. He is a 4 yr letterman and has Div 1 schools contacting him. I just dont think the Camels have big play capability like Cooper. I think it will be a grind em out type game and the Birds may still see some growing pains on offense. Im sticking with my 10-7 score. I hope its a much wider margin for the Birds.

I watched Highlands last 30 of practice today. You talk about trying to find focus. It was all conditioning! All Garbage cans at DCM were in use today. Highlands will be fine.....

 

It sounds like they are reverting back to some older methods, glad to hear that.

 

Did that include JV? Apparently, they didn't lack focus on Sat against Cooper's JV? Did you notice any JV players running with Varsity? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect on Friday.

 

Glad to hear conditioning has been re-implemented. Few of those boys need it.

 

I understand they were not running as much this year. Unsure why but it sounds like that has changed. I'd hate to be the guy squirting out those garbage cans.

 

So if you can summarize your guys 4 post by saying that Highlands is now doing what it should have been doing since January? Doesnt make sense to me that top tier program like Highlands wouldn't be in shape for the season.

I understand they were not running as much this year. Unsure why but it sounds like that has changed. I'd hate to be the guy squirting out those garbage cans.

For the sake of those Garbage cans and the poor manager that has to hose them out, I hope Highlands wins this Friday.

So if you can summarize your guys 4 post by saying that Highlands is now doing what it should have been doing since January? Doesnt make sense to me that top tier program like Highlands wouldn't be in shape for the season.

 

They more than likely have been working hard since January but its possible that once the season starts they cut back on conditioning. I have heard of this with many teams to save their legs.

I would like to see more short 3 step drop throws by Hergott to get him some confidence. The problem is Highlands doesnt run any crossing routes it appears. They also do not throw to a TE.

 

Screens may be the best way to get him some rythmn and allow the running game to get going.

 

The days of rolling left and rolling right....setting up and launching bombs is over. That is unless Hergott can get out there quicker and the line can pass block more efficiently. I think Hergott has the arm for those throws and the WR's have the speed to get behind the DB's. I just question the length of time it takes to get him out there and the line holding their blocks.

 

Crossing routes or some combo routes would help. They didn't use the middle 1/3rd on Friday very much. I, obviously, don't know if that was by design or missed reads. Either way, emphasis on that will keep the linebackers honest. Additionally, I'd scrap the trip formation where one wr covers another on the line. All that does is eliminate the inside receiver from being able to go out for a pass and scream sweep this side. Of course, my next game as an O Coordinator will be my first.

I'm going with the Camels by 14, shock the world!

I seen a couple Jv players playing Saturday who also seen playing time Friday night. My guess was to give the Varsity a breather.

I seen a couple Jv players playing Saturday who also seen playing time Friday night. My guess was to give the Varsity a breather.

 

Are you for Real?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.