Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Confederate flag

Featured Replies

Can someone explain why it is still around today? Do you believe people who display it are racist or just associate it with being from the south and really don't understand the meaning?

 

I can't believe people still tout it around myself. It's a representation of a terrible time in the US's history and it blows my mind that people are proud of it.

  • Replies 387
  • Views 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I also can't understand how the Mississippi state flag even displays it

 

image.jpg

Right or wrong we are the nation of the offended...everyone is looking for a reason to be offended...today it is the confederate flag...next month it may be the Bible or Japanese made cars or Nike...who knows.

 

If people are offended by the Confederate flag I can understand that, if some people look at it as a heritage thing and not a Race thing I can understand that.

Last one I saw prominently displayed was in the form of a front license plate at the local Kroger. On the rear bumper was a Member of the Invisible Empire sticker.

 

Take from that what you will.

Last one I saw prominently displayed was in the form of a front license plate at the local Kroger. On the rear bumper was a Member of the Invisible Empire sticker.

 

Take from that what you will.

 

I had never heard of that "empire", just googled it, rolled my eyes, and x'd out of that browser.

  • Author
Right or wrong we are the nation of the offended...everyone is looking for a reason to be offended...today it is the confederate flag...next month it may be the Bible or Japanese made cars or Nike...who knows.

 

If people are offended by the Confederate flag I can understand that, if some people look at it as a heritage thing and not a Race thing I can understand that.

 

I'm not easily offended by a lot, the confederate flag doesn't offend me cause I'm white. But it should offend 100% of the black population because it's heritage is based on slavery and protecting the white mans right for owning other human beings.

 

It may have change over time, but the original intent is still there and it should have been banned a long time ago.

I'm not easily offended by a lot, the confederate flag doesn't offend me cause I'm white. But it should offend 100% of the black population because it's heritage is based on slavery and protecting the white mans right for owning other human beings.

 

It may have change over time, but the original intent is still there and it should have been banned a long time ago.

 

I agree with it not being on Statehouses or as part of a state flag...beyond that what does "Banned" look like?

There are so many other ways to display your southern heritage. Plant a magnolia tree in your yard, put some rocking chairs on your front porch, eat some grits or boiled peanuts, build a plantation and start a garden to grow your own okra, black eyed peas, greens, etc.

So if we ban the flag what do we ban next? I'm no fan of the stars and bars but this is getting way too close to Orwellian and thought police for me.

 

As I said in another thread the books Mein Kampf and The Turner Diaries are still available for sale at Amazon. If the flag that represented the ideals of the South should be banned then surely those books (which are basically Holy Writ for Neo-Nazis and Skinheads) should be as well, correct?

 

Should all of the Confederate soldiers that are buried at Arlington National Cemetery be exhumed and re-buried somewhere else?

 

How far down the slope should we slide/

  • Author

I guess banned is a strong word because it is free speech, but I agree it should be banned from all government buildings.

There are so many other ways to display your southern heritage. Plant a magnolia tree in your yard, put some rocking chairs on your front porch, eat some grits or boiled peanuts, build a plantation and start a garden to grow your own okra, black eyed peas, greens, etc.

 

I display my love for the South this way about 3-4 times a week :lol2:

I loathe boiled peanuts. When my parents first moved to Florida years ago my father bought some fresh off of a street vendor. Now I'll eat and enjoy oysters on the half shell but the texture of boiled peanuts in my mouth almost made me wretch.

So if we ban the flag what do we ban next? I'm no fan of the stars and bars but this is getting way too close to Orwellian and thought police for me.

 

As I said in another thread the books Mein Kampf and The Turner Diaries are still available for sale at Amazon. If the flag that represented the ideals of the South should be banned then surely those books (which are basically Holy Writ for Neo-Nazis and Skinheads) should be as well, correct?

 

Should all of the Confederate soldiers that are buried at Arlington National Cemetery be exhumed and re-buried somewhere else?

 

How far down the slope should we slide/

 

I'm only for "banning" state endorsement from the capitols. Just my opinion.

 

As to Rebels in Arlington, are there any? It began as a Federal cemetery in the war so that RE Lee could never return to his home again.

One of the worst things about visiting my family in Mississippi was those darn boiled peanuts! :arghh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.