Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Confederate flag

Featured Replies

I guess no one ever mentions the atrocities of what the North did under the American Flag.

 

Plus didn't the North keep blacks from fighting in the war so they wouldn't get the GLORY.

 

So after the war the North set the standards for what would be allowed and get made the rules.

Maybe the Northern liberals fostered all the racism

 

Where do you get this. I think there were close to 150,000 or more negroes in the Union army. Ever hear of Ft Pillow? Ft Wagoner?

  • Replies 387
  • Views 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone is saying it from what I have read

 

Hell they plan on digging up Nathan Forrest and his wife a putting them elsewhere.

Where does it all stop.

 

And once again your reading comprehension is not very good

Anyone who uses that as justification is ignoring the Jim Crow era.
I didn't say it was a good justification just the only one with any plausibility as small as that may be.
He's not, but you're entitled to believe whatever makes you feel better.

 

He isn't, why did he own slaves then?

Was the flag flying over the capitol or at a war memorial on capitol grounds? I ask because my understanding is that the flag over the capitol was taken down a while back and that this flag in SC is at a separate war memorial on state capitol grounds. If it shouldn't be on state grounds at a war memorial then should it be in a state own museum to the same war? That what they say they are going to do with it.

 

This isn't directed at you UKMF just tagging onto what you said.

 

It originally flew over the Capitol. I think it was moved in the last ten years to the monument directly in front of the Capitol and on the same grounds.

George Washington owned 318 slaves a thy were freed after his death in his will.

But he still owned slaves and his house should be burned down which is an attraction to see close to DC.

We can't pick and choose who and what.

 

Take that racist off the money and we should mention his as the first racist POTUS

 

No argument from me. :D

No argument from me. :D

 

I agree with Ref. take old George off the one dollar bill and replace him with a rainbow flag, or how about Harvey Milk?

I agree with Ref. take old George off the one dollar bill and replace him with a rainbow flag, or how about Harvey Milk?

 

I say put Malcolm X on it in his place. With him on the $1 dollar bill and Harriet on the $20 bill I think I'd be good with that. :D

I say put Malcolm X on it in his place. With him on the $1 dollar bill and Harriet on the $20 bill I think I'd be good with that. :D

 

tupac_shakur_2$.jpg

Where do you get this. I think there were close to 150,000 or more negroes in the Union army. Ever hear of Ft Pillow? Ft Wagoner?

Lincoln didn't even want to let blacks in the army until the North started losing.

 

Black Union soldiers did not receive equal pay or equal treatment. They were paid $10 a month, with $3 deducted from that pay for clothing—white soldiers received $13 a month with no clothing deduction—until June 1864, when Congress granted retroactive equal pay. Even in the North, racial discrimination was widespread and blacks were often not treated as equals by white soldiers. In addition, segregated units were formed with black enlisted men commanded by white officers and black non-commissioned officers. Some of the white officers had low opinions of their colored troops and failed to adequately train them.

tupac_shakur_2$.jpg

 

 

Greatest. Thing. Ever.

 

On the the back of it does it say, "Only God Can Judge Me"? Seeing as how it has Pac on it I think that needs to be on there somewhere.

I was told that Georgia's state flag is the actual official flag of the Confederate States of America.

 

Very similar. The exceptions are that the Georgia flag has 13 stars as opposed to 7 and the Georgia coat of arms appears inside the ring of stars. Otherwise they appear identical.

 

I saw something online a few weeks ago, that showed how just about all of the southern states have aspects of their current flag that reflect the Confederacy. Mississippi is the most obvious example.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.