Final Four

Now that the teams have been set, how does each one fare against the other?

Highlands/Greenup Cty. 6:00

Scott/West Jessemine. 8:30

Both games look to be outstanding match ups. Only familiar with Highlands. With them having all their pitchers available less Ricky Raisor, I would have to think they may have an edge. I also don't think the bats have come alive yet for the Birds like they are capable of. If pitching stays consistent, and the bats wake up a little, they will be a very hard out. I'm sure all teams can pretty much say the same, but I give the Birds the slight edge. All without knowing a thing about the other teams. Not biased! lol!

Horst, help a brother out on the others!

Guest LSPM89

Watched Highlands play North Bullitt and McCracken and watched Greenup/Collins game. In what I saw, North Bullitt and McCracken are much much better teams than Greenup. Unless Greenup has a pitcher that totally shuts Highlands down, I feel like they should have no problems in this game. But it is one and done so you never know.

Now that the teams have been set, how does each one fare against the other?

Highlands/Greenup Cty. 6:00

Scott/West Jessemine. 8:30

Both games look to be outstanding match ups. Only familiar with Highlands. With them having all their pitchers available less Ricky Raisor, I would have to think they may have an edge. I also don't think the bats have come alive yet for the Birds like they are capable of. If pitching stays consistent, and the bats wake up a little, they will be a very hard out. I'm sure all teams can pretty much say the same, but I give the Birds the slight edge. All without knowing a thing about the other teams. Not biased! lol!

Horst, help a brother out on the others!

Greenup is a scrappy group of all underclassman, having no seniors on their roster. They are aggressive on the base paths and have no problems hitting the ball to the opposite field.

Greenup had 5 shutouts in a row (like HHS did) earlier this season so their pitching is obviously very strong.

West Jessamine looks the part of a state finalist after their dismantling of E-town last night. They hit with power and to all fields. Not sure about their pitching though.

HHS played Scott earlier in the season (winning 10-8 while leading 10-2 entering the 7th inning) and they seem to be playing much better ball now. Scott's pitchers (Trame and Ohmer) have each thrown CGs. Expecting Mann to pitch for them.

With Mark Leonard pitching last night, I expect West to start Joe Ivey on the mound and have Maxx Mahon next up, with Leonard to close if both Ivey and Mahon get hit hard.

I believe Greenup will counter with Hayden or Coldiron. Coldiron struggled wednesday night but has shown good control all year and has good wins including one vs Saint X. Gammon, Hughes, and even Keeton could throw sparingly if needed. I look for the musketeers to continue to be strong on the base paths, anyone know the arm strength of Highlands catcher? If i were a betting man i would say it's nothing like the arm of Shoupe's.

I believe Greenup will counter with Hayden or Coldiron. Coldiron struggled wednesday night but has shown good control all year and has good wins including one vs Saint X. Gammon, Hughes, and even Keeton could throw sparingly if needed. I look for the musketeers to continue to be strong on the base paths, anyone know the arm strength of Highlands catcher? If i were a betting man i would say it's nothing like the arm of Shoupe's.

I think I'd be more concerned with the arms of the pitchers. No need to worry about the catcher if they can't get on base. Not saying they can't, but that would be my first concern when facing the Birds staff.

I think I'd be more concerned with the arms of the pitchers. No need to worry about the catcher if they can't get on base. Not saying they can't, but that would be my first concern when facing the Birds staff.

I understand what you're saying but I'm saying that the musketeers game is based on small ball speed and base running offensively. So the arm does come into play a lot. Greenup pitching staff doesn't have a blow by you guy but they all hit spots throw good off speed stuff and position themselves well for each called