July 10, 201511 yr It's a she...but you think she might take exception to what he said. Not if she is paid enough. If the money is right she'll keep it to herself. If she can make more money elsewhere or if her and Kid have a great relationship then she'll say how she really feels.
July 10, 201511 yr To add to that, for me what bothers me the most about it is that a majority of the people know why it is loathsome, why it is so polarizing, why it is so controversial and why it is upsetting to a majority of black people and instead of people saying, "I get it" they get more vindicative and wave the flag higher and louder and more proud. For me that just makes the situation worse and more volatile. These same folks will make incendiary statements about blacks and then swear they aren't racist. Drives me nuts. Kudos to folks like Toothpick who articulates his feelings extremely well and truly can back it up when explaining everything the flag means to him and without being divisive. And kudos to Michael Corleone as well as we had days of back and forth and came to a positive ending of understanding. In something as polarizing as the flag these discussions are important and I am grateful to BGP for being able to have a reasonable and mature discussion about it. Or they say "get over it" or try to tell you what should and shouldn't offend you, even though they have no skin (pun intended) in the game. And instead of just of taking a minute to think and maybe empathize, get mad and blame the "left" or start moaning about "pc". I don't understand why it's so hard to be a little more empathetic and understanding. Sometimes we need to just try to be nicer each other. And that goes both ways.
July 11, 201511 yr I wasn't defending the rioters. Never have. Never will. I was explaining the mindset of the rioters. The dead giveaway should have been when I referred to them as "they and their" and not "us or we". Not one time have I ever defended the rioters and I never will. He said help me understand why and I broke down the mindset of the people who were rioting. Please tell me where I said they were right and should be rioting and defending their actions. I'll wait....... So assuredly a man as intelligent as you sees that their are always two sides to every story...so you can understand why some don't feel like the confederate flag should come down? Also when can you address the issue of African blacks selling their own kin into slavery or the fact that until the middle of the twentieth century some African nations still had slavery?
July 11, 201511 yr So assuredly a man as intelligent as you sees that their are always two sides to every story...so you can understand why some don't feel like the confederate flag should come down? Also when can you address the issue of African blacks selling their own kin into slavery or the fact that until the middle of the twentieth century some African nations still had slavery? My stance is and always will be that the confederate flag or anything symbolizing the Confederate States should not be on any government property. When the reasoning as to why the confederate flags were placed on government property I don't see how any reasonable person can support that. Museums, homes, cars, trucks....knock yourself out. Wave your flag proudly. And yes, I definitely understand why some don't want the flags to come down off of government buildings. I hear them loud and clear. I'm not sure why you want me to address it. What do you want to hear me say about it? I'm not sure why Africa's role in slavery is always brought into these discussions about slavery in America. Africa is a third world continent and the only time anyone cares about them in Africa is when people like to walk through memory lane and remind us that Africans sold their own into slavery. We know all about that. I don't think anyone has denied it or is proud of it. You don't see any blacks waving flags honoring that heritage do you? Greed is a sin. I don't know what else to tell you. I'm guessing Texas will make sure that stays in their history textbooks.
July 11, 201511 yr I wonder if his drummer will be offended? Probably about as offended as his son is, who by the way is also black.
July 11, 201511 yr My stance is and always will be that the confederate flag or anything symbolizing the Confederate States should not be on any government property. When the reasoning as to why the confederate flags were placed on government property I don't see how any reasonable person can support that. Museums, homes, cars, trucks....knock yourself out. Wave your flag proudly. And yes, I definitely understand why some don't want the flags to come down off of government buildings. I hear them loud and clear. I'm not sure why you want me to address it. What do you want to hear me say about it? I'm not sure why Africa's role in slavery is always brought into these discussions about slavery in America. Africa is a third world continent and the only time anyone cares about them in Africa is when people like to walk through memory lane and remind us that Africans sold their own into slavery. We know all about that. I don't think anyone has denied it or is proud of it. You don't see any blacks waving flags honoring that heritage do you? Greed is a sin. I don't know what else to tell you. I'm guessing Texas will make sure that stays in their history textbooks. Like you, I never understand why people bring Africa into this discussion, other than to deflect blame or make a straw man argument.
July 11, 201511 yr Also when can you address the issue of African blacks selling their own kin into slavery or the fact that until the middle of the twentieth century some African nations still had slavery? "But...but...they did it too!" What's your angle here other than to whine American slavery wasn't "so bad" and shouldn't be chastised?
July 11, 201511 yr My stance is and always will be that the confederate flag or anything symbolizing the Confederate States should not be on any government property. When the reasoning as to why the confederate flags were placed on government property I don't see how any reasonable person can support that. Museums, homes, cars, trucks....knock yourself out. Wave your flag proudly. And yes, I definitely understand why some don't want the flags to come down off of government buildings. I hear them loud and clear. I'm not sure why you want me to address it. What do you want to hear me say about it? I'm not sure why Africa's role in slavery is always brought into these discussions about slavery in America. Africa is a third world continent and the only time anyone cares about them in Africa is when people like to walk through memory lane and remind us that Africans sold their own into slavery. We know all about that. I don't think anyone has denied it or is proud of it. You don't see any blacks waving flags honoring that heritage do you? Greed is a sin. I don't know what else to tell you. I'm guessing Texas will make sure that stays in their history textbooks. As to what is in bold, I would humbly disagree with you as to myself and my family.
July 11, 201511 yr As to what is in bold, I would humbly disagree with you as to myself and my family. You are one family out of hundreds of millions who cares about Africa. Africa is in shambles and nobody cares. Corruption is rampant, genocide happens everyday, famine, poverty and disease spread at epidemic rates in the continent of Africa. Am I wrong in this statement? Before folks started reminding us that Africans partook and helped kick start slavery in America the last time we mentioned Africa on here is when all of those kids were kidnapped and disappeared. Michelle Obama tweeted out support to do something about it and people got mad at her for that. That was the last time anyone spoke about Africa other than your experiences with Africa.
July 11, 201511 yr You are one family out of hundreds of millions who cares about Africa. Africa is in shambles and nobody cares. Corruption is rampant, genocide happens everyday, famine, poverty and disease spread at epidemic rates in the continent of Africa. Am I wrong in this statement? Before folks started reminding us that Africans partook and helped kick start slavery in America the last time we mentioned Africa on here is when all of those kids were kidnapped and disappeared. Michelle Obama tweeted out support to do something about it and people got mad at her for that. That was the last time anyone spoke about Africa other than your experiences with Africa. I would disagree that all of Africa is in shambles. Ethiopia, while poor, is not in that bad of shape. South Africa is better than most countries in Africa. Let's not forget Morocco is in Africa. While I agree most of Africa is in shambles, why is it? Continuous infighting, genocide, corrupt officials, etc. As to Mrs. Obama, the push back came from her thinking a Twitter campaign could change the mind of an Islamic hate group that equals ISIS in it's atrocities. People like them understand one thing, brute force. We should have sent Special Forces in to deal with them. I equally blame GWB, and to some extent Obama for not sending in troops to stop the genocide in Sudan and Uganda.
July 11, 201511 yr My guess is there will be no one at his concerts that will be offended :lol: What connection does Kid Rock have to the flag?? Wasn't he born and raised in Michigan?? Specifically, near Detroit?? Last I checked, Michigan was a little north of the confederacy. Or maybe Kid is just playing to his crowd a little....
July 11, 201511 yr "But...but...they did it too!" What's your angle here other than to whine American slavery wasn't "so bad" and shouldn't be chastised? Never said it wasn't bad..it is. But you can't dismiss the FACT that Africans had slaves earlier and longer than America. Where is the fake outrage over that. Same for gays...now people have righteous indignation that gays should have all rights and so forth as any other, when the history of the world hasn't been that way towards that group. Why don't the gays protest in the middle east when they push homosexuals off of buildings? I'll tell you why, because they go over and promote their lifestyle and they will be shot on sight. So, in America, because we have great tolerance, we are forced to listen to horse manure and endure it, when in other countries they don't. Yet the same people that whine about how bad America is have the RIGHT here to push this nonsense, and I along with most others support that right, but by God they don't utter a word about the human rights tragedies that go on in other parts of the world. As a matter of fact, they want us to butt out of matters, when other groups kill and dismember by the day. Anybody here with a beef gets mad and then everybody is supposed to bend over to help them, and therein lies the problem, the VICTIM mentality of EVERYONE. Nobody owes me, you or anybody else anything and the sooner we figure that out as a nation the better. Some people are smarter than others, some people are prettier than others, some people are richer than others, that is the way it has always has been and always will be in every nation for all time.
July 11, 201511 yr What connection does Kid Rock have to the flag?? Wasn't he born and raised in Michigan?? Specifically, near Detroit?? Last I checked, Michigan was a little north of the confederacy. Or maybe Kid is just playing to his crowd a little.... Kid Rock has a bi-racial child. He understands this is all the latest noise hoopla.
July 11, 201511 yr I would disagree that all of Africa is in shambles. Ethiopia, while poor, is not in that bad of shape. South Africa is better than most countries in Africa. Let's not forget Morocco is in Africa. While I agree most of Africa is in shambles, why is it? Continuous infighting, genocide, corrupt officials, etc. As to Mrs. Obama, the push back came from her thinking a Twitter campaign could change the mind of an Islamic hate group that equals ISIS in it's atrocities. People like them understand one thing, brute force. We should have sent Special Forces in to deal with them. I equally blame GWB, and to some extent Obama for not sending in troops to stop the genocide in Sudan and Uganda. Love your insight on African matters because it is so spot on, and because you have a personal relationship with it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.