1A #2 Raceland vs. West Carter Predictions

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Glad to be here. I have a question for the 3 that selected WC to win the ball game. I mean no disrespect, I hope WC becomes the Belfry beaters this year, though its highly unlikely they even win their district. I was just curious as to what leads them to believe that. Doesnt seem like there are many Carter Co posters on here, just wondering what makes them believe? Im all for supporting your team, just tell me why you do lol

Welcome to BGP, that's just wishful thinking. If this was mid-season and the Rams had not allowed a touchdown all season and had an average winning margin of 50, those same 3 would still be voting that way.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No untruths have been stated by me. My sources within Greenup County have informed me of the way football programs operate in this NE KY county. I am not a West Carter fan. I have a hunch that West Carter will be victorious on Saturday night. The only thing that will save Raceland is the carpet overlaying the track in the back corners of their scoreboard endzone.

West Carter 26

Raceland 21

That's hilarious because thats no more... Shows how much you know about the area go back to the GRC thread :)

Not according to Little Ram. My post was #63 and his was post #64 .

Glad to hear that. Have those kids continued traveling to Raceland in the past year since Maynard took over at Russell?

Yeah. To my knowledge.

Raceland has had corners in their end zones for about 4 years now and there's no proof behind your argument about Greenup players and in my opinion let the kids play where they want and it will benefit the best from. How about you talk about the game instead of bringing up a dead end argument on your part.

And neither post has anything to do with the end zones being fixed and the carpet being gone. That being said, Raceland will find the end zone ALOT more Saturday night than the Comets will.

It will be found by the men in black all night long. Wouldn't be surprised to see at least 2 TDS scored by the Defense.

I cant believe it, but I have a feeling our defense will be better this year than last. Definitely goina be physical. I spoke with a couple players last week and they told me about how different things seem. Love this statement from a Junior lineman when I asked how things were going. "Very business like, focused, a few 'brotherly scuffles', but nothing that didnt come from just everyone working as hard as they can, no one is taking plays off, from the scout team to the starters, we want to win". Also liked hearing things like "starters have earned their spots" and "we are all trying to be better than the guy next to us, not to upstage, but to push each other".

I love hearing the kids talk like this. We may lack a Conner Messer, Thomas Tolliver, or Tyler Boyles. But from a pure TEAM stand point, this is one of the most well rounded, balanced, workhorse and hardnosed teams we have had in some time. Looking foward to each and every week of it.

The more I think about it the more I don't think this is going to be a close game. Changing my prediction

Rams 48

West Carter 22

Rams have many more horses and cows than the Comets. Comets may have the better horse (Brown) but these Rams horses will be fresh and well conditioned (like always).

Im interested to see how our special teams look. That has been our weak point consistently over the years. Looks like Will Hale is a good place kicker, but I wonder if we have anyone who can kick field goals. I hate seeing us facing a 4th and 5+ inside the 20 and not having a consistent option to put safe points on the board. We could have used the 9 points against Ashland last year that ended up being turnover on downs 3 times inside the 10 yard line. Losing Messer as a punter is a blow as well. He pinned alot of teams inside the 10 last year.

Kickoffs also concern me. You cant really afford giving teams like Ashland, Valley, Paintsville, and the other teams we will see late in the playoffs the ball at or around the 40, it puts a great deal of pressure on the defense.

I do believe, however, that our offense will be able to control the tempo and slow the game down when we need to though in that regaurd. Lord, is it game time yet?

West Carter 28

Raceland 24

B. Brown's last game against a good Garrard County team was his best game of the season in round one of the playoffs last year. He went 23/9 233YRDS 3TD 1INT passing and 13 for 106YRDS 1TD rushing. If he has a great game he will give the Raceland defense problems. Also younger brother P. Brown will be a impact player for West this year. He is a tremendous athlete as well.

The Comet defense has great team speed that can handle the Raceland passing game. Question is will they off the Raceland running game for 4 quarters?

Optimistic prediction...yes but not ridiculous.