1A #2 Raceland vs. West Carter Predictions

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Im interested to see how our special teams look. That has been our weak point consistently over the years. Looks like Will Hale is a good place kicker, but I wonder if we have anyone who can kick field goals. I hate seeing us facing a 4th and 5+ inside the 20 and not having a consistent option to put safe points on the board. We could have used the 9 points against Ashland last year that ended up being turnover on downs 3 times inside the 10 yard line. Losing Messer as a punter is a blow as well. He pinned alot of teams inside the 10 last year.

Kickoffs also concern me. You cant really afford giving teams like Ashland, Valley, Paintsville, and the other teams we will see late in the playoffs the ball at or around the 40, it puts a great deal of pressure on the defense.

I do believe, however, that our offense will be able to control the tempo and slow the game down when we need to though in that regaurd. Lord, is it game time yet?

Have they looked into the soccer team? If you can convince a kid to come up and kick maybe once or twice a week and play during the games you could have a good kicker. Kicking a soccer ball is not the same as kicking a field goal but some adjustments and those kids already have the legs

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they looked into the soccer team? If you can convince a kid to come up and kick maybe once or twice a week and play during the games you could have a good kicker. Kicking a soccer ball is not the same as kicking a field goal but some adjustments and those kids already have the legs

Last year Belfry's excellent kicker was lost for the majority of the regular season and playoffs with an injury.

Belfry got two kids to join from the soccer team mid-season. They had to sit out some games initially until everything was cleared by the KHSAA, but once they joined one specialized in Kickoffs and the other in Field Goals/ XP's

It wasn't as if suddenly Belfry found two superstar kickers who were booming touchbacks and 50 yards FG's... but both did an adequate job and Belfry didn't come close to losing games based off their inability.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Raceland has a soccer program.

Not according to Little Ram. My post was #63 and his was post #64 .

I am saying that the kids that were at Raceland when Maynard was the head coach have stayed their amidst his vacation.

Also, I have spoke not about the carpets at all in this thread.

I am a firm believer that Raceland can beat anyone on their schedule by 20+ points, including Ashland. But this is only possible if they come ready to play. Raceland can be a dang good team this year, possibly the best in school history, but they MUST come ready to play each and every week and overlook no one. I believe Salmons will have the Rams ready for Friday and not for next Friday.

I am holding my prediction:

Rams 55

Comets 12

DO NOT USE THE "S" word! That is sinful in Raceland-Worthington area. If you don't believe me, ask someone about the JFL field dimensions.

Rams 48

West Carter 22

Rams have many more horses and cows than the Comets. Comets may have the better horse (Brown) but these Rams horses will be fresh and well conditioned (like always).

Exactly, WC / Brown may have an impact at the start and WC might even jump out to a lead early. Raceland defensive coaches will make adjustments and sooner or later Raceland's size, depth along with their physical, hard hitting will wear on the Comets along with that Raceland home crowd, those people will pick that team up and don't let their team quit. I know because in a game at Raceland a couple of years or so ago, our Fairview bunch came out hot and jumped all over them. We thought that we had them, our kids started that talking smack, even taunting the Raceland bench along with their crowd / stands. After that Raceland picked it up and the game was over, we got our butts handed back to us and were embarrassed mentally and physically. Being a rival / Fairview it was hard to watch but exactly what happened.

Back to this game though, West is good and going to have a very good season, they just don't have the numbers or overall talent to win, in my opinion.

DO NOT USE THE "S" word! That is sinful in Raceland-Worthington area. If you don't believe me, ask someone about the JFL field dimensions.

If I remember correctly, it is a few yards too narrow. Shucks.

I talked to a guy not long ago who is very intent on starting a K-6 soccer league at Raceland-Worthington. I told him he was crazy and that the football gods would never let that happen.

I am saying that the kids that were at Raceland when Maynard was the head coach have stayed their amidst his vacation.

I am a firm believer that Raceland can beat anyone on their schedule by 20+ points, including Ashland. But this is only possible if they come ready to play. Raceland can be a dang good team this year, possibly the best in school history, but they MUST come ready to play each and every week and overlook no one. I believe Salmons will have the Rams ready for Friday and not for next Friday.

Rams 55

Comets 12

I just don't see Raceland beating Ashland or Russell by 20+

I am happy to see West Carter with the optimism...but Raceland is the best team in NEKY not named Johnson Central.

West Carter may scrape and claw... but I will take Raceland by 4 TD's

Ashland Johnson Central and Belfry maybe even Russell are better.

Rams 55

Comets 12

Raceland will be LUCKY to stay within 20 of Ashland!!!!

I am a firm believer that Raceland can beat anyone on their schedule by 20+ points, including Ashland.

Rams 55

Comets 12

Ouch, lol. Don't tell oldrambler that. I love the Rams and hope you guys win your class this year. But if they can hang 20+ on Ashland this year, I would be amazed.