1A #2 Raceland vs. West Carter Predictions

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Where is all that talent from Greenup at? Any of them gonna be making the Sports page in the AD Independent every week?

From what I read in the ADI, the Greenup County Board of Education is limiting the number of students going to Russell and Raceland while living in the Greenup County school district.

That would eventually have some kind of impact on the number of athletes attending Russell and Raceland who live in the Wurtland and southern Greenup County areas.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I read in the ADI' date=' the Greenup County Board of Education is limiting the number of students going to Russell and Raceland while living in the Greenup County school district. That would eventually have some kind of impact on the number of athletes attending Russell and Raceland who live in the Wurtland and southern Greenup County areas.[/quote']

Raceland has been winning games with a bunch of "nobodies" for centuries. We won't have much trouble continuing the tradition with or without those kids.

Raceland has been winning games with a bunch of "nobodies" for centuries. We won't have much trouble continuing the tradition with or without those kids.

Glad to hear that. Have those kids continued traveling to Raceland in the past year since Maynard took over at Russell?

Its wayyy to true also. Im obviously a gc supporter however i also understand completely why kids have left. You can't fault anyone for bettering their self. Greenup has been a broken program for about 10 yrs now however it does seem on the rise as of now. Its takes everyone involved to build a solid program. Support of the school and of the parents is something greenup has lacked for a while. That is a major reason russell and raceland are so successful. Another thing they have in common is a great coaching staff and football programs at the pee wee level. If any school can develop a solid structure that those two teams have youd be surprised at how much talent you actually have. Im guessing that these reasons are exactly why coach maynard left greenup when he did.

Raceland has always played as tough / good of an out of district schedule as they could. Having said that, I think that this 2015 schedule may be one of the best / tough schedule as they have had .....Starting with WC, the Comet faithful are saying that this may be the best WC team ever. .....Ashland has one of the best Tomcat teams in a long time, imp could make a run in their class. .... Greenup Co. imo is a good team this season, are vastly improved and hungry for W's. .... Lawrence Co. is always good, that's just a football town. .... Lucasville Valley, OH., I understand is absolutely loaded. I have a friend that is close to a LV School board member and was told one lineman that has committed to Ohio State with a couple of other DI talent kids. .... Portsmouth West, OH. in the past has had some very good teams and they have a football history / tradition of their own.... Fairview is a district opponent that imo could be a sleeper in our district, the Eagles shouldn't have any problems lighting up the scoreboard and if they can shore up a weak defense then look out. .... Paintsville imo is a legit district and region title contender, quite simply they are Loaded. Then, ..... finishing up with Russell who is very good, coached by former Rams coach T.J. Maynard and there is no doubt that the Devils will be ready. Coming off a return to the 3A State Semi's and hungry for a return to past Russell powerhouse teams, are loaded with good athletes.

So, understatement of the year....Raceland will be well tested (hopefully not beat up) going in the 1A Playoffs. I know that it's the most repeated phase in sports but Raceland just has to take one week at a rime, overlook no one.

Raceland has always played as tough / good of an out of district schedule as they could. Having said that, I think that this 2015 schedule may be one of the best / tough schedule as they have had .....Starting with WC, the Comet faithful are saying that this may be the best WC team ever. .....Ashland has one of the best Tomcat teams in a long time, imp could make a run in their class. .... Greenup Co. imo is a good team this season, are vastly improved and hungry for W's. .... Lawrence Co. is always good, that's just a football town. .... Lucasville Valley, OH., I understand is absolutely loaded. I have a friend that is close to a LV School board member and was told one lineman that has committed to Ohio State with a couple of other DI talent kids. .... Portsmouth West, OH. in the past has had some very good teams and they have a football history / tradition of their own.... Fairview is a district opponent that imo could be a sleeper in our district, the Eagles shouldn't have any problems lighting up the scoreboard and if they can shore up a weak defense then look out. .... Paintsville imo is a legit district and region title contender, quite simply they are Loaded. Then, ..... finishing up with Russell who is very good, coached by former Rams coach T.J. Maynard and there is no doubt that the Devils will be ready. Coming off a return to the 3A State Semi's and hungry for a return to past Russell powerhouse teams, are loaded with good athletes.

So, understatement of the year....Raceland will be well tested (hopefully not beat up) going in the 1A Playoffs. I know that it's the most repeated phase in sports but Raceland just has to take one week at a rime, overlook no one.

On paper, this is about as tough a schedule as I've ever seen Raceland play. I can picture the Rams going anywhere from 9-1 to 5-5.

You're right about Lucasville Valley. According to a highly credible/respected Ohio high school football website, LV has three 1st team all-state players: QB, WR, and a DL.

But, first things first.... West Carter. Earlier in this thread I predicted a 45-20 Raceland win. I think the Comet's speed on offense might give the Rams D some fits early on, but Raceland's line play will take its toll. I just can't see West Carter putting together four quarters against Raceland.

From what I read in the ADI' date=' the Greenup County Board of Education is limiting the number of students going to Russell and Raceland while living in the Greenup County school district. That would eventually have some kind of impact on the number of athletes attending Russell and Raceland who live in the Wurtland and southern Greenup County areas.[/quote']

Don't believe everything you read.