Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Confederate flag

Featured Replies

My stance is and always will be that the confederate flag or anything symbolizing the Confederate States should not be on any government property. When the reasoning as to why the confederate flags were placed on government property I don't see how any reasonable person can support that. Museums, homes, cars, trucks....knock yourself out. Wave your flag proudly. And yes, I definitely understand why some don't want the flags to come down off of government buildings. I hear them loud and clear. :D

 

I'm not sure why you want me to address it. What do you want to hear me say about it? I'm not sure why Africa's role in slavery is always brought into these discussions about slavery in America. Africa is a third world continent and the only time anyone cares about them in Africa is when people like to walk through memory lane and remind us that Africans sold their own into slavery. We know all about that. I don't think anyone has denied it or is proud of it. You don't see any blacks waving flags honoring that heritage do you? Greed is a sin. I don't know what else to tell you. I'm guessing Texas will make sure that stays in their history textbooks.

 

You must be joking....I wish I knew how much money the world has given (and wasted) to Africa the continent. The corruption in most countries is off the charts, yet whether it is AIDS or Ebola or starvation, the world is asked for and has provided much to this continent. To a large degree, it has been wasted.

 

Each country is separate to be sure, but you would be better off trying to fly those dollars out your car window to Africa, rather than hand it over to some of those corrupt leaders.

  • Replies 387
  • Views 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kid Rock has a bi-racial child. He understands this is all the latest noise hoopla.

 

Yes....but the Confederate Flag wasn't ever officially flown in Detroit, Michigan. Michigan isn't a southern state. He's free to say and do whatever he wants. But I'm not so sure how the flag could have made up a large part of Kid Rock's heritage. I think it's more likely he's playing to his crowd.

Never said it wasn't bad..it is. But you can't dismiss the FACT that Africans had slaves earlier and longer than America. Where is the fake outrage over that.

 

There are and have been many countries that have done these things. Why did you just point out African nations?

 

As regarding how any other country does anything, why should we not start first in our own country?

 

How does the "victim mentality" play into this?

I have posted on this issue far more than I maybe should have and I did not mention one other reason that has been a source and maybe even one of the roots of my affection for the flag. I left it out on purpose because I did not want to see it drug into this but now that I am doing better at coming to grips and time is allowing everyone's emotions to better calm down over Charleston I am going to bring it up. AS some of you are aware I am a Ole Miss Rebels fan and growing up the flag and Ole Miss had a association, though unofficial, and to many still do. When I was young it flew at Ole Miss sporting events, though Ole Miss ban the flag and eventually Mr. Rebel in an effort to distance its self but I think all can agree of the flag and Ole Miss still having ties and I don't see how that will change in the short term. If you go to a Ole Miss game today you will still see an occasional flag and a lot of Mr. Rebel. Granted Mr. Rebel was vanquished a lot more recently than the flag and given that the selected new mascot is a very unpopular and unrelated mascot. Does any of this impact Ole Miss in attracting students and athletes or will it not have a impact? Any thoughts? This maybe a better question in the college sports threads but I went ahead and ask it here and if it becomes a distraction it can be moved

Who buys customized rings at Wal-Mart?

Yes....but the Confederate Flag wasn't ever officially flown in Detroit, Michigan. Michigan isn't a southern state. He's free to say and do whatever he wants. But I'm not so sure how the flag could have made up a large part of Kid Rock's heritage. I think it's more likely he's playing to his crowd.

 

To be entirely fair, Detroit is the northern terminus of the Hillbilly Highway, the route poor southerners took back from post WWII to the 70s to find factory jobs. It's why big cities such as Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Cleveland, Toledo, Detroit (and other cities in Michigan) have vibrant populations of people from Kentucky and other southern states.

The absurdity continues.

 

LINK

 

Completely ridiculous.

Do away with the confederate flag on govt buildings period.

 

With that said, getting rid of the confederate flag everywhere will not end racism but it will end free speech.

[/b]

 

You must be joking....I wish I knew how much money the world has given (and wasted) to Africa the continent. The corruption in most countries is off the charts, yet whether it is AIDS or Ebola or starvation, the world is asked for and has provided much to this continent. To a large degree, it has been wasted.

 

Each country is separate to be sure, but you would be better off trying to fly those dollars out your car window to Africa, rather than hand it over to some of those corrupt leaders.

 

Okay. I care because why? You brought up Africa and slavery and wanted me to address it and I did. You must be joking. I care about Africa because why?

The absurdity continues.

 

LINK

 

So a company refuses to sell Confederate Flag stuff and you think it is absurd and the reason is Walmart believes that is a symbol of hatred towards blacks. Do you think it is absurd then that a florist refuses to provide flowers for a gay wedding?

 

I don't see where you can have it both, either you support a business refusing to sell items due to their beliefs or you don't? No doubt that both are discriminatory.

The absurdity continues.

 

LINK

 

So a company refuses to sell Confederate Flag stuff and you think it is absurd and the reason is Walmart believes that is a symbol of hatred towards blacks. Do you think it is absurd then that a florist refuses to provide flowers for a gay wedding?

 

I don't see where you can have it both ways, either you support a business refusing to sell items due to their beliefs or you don't? No doubt that both are discriminatory.

So a company refuses to sell Confederate Flag stuff and you think it is absurd and the reason is Walmart believes that is a symbol of hatred towards blacks. Do you think it is absurd then that a florist refuses to provide flowers for a gay wedding?

 

I don't see where you can have it both ways, either you support a business refusing to sell items due to their beliefs or you don't? No doubt that both are discriminatory.

 

Outstanding point.

So a company refuses to sell Confederate Flag stuff and you think it is absurd and the reason is Walmart believes that is a symbol of hatred towards blacks. Do you think it is absurd then that a florist refuses to provide flowers for a gay wedding?

 

 

I don't see where you can have it both ways, either you support a business refusing to sell items due to their beliefs or you don't? No doubt that both are discriminatory.

 

That mic is thrown !

To be entirely fair, Detroit is the northern terminus of the Hillbilly Highway, the route poor southerners took back from post WWII to the 70s to find factory jobs. It's why big cities such as Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Cleveland, Toledo, Detroit (and other cities in Michigan) have vibrant populations of people from Kentucky and other southern states.

 

That's a great point, it caused me to remember this great song by a great artist.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.