Coach Bob Redman Running for Louisville Metro Council

Bert

He was on the Terry Miener show last week talking about this. I must say, he sounded like a really, really nice guy. I liked what he had to say. I think if he can get his message out, he may have a legitimate shot. I did want to call him and warn him about taking his message to PepRock's house. He plans an extensive walking the neighborhood strategy to get face to fave with the voters.

If I lived in the district I'd vote for him over the career politico that the local Dem party hand selected to run for the seat.

To the best of my knowledge Pat Mulvihill (did I spell that right?) is not a career politico. Pretty sure his early career was working one of the major law firms in town where he did consult the city on legislation but I don't think was involved in politics per se. At some point the Metro Council hired him as their in house general council and a few years later when Fischer was elected mayor, he stole him to be the Mayor's general council but he decided to go back to the Metro Council as their general council. I believe somewhere I read he was part of the general council for LG&E and/or GE Appliance park but that may have been his wife rather than he.

So, while he has been working/legal consulting for the city, I don't know if he has ever been involved in politics till now. Now I do know while working for the Metro Council and the mayor, he built several contacts in politics and they were the ones who sought him to run. Others preferred Steve Magre which is where the little spat behind the scenes in the Louisville Democratic party occurred.

10th. Jim King's old district.

Bob Redman or not I can't imagine a Republican having much of a shot of taking that seat.

Where Bob Redman has the edge is he is retired and his kids are full grown whereas Pat Mulvihill is working full time for the Metro Council and has three young kids. If Redman walks the district like he said he is, his free time as a retired empty nester will allow him to cover three times as much ground as his opponent which in local races, face time means a lot.

A friend of mine ran against PRP's retired principal as the republican in a state house district in the Southwest end of Louisville. He should have been killed in the election based on it being heavy democrat, unions poured money into his opponents war chest and his opponent being well known in that area due to his being PRP's former principal. But he walked the neighborhoods constantly and hit each household at least three times in the months leading up and only lost by a few percentage points.

If Redman can use his name recognition, fundraise well and pound the pavement getting out, it could be a very interesting race. Right now I have to believe the Jefferson County Democratic Party and searching for any dirt they can use. So long as Red's closets aren't too bad, as I said, it could be an interesting race.