1A #2 Raceland vs. West Carter Predictions

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider the grid a true scrimmage it's a 3 quarter game.. Yeah coaches want to try different things but you play to win. No I'm not comparing scores I'm saying the quality of the team they played (no knock on GC) and the end result was too close to say that West can beat Raceland.

I don't consider the grid a true scrimmage it's a 3 quarter game.. Yeah coaches want to try different things but you play to win. No I'm not comparing scores I'm saying the quality of the team they played (no knock on GC) and the end result was too close to say that West can beat Raceland.

Scrimmage or grid, it really doesn't matter.

I still believe that West Carter pulls off the upset at Raceland.

I agree with Raceland having the advantage with the BIGS.

However, the BIGS have a more difficult time in August than the skill players.

This is why I am going with West Carter.

Raceland's Line is in excellent shape, no huffing and puffing, no butt dragging. They are well conditioned and there is plenty of them to switch in and out with much dropoff. Raceland tears it up in this one. My prediction is a running clock by halftime. Lewis County didnt see 20% of Raceland's offense and I'm quite sure Coach will want to put this one away early. Rams will srike fast and often.

Edited by RAM TIME

Two words: Line Play. Everyone always talks about the skill guys, but watching both teams play yesterday, line play is the difference. Both teams have some fast guys, some guys that can throw, some guys that can catch, but one team has the OL/DL to win.

Like most years, Raceland wins in the trenches.

Spoken as an old lineman, lol. And .... you're right !:thumb:

I also second that! Lol

Spoken as a young lineman. lol. Yes, you are right as well.

Raceland 45

West 15

RAMS ... I Think that there is room on the message / memo board for a couple of comments on this thread ....just say'n. :D

......"West Carter 26

Raceland 21 "

......"I wouldn't overlook the Comets with the Tomcats looming next week."

RAMS ...You have been called out before the first game

Edited by oldrambler

I'm with the others that say line play will be the difference in this one. I think West will have a good season, but IMO Raceland is just on another level as far as having a complete team. Raceland will be a tough out for anyone on their schedule this year as long as they stay focused on the grand prize.

Raceland's Line is in excellent shape, no huffing and puffing, no butt dragging. They are well conditioned and there is plenty of them to switch in and out with much dropoff. Raceland tears it up in this one. My prediction is a running clock by halftime. Lewis County didnt see 20% of Raceland's offense and I'm quite sure Coach will want to put this one away early. Rams will srike fast and often.

Lots of dropoff from the 1's to the 2's?

Lots of dropoff from the 1's to the 2's?

GRC, yes not much dropoff from 1's to 2's. Then if need be some of the one-way lineman can play both ways.

Just buckle up and get ready for liftoff, cause starting Saturday August 22 it goes to the next level. You can believe that.

GRC, yes not much dropoff from 1's to 2's. Then if need be some of the one-way lineman can play both ways.

Just buckle up and get ready for liftoff, cause starting Saturday August 22 it goes to the next level. You can believe that.

The way I read it, there was a dropoff between the 1's and the 2's.

Well, at least the BIGS will be fresh for Raceland.

Still gotta go with the Comets, 26-21.