1A #2 Raceland vs. West Carter Predictions

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

I just want to say that for anyone doubting Raceland's ability to get as deep in the playoffs, if not deeper, you are absolutely incorrect. I know for a fact that we didn't bring our A-game saturday, but it wouldn't have mattered. Raceland is in late-season form. We are building our program in the hopes to be as successful as Raceland someday. For anyone that wasn't at the game, their dominance on the OL and DL was impressive. The only good that came out of it for us is that we know now how much better we need to be. It was definitely a wake-up call for us. As for the game this week between Raceland and West, I think Raceland wins comfortably, but West will not give in and will not go away without a fight...that's just the way Coach Brown's players always are. Hats off to Raceland...should be a good year for you!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say that for anyone doubting Raceland's ability to get as deep in the playoffs, if not deeper, you are absolutely incorrect. I know for a fact that we didn't bring our A-game saturday, but it wouldn't have mattered. Raceland is in late-season form. We are building our program in the hopes to be as successful as Raceland someday. For anyone that wasn't at the game, their dominance on the OL and DL was impressive. The only good that came out of it for us is that we know now how much better we need to be. It was definitely a wake-up call for us. As for the game this week between Raceland and West, I think Raceland wins comfortably, but West will not give in and will not go away without a fight...that's just the way Coach Brown's players always are. Hats off to Raceland...should be a good year for you!

Thanks for those kind words!

Raceland has it's largest enrollment in school history this year, and had to hire additional teachers at the elementary school level. I don't think the actions of any other schools are hurting Raceland, in fact, their actions are helping Raceland. Just saying.

Thanks for the compliments. Lewis' program is getting better, and that is being built upon each season. Good luck to you all this coming season.

I hope that Raceland continues to have a good football program after the Greenup County spigot turns off.

When crunch-time arrives, who makes the big decision now?

Salmons or Vanderhoof?

I Have to give you credit, you are really trying to throw doubt into the Raceland players / fan base or anyone else that may listen to you. Thing is, there are plenty of ones that honestly have been better at it than you are and without success. You're welcome to keep trying if you want, it is entertaining

From what I read in the ADI, the Greenup County Board of Education is limiting the number of students going to Russell and Raceland while living in the Greenup County school district.

That would eventually have some kind of impact on the number of athletes attending Russell and Raceland who live in the Wurtland and southern Greenup County areas.

What it was and/or is that GC removed their part of the agreement (for lack of a better term) in Not charging tuition to families of a kid / kids that want to transfer from one county school to another .... GC, Raceland, Russell.

With GC deciding this then now any child that transfers from GC to Raceland or Russell will have to pay a tuition fee to that particular school and the same for any that would transfer to GC from either Raceland or Russell. Bottom line is that GC was losing students to other area schools .. (RWHS, RHS, ECHS, LCHS) for any one or another reason, the least reason was sports. Academics were #1 , location (lived closer to the school system transferred to) along for other personal reasons such as moving, etc.. Also, as far as I can remember, the kids that did transfer from GC to Raceland, their parents brought them there along with to other locations (that you don't seemed too concerned with btw,:D :sssh:) for Academic Reasons at GC / The state of KY. Edu. having to take over the operation of the school) IMO GC was losing so many kids and along with losing football games that some people in the same area of the county that has always called the shots got too upset so they had to blame something or someone other than the real reason ... Themselves and the failures in areas of the GC School system ... Period. Now, I understand that a lot of those problems are better and things are looking up at GC in all areas along with football. Good luck to the GC educational system, school board as well as football (aside from your game with Raceland)

OTE=Ram;5590069]Raceland has it's largest enrollment in school history this year, and had to hire additional teachers at the elementary school level. I don't think the actions of any other schools are hurting Raceland, in fact, their actions are helping Raceland. Just saying. :thumb: Exactly !

Bottom line was / is that Raceland has been playing / winning football games for over 75 years. GCHS didn't exist utill 1974 / 75 so .....I don't see that GCHS kids had much to do with winning or losing at Raceland. Raceland has won with A Few GC transfers, mostly without GC transfers and that Fact Will Not Change.

Now ... Raceland and West Carter are competing in a football game this Saturday night. I believe that Lewis and GCHS are playing and the games are in two separate locations along with separate threads on each game ....Gbye for now.

Edited by oldrambler

Also, one thing that I did not add was that most if not all of the kids that were transferred .......were transferred when those kids Were in Elementary School ! How do I Know that Fact ? One of my best friends (one that I would trust my life with) was the Principal at the Elementary school at that time, that person is now retired so please no one try checking with anyone at the schools, they (RW Schools) even have different principals / superintendent now.........

Containing Braden Brown has to be the #1 priority for Raceland's defense. The Rams have more athletes than West Carter, but Brown will probably be the best athlete on the field that night. Their offense ended last season on a high note against Garrard Co. Leading receiver Zach Walker had a breakout game in that playoff loss. I'm sure a point of emphasis over the off-season was building chemistry between Brown and Walker to give them a vertical passing threat to compliment the running game.

As good as Raceland's defense should be, I wouldn't be surprised to see some offensive fireworks from West Carter on Saturday night.

Meanwhile, back to talking about the game. I feel that Raceland is hungry to get the season started. Team seems to be all business and focused on playing 15 games this year. 14 is not enough.......

Thanks for the updates Doc. As you along with coaches and all of us have said all along .... the Rams just need to stay focused and .............

TCB !

(also , about the earlier post, I was just clearing up some untruths and replacing with Facts, :sneaky: :thumb:)

RAMS ... stay focused on the game plan that your coaches are putting in. Work Hard EVERY Day, a Team will Play like They Practice. One thing for certain, WC will be working hard with intensity and a W over you will set their season on fire. OUT WORK Your Opponet and you will Outplay them on Saturday night......GO RAMS !

3 .......

First time poster...long time reader and even a longer time RAM.

Im glad to see that West is looking to be a bit more competitive. Aslo, seeing speed like Brown has will be a good prep for Baker. I dont believe Brown is on the same level, nor do I think WC line is as stout as what Ashland will have. But Im happy to see we will be playing a team that can prepare us a bit for Ashland. Im goina say Raceland's new secondary answers the call and takes away the pass AND contains Brown. We should have a huge advantage upfront, should be much bigger and quicker, more depth. I just cant't see West putting up more than a TD or 2 on our varsity D.

Rams 42

Comets 14

^^ Welcome to BGP / Ram Nation SC 88 ! Glad to have you aboard. :thumb:

Glad to be here. I have a question for the 3 that selected WC to win the ball game. I mean no disrespect, I hope WC becomes the Belfry beaters this year, though its highly unlikely they even win their district. I was just curious as to what leads them to believe that. Doesnt seem like there are many Carter Co posters on here, just wondering what makes them believe? Im all for supporting your team, just tell me why you do lol